Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shoot!

🤮

I think she just had too much to eat. I’ve been plating like a Jewish mother all day. “You’re so skinny! You’re not eating enough. Here. Have a little more on your plate.”

We also switched between 3 oz cans and 5.5 oz cans which are different textures. 🤦🏼‍♂️ The 5.5 oz cans seem to be denser/chewier than the 3 oz. I’m out of 3 oz cans until my delivery tomorrow.

Anyway. It’s not a huge puddle. Or puddles. And she’s not bonkers for a replacement yet. But I don’t think I can hold her off until 5am. So we’ll probably be off schedule for most of the day. I’ll get her two half meals between second breakfast and lunch so we can get back on schedule by afternoon.

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometime between 1 am and 4 am: 💩👍

I’m guessing it was closer to 1 am because it had spent its stink by the time I found it at 4am. It was an easy grab and flush. That’s one more advantage to her perfect polite poops. They’re so well-formed that I just scoop and flush when she doesn’t bury them. 👍

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
5:30 am: 💩👍

This one was fresh. And patriotic. “I have not yet begun to stink!” John Paul Jones got scooped and flushed. And back to sleep for the both of us. I hope.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have one yet but I learned just a few months ago from the brand Arçelik there is such a thing... They have a bluetooth-connected scale that automatically sends the result to your phone, to their app. If Krista has a habit of sitting on scales on her own like my Hima, that could be very useful. (The scale in my house is right next to the door. She sits there and waits for me when I'm outside the room and the door is closed. But she leaves as soon as I come in so I can't be quick to check the reading.)
I don't want to micro-manage her weight like that. I stopped measuring it in the first place because it was upsetting me and nothing I was doing was going to change her weight. Now that the lymphoma looks like it's finally in remission and also because she's even thinner than before (I didn't think that was possible!) since the surgery and the antibiotics, I need to keep an eye on her weight once more. Once a week should be plenty. She really is chill with the "Squish that cat!" method so I don't anticipate any issues here.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh! There is some noise coming from the apartment next to me that sounds just like my cat yakking. 🤦‍♂️ I think it's a banging of some sort that's being muffled by the walls that ends up sounding like it sounds by the time it gets to me. Whatever they're doing, I hope they stop it soon.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tuesday’s Bissell testimonial.

There was one more spot like this that started vivid like pumpkin and came up clean in a couple of wet passes and a couple of dry passes. I thought I’d document the “before” and “after” on this second spot. Btw, that’s nearly 8 hours old by the time I got around to cleaning it. This is why I love the upright so much. Because it comes right up.
8B7B894B-6B31-44B1-BB08-1FB515DA3506.jpeg

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2:30 pm: 💩👍

...and a couple hitchhikers that left the box with her. 🤦🏼‍♂️

But it’s a testament from where we came from that those also picked right up and flushed with the others without so much as leaving “lipstick” marks on the floor they kissed. Just last month I was still changing out pee pads and cleaning bombs, pies, and cakes (!!!) from the carpet. So if she sometimes has trouble pinching off the last of it in the box (especially because that looks like an uncomfortable position for her arthritis), I can pick up the occasional jumper berry. 🙈🙊.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1:00 am? 💩👍

“Are you gassy or did you poop? Well, it ain’t stinky enough for me to start your next meal early. We can wait.”

I say this to the cat sitting on my chest. 😻

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
4:30 am? 💩👍

I caught her doing her booty duty on the bed. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹 Better than doing it on my chest. Or not doing it.

“I’m still not feeding you early.”

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Baby scale arrived.

Her first weigh-in: 4.6 lbs. So little!

But the surgeon said she weighed 3.5 on last check-up. I didn't even know she could weigh that little. I stopped weighing her when she dropped below 6 lbs. That was upsetting enough. She was a chonk at 11 lbs two or three years ago when all her teeth and IBD stuff started up. I was happy when she was back up to 8 or 9 lbs when I got her IBD and pancreatitis under control the first time. 3.5 though?! That's literally half the cat she used to be. But I never put too much stock in that number because I never saw that number on a receipt or on the scale. I believe the last number I saw on a receipt was her outtake the day before her surgery. I think that was 2.3 kg or 5 lbs.

Anyway, I validated the scale by weighing a couple of dumbbells. I'm satisfied with the accuracy. We'll get another weight next Wednesday and see if she's actually gaining weight. Wouldn't that be something fantastic to add to her remission?! 😻

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2 pm? 💩👍

I don't actually know when it was left. I popped out to my dentist at noon and came back at 2:30 pm. It hadn't yet run out of stink. But it was the perfectly polite aroma that says, "whenever you get a chance." I unpacked the groceries before a grab and flush with toilet paper. Loving her remission poops! So easy!

I found the outtake receipt from the hospital before her surgery. Her last vet recorded weight (that I have) is 2.36 kg or 5.2 lbs. Let's see what next week's reading says. If anything like last time, it's a slow creep. I wouldn't expect anything more than 4.8 or maybe 4.9 next week. So if she is gaining, maybe we get back to that 5.2 by the middle of next month. 🤞🙏

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1am? 💩👍

She started her feed me song and dance around 1:15am. Her overnight meal is 2am. By the time I rallied enough to get up and feed her, this polite poop had spent its stink. “Go feed the cat. I’ll still be here when you’re done.”

