Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But so far, so good!
Hard to tell right now. From second breakfast to lunch is her longest stretch between meals. A full four hours. Although from first dinner to second dinner is also 4 hours. So I don't know why morning she has a harder time of it. In any case, she's waddling around, weakly crying for food. Another 15 minutes or so and I can get her started on lunch. As for the waddling, I wonder how a reduction in pred might affect arthritis relief she may have been getting. I want to give her a chance to get used to the tapered dose. Then because her pred dose is lower, I'd like to ask the vet about adding CBD to help with any reduction in arthritis relief. Perhaps we can eventually stop the pred and swap it for CBD. I sometimes wonder if her arthritis and lack of fat padding makes it difficult for her to get restful sleep.

And the landscapers have started their racket.... 🀬

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In other news, she made another messy jump into my lap. I do hope she keeps trying and gets better at this rather than getting sick of bumping her head on the desk. 😿

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me, too. Tar waddles a bit and I'm pretty sure it's either arthritis or bursitis or just stiffness from sleeping, as she does sleep quite a lot. But she gets to where she's going. She came out into the breakfast room again this morning and had her own plate of chicken before moving back to her office on the weight bench for part of Elvis'.
We have gardeners just about every day of the week! including ours, who come on Mondays. I guess we're all used to all the noises they make by now. And they're so much better than the occasional jackhammers we get on the block when the city decides to upgrade the sidewalks or some homeowner idiot decides they need to wreck the peace by putting in new pavers or something.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3:30 pm: πŸ’©πŸ‘

We fell 1/2 oz short on afternoon snack. I opened a 5.5 oz burner can of plain rabbit pate. So this we're trying some food variety here. Sort of. Today's 3 pm meal was 2 parts rabbit pate to 1 part rabbit and pumpkin pate compared to her 50/50 mix lately. The GA and typical analysis of the two are actually very similar. I don't think there's very much pumpkin in the pumpkin one at all. I'm giving it more for texture and flavor variety than for the pumpkin itself. If this sits well with her, she can have her afternoon snack meal padded with plain rabbit everyday