Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
4:30 pm: 💩👍

So maybe not a perfect schedule. But pretty close.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1am: 💩🧐

It was a fine baby carrot. But where's the rest? There should have been at least one more baby carrot. I guess we're having a remainder sometime before breakfast.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometime around 7am: 💩👍

Ah, there’s the remainder. At least by smell. If I get up to burgle it, then she’ll expect me to feed her an hour too early. This is the true advantage of her polite poops. They don’t smell so bad that I can’t just set an alarm and go back to sleep. Or at least try to. She was dancing and singing this morning. I am also starting to think she poops before meals to try to speed up my schedule. Because I sat in bed for nearly an hour at 1am making sure I didn’t plate her meal before 2am if I wanted a chance at holding her off to 5am for first breakfast.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometime before one of the breakfasts, Krista climbed onto my chest for a belly ride. She probably anticipated me saying something like, "20 more minutes" because just as I open my eyes and I'm about to say something, she extended a paw over my lips like, "hush! just let it happen." 😹 Then she lost her balance and fell off of me. 🤣

This morning she climbed into my lap from the ground. 😻 I think I still have most of the skin on my leg.

She's doing really well for a furry skeleton. I keep thinking if there was something really wrong with her, she wouldn't be acting so loving, spunky, and perky. I think we'll go into the vet for a re-check next week. I wanted to give us both some daylight between vet visits and also give the pred taper a chance. But I can't get too stubborn here either.

And then there’s this:
B950ECBE-CF69-4BF0-9DEA-94A19A4187FC.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometime before one of the breakfasts, Krista climbed onto my chest for a belly ride. She probably anticipated me saying something like, "20 more minutes" because just as I open my eyes and I'm about to say something, she extended a paw over my lips like, "hush! just let it happen." 😹 Then she lost her balance and fell off of me. 🤣

This morning she climbed into my lap from the ground. 😻 I think I still have most of the skin on my leg.

She's doing really well for a furry skeleton. I keep thinking if there was something really wrong with her, she wouldn't be acting so loving, spunky, and perky. I think we'll go into the vet for a re-check next week. I wanted to give us both some daylight between vet visits and also give the pred taper a chance. But I can't get too stubborn here either.

And then there’s this:
View attachment 344701
Looks like you've got some excellent suPURRvisory assistance!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I gave in and bought Krista a baby scale. I can't ignore her weight any longer no matter how much it upsets me. And this should stress her out a lot less than the her-plus-me method on the bathroom scale. Especially because the bathroom scale can have such a wide range between two consecutive readings as FeebysOwner FeebysOwner can attest to.

This is the one I went with. I should have it on Wednesday.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QHK99CC/?tag=thecatsite

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I gave in and bought Krista a baby scale. I can't ignore her weight any longer no matter how much it upsets me. And this should stress her out a lot less than the her-plus-me method on the bathroom scale. Especially because the bathroom scale can have such a wide range between two consecutive readings as FeebysOwner FeebysOwner can attest to. This is the one I went with. I should have it on Wednesday.
The one I got was a baby/pet scale that can be converted to an adult human scale by taking the table off of it. I tried to use it with the table, but between Feeby refusing to stay still on it and the fact that I would get different readings depending on where she sat/stood on the table, I gave up. Hope the one you got is better than mine!!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The one I got was a baby/pet scale that can be converted to an adult human scale by taking the table off of it. I tried to use it with the table, but between Feeby refusing to stay still on it and the fact that I would get different readings depending on where she sat/stood on the table, I gave up. Hope the one you got is better than mine!!
I like that it’s one piece so there isn’t a table or platform for her to off-balance the reading. It looks very similar to the same kind I’ve seen in vet offices. Krista is pretty good at “squish the cat.” (There’s a YouTube video from a Vancouver vet about squishing the cat. I’ll try to find it later.) If I gently squish her into a laying position, she’ll usually sit still long enough for a pred wet willy in the ear or a B12 shot into the scruff. I figure we can try it on the floor first. But if she’s too squirrelly, I’ll try it on the desk where she’s less likely to take a walk.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I gave in and bought Krista a baby scale. I can't ignore her weight any longer no matter how much it upsets me. And this should stress her out a lot less than the her-plus-me method on the bathroom scale. Especially because the bathroom scale can have such a wide range between two consecutive readings as FeebysOwner FeebysOwner can attest to.

It looks like a great choice! And with squishing, it should be a great success. Let us know when you do use it! I predict Krista will like it. Especially if she gets a treat every time she is weighed. ;)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
daftcat75 daftcat75 Not sure if beef or turkey varieties might be of interest to you -- brand new treats from one of my favorite people/businesses:
Hauspanther Freeze-dried Raw Treats & Meal Toppers for Cats
Now that her pooping has settled down, I'm hesitant to upset anything.

I would like to retry turkey with her. But I may wait until we've seen the vet. I don't want things to explode on us before then.

How are the texture of these? Remember she's toothless. If these aren't soft, she'll give up pretty quickly.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now that her pooping has settled down, I'm hesitant to upset anything.

I would like to retry turkey with her. But I may wait until we've seen the vet. I don't want things to explode on us before then.

How are the texture of these? Remember she's toothless. If these aren't soft, she'll give up pretty quickly.
We don't have them. I just received the email about them today as it's a brand new product. You might want to email Kate at Hauspanther and ask her, though -- she's very friendly and helpful and she cares a LOT about cats.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need to validate turkey (the protein, not the country, dang autocorrect!) with Krista again before I try turkey hearts with her.

I like the lamb tripe treats with her. She likes them. They’re the right texture for a toothless cat.

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I don't have one yet but I learned just a few months ago from the brand Arçelik there is such a thing... They have a bluetooth-connected scale that automatically sends the result to your phone, to their app. If Krista has a habit of sitting on scales on her own like my Hima, that could be very useful. (The scale in my house is right next to the door. She sits there and waits for me when I'm outside the room and the door is closed. But she leaves as soon as I come in so I can't be quick to check the reading.)

Status
Not open for further replies.