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And a 7 or 7:30 am? 💩👍

I am guessing the time based on the span of time since the last one and that it had spent its stink by the time I scooped and flushed it.

I retired one litter box last weekend. We have a chemo dose tomorrow. But assuming that's unexciting, I think I'll retire another litterbox next week. We'll be down to 4 then. 4 litter boxes for one cat. 🤷‍♂️ One is within her original litterbox enclosure (a big cabinet type thing, not a tiny hood.) One is within her post-surgery pen. I could pack that up. But I kinda like leaving it out. She likes crossing through it and using the litterbox inside it. Then there's one in the bathroom hall next to the first enclosure, one outside the pen in the office (the one I want to retire next week now that I don't need to have a hot standby ready for her blowouts she's not having anymore), and one in the front room. The one in the front room will likely be the next to get retired after the standby in the office. She spends more time in the office than in the front room anyway. She comes to the front room to eat and then retires to the office for her post-meal naps and food comas. But to be perfectly honest, since her poops are polite and under control now, I don't really mind the litterboxes anymore. They don't smell and they're a snap to clean. And anyway, who am I entertaining at home, who do I have to impress in these pandemic days?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 pm? 💩👍

This is beautifully boring and predictable. I went for a run over lunch and came back to a perfectly polite poop that had spent its stink. 😻

Chemo day tomorrow. I will likely only need to document her weekend business. Now that good poops are the norm, I don't think I need to document every one of them anymore.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure glad we only have to do chemo every two weeks right now. I don't think she cares for the anchovy flavoring anymore. Or maybe the larger dose enhances the undesirable qualities of the medicine that even the flavoring and salmon oil cannot cover up. She only got about halfway through her nickel-sized medicine meal even with salmon oil mixed in. So I folded the remainder into her breakfast. By second breakfast, the plate was clean. There was some crumbs around the plate. I can hope that she got more of her dose than she spit out. That is why it's an oil suspension rather than a simple liquid medicine. Oil is harder to spit out.

Although the appetite and the poops remain healthy with the tapered pred dose, I believe she's getting less arthritis relief. That's not something I want to treat with steroids though. It was a wonderful side benefit. But I'd rather she be off the steroids altogether. Then I can try to treat the arthritis with CBD oil. But as long as she's taking the pred, the CBD has the potential to increase her dose or make it last longer. So I can't try the CBD until she's off the pred. Or if we further taper the pred to every other day dosing, I could conceivably give CBD in the in-between days. Let's give it at least another week at this pred level and see how her weight is trending on Wednesday.

Arthritis or not, she still enjoys a belly ride at least once a day it seems. And she still enjoys taking laps across my chest when she wants me to feed her. She even gives me the business end sometimes on the belly ride. Clearly she still wants some gentle attention and loving. That's a good sign. If she was truly in pain, she wouldn't want me touching anywhere near her backside. Although I've never seen her this skinny, I've definitely seen her worse overall than she's doing today.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I'm going to purchase a cutout of her to put in the stands at Dodger Stadium this year. (Fun fact: I grew up in LA. The Dodgers remain a hometown team to me even though LA is no longer my home.)

One of us should get to attend baseball games this year. 😹

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This will likely be her cutout photo.
BD89C31E-7E7A-49C9-92BA-38CD1E55119F.jpeg
The recommendation is for a sitting, not lying photo. And a high resolution shot. While I have some more adorable photos of her (is that even possible?), they are usually taken in selfie mode. The resolution is lower.

I may try to reproduce this one this weekend with a tighter focus. After all, she’s wearing the right colors. 😻
295CF318-6039-41A8-989F-1B6EF193EA29.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! She's so adorable! And wearing her harness and leash on her activity center!!!
It's good that you got her scale. Yeah, that is a shockingly light weight, but she looks good in her pix (and isn't the SE's camera nice? I've read so many lauditory articles about our phones Aren't we brilliant for making the right choice? ;) ) Onward and upward (on the scale, that is!) and I must admit I'm not a sports fan but I have been to a couple of Dodger games and had a lot of fun. I'm an Angelena born and bred, too. None of the Three are -- Tarifa's from the San Gabriel area, Baby Su is from the Mojave, and Elvis is from Whittier. But they're all L.A. County-ites, it's true.

Wishing you both a good evening and nice polite poops right on time! :flail:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I was concerned about the chemo medicine, the compounding ingredients, or the salmon oil needed to get her to take the medicine affecting her poop quality or schedule, I’m just not seeing any difference. Still pooping the perfect polite poops. No loss of form. Nothing stinkier. I’m going to retire the backup litter box in the office this weekend.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I was concerned about the chemo medicine, the compounding ingredients, or the salmon oil needed to get her to take the medicine affecting her poop quality or schedule, I’m just not seeing any difference. Still pooping the perfect polite poops. No loss of form. Nothing stinkier. I’m going to retire the backup litter box in the office this weekend.
It just keeps getting better, doesn't it?! Now for some weight, Krista girl!:hearthrob::kneading::hearthrob::yess::goldstar::cheerleader:

Status
Not open for further replies.