Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ended up retiring the extra office litter box early. Turns out I’m not keeping up with the ones I have out. She told me so by peeing outside the box but inside the pen. I’ll monitor this behavior after cleaning up the pen, taking a box away, and changing out another box with fresh litter. The last of my litter or I’d change out all the boxes. I’ll get another bag or two of litter and change out the other boxes.

Wednesday can’t come fast enough. I need another data point to begin to construct her weight trend.

And I want to talk with her vet about when to taper her further. I’d like to pred her every other day and try CBD on the alternate days. Ultimately I want to get her off steroids because of my concern for side effects with longterm use. (Diabetes.) And I would like to replace the anti inflammatory action with CBD. There’s less risk with long term use of the chemo drug. I don’t have an issue giving that one every two weeks indefinitely.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wha...?

🤮

I don’t know what that was about. Maybe I used too much cleaner in her pen. Maybe it was a snack and yak. It was two hours after her last meal. Not a scarf and barf.

I don’t know. She’ll get a B12 shot tomorrow.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wha...?

🤮

I don’t know what that was about. Maybe I used too much cleaner in her pen. Maybe it was a snack and yak. It was two hours after her last meal. Not a scarf and barf.

I don’t know. She’ll get a B12 shot tomorrow.
Hmmm! Well, I guess she doesn't want you getting bored or complacent :insertevillaugh:
Sounds like an excellent plan. I hear so much good about the CBD oil!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't see any repeat of the inappropriate urination.

But I did wake up to poop jumpers. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt that these were jumpers and not intentional carpet deposits. Fortunately, they're so well formed, they didn't even leave "lipstick marks" from where they kissed the carpet. Tear off a length of TP, grab, and flush.

Oh! I do have an extra bag of litter. It's in the front room. I believe I will be replacing the disposable litter boxes with her regular sized boxes again now that she seems to be moving well enough for them.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't see any repeat of the inappropriate urination.

But I did wake up to poop jumpers. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt that these were jumpers and not intentional carpet deposits. Fortunately, they're so well formed, they didn't even leave "lipstick marks" from where they kissed the carpet. Tear off a length of TP, grab, and flush.

Oh! I do have an extra bag of litter. It's in the front room. I believe I will be replacing the disposable litter boxes with her regular sized boxes again now that she seems to be moving well enough for them.
Really good progress!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
9 pm: “I smell poop. But where did you put it?!”

I hunted all the boxes and looked for hidden bombs and jumpers.

Turns out she had a cling-on on her tail. 🤦🏼‍♂️ I don’t know how long that’s been there. Seemed she last pooped around 6 pm.

🎼 “...a three hour tour, a three hour tour...” 🏝😹

We’ve been through so much. I don’t put much stock in a single event anymore. Let’s see if this becomes a pattern or if this was just a one-off.

I was reviewing this thread from past chemo dose. I wonder if last night’s yak and today’s malaise is a chemo side effect. She had a couple yaks after last dose. It hasn’t been very long since her poop nonsense resolved and she’s been done with antibiotics. So it’s conceivable that she has side effects to that medicine that I never noticed because of the fish flake reaction. It’s mild compared to what she was going though with the fish flakes. But it’s something to note and watch for in two weeks. 🧐

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 am: 💩

“I hope she does her booty duty because she doesn’t get fed until 2.”

Shortly after, she shows up on my chest for a business end belly ride. I guess she’s being a smart butt. Presenting for inspection. 🤦🏼‍♂️🙊

“yeah. Alright. You win this time. 😹 Still not getting up until fifteen til.” 😿

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like that Krista keeps trying to jump into my lap.

But ouch! 😿

She keeps banging her head against the desk when she doesn't quite make it into my lap. I really wish she would just use the steps in the tree next to the desk. That's why that tree has steps. That's why that tree is positioned next to the desk.

She's nothing if not stubborn. And resilient. Maybe I just need to get her a helmet.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like that Krista keeps trying to jump into my lap.

But ouch! 😿

She keeps banging her head against the desk when she doesn't quite make it into my lap. I really wish she would just use the steps in the tree next to the desk. That's why that tree has steps. That's why that tree is positioned next to the desk.

She's nothing if not stubborn. And resilient. Maybe I just need to get her a helmet.
Yeah, that can't feel good, determined or not. Clothes for cats are a huge turn-off for me, but in this case, yeah, a little helmet with holes for the ears...:think:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do like that she's sleeping though. It seemed like she's been wired for weeks with the pred. Now that we've tapered from 5 mg daily to 2.5 mg daily, she seems more like an old cat who enjoys a good nap. Even if she waddles a bit more because of her arthritis. She's not always squatting down far enough in the litter boxes. No repeat of the intentional wall peeing inside the pen from last week. But she's peed over the sides of her boxes a couple of times. That's what convinced me to retire the disposable boxes and move her back to her plastic boxes. Half of the boxes have a higher back side. (The other half are a little longer length.) She always faces the same way in each box. So I know where to put the high side. And which side should have more pee pad beneath it.

Yes, I do like seeing a sleeping cat more than one who is sitting sentry in front of her food from nearly the moment she finished the plate. I feel better about her at this level of pred. I would still like to eventually get her off of it. Or at least get her to an alternate day schedule so she can share time with CBD until I can replace her pred with CBD altogether, if possible. I would feel so much more relaxed about her being on CBD than steroids. CBD doesn't cause diabetes.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do like that she's sleeping though. It seemed like she's been wired for weeks with the pred. Now that we've tapered from 5 mg daily to 2.5 mg daily, she seems more like an old cat who enjoys a good nap. Even if she waddles a bit more because of her arthritis. She's not always squatting down far enough in the litter boxes. No repeat of the intentional wall peeing inside the pen from last week. But she's peed over the sides of her boxes a couple of times. That's what convinced me to retire the disposable boxes and move her back to her plastic boxes. Half of the boxes have a higher back side. (The other half are a little longer length.) She always faces the same way in each box. So I know where to put the high side. And which side should have more pee pad beneath it.

Yes, I do like seeing a sleeping cat more than one who is sitting sentry in front of her food from nearly the moment she finished the plate. I feel better about her at this level of pred. I would still like to eventually get her off of it. Or at least get her to an alternate day schedule so she can share time with CBD until I can replace her pred with CBD altogether, if possible. I would feel so much more relaxed about her being on CBD than steroids. CBD doesn't cause diabetes.
Yeah, that sure would be good if it could happen.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's doing okay. She is what I might best guess as settling into her lower pred dose. She's not wired and hungry all the time, sitting sentry in front of her food dishes all the time. She sleeps more. Like she should.

But the lower pred dose comes with less anti-inflammatory relief for her arthritis. She isn't squatting down low enough when she pees. I'm cleaning overflow pee off the pen floor now and a little that over-spilled a pee pad in the hallway.

I'm thinking I get a weight on her tomorrow to see how she's doing there. Then I'll call up the vet and see about getting her checked out. Make sure there's nothing else going on with the over-spilling and also get her checked for steroids side-effects (diabetes, etc.) I can also talk to vet whether I can start CBD now or wait til next taper when I can dose her on alternate days to lessen the drug interactions.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd like her to play a little more. I haven't seen her on the media bench in almost two weeks and the kitchen counter in longer than I can remember. I want her to be able to jump in my lap and not bang her head on the desk. I want her to climb the steps into the tree or on to the desk that way. She's come a ways. But she has a ways to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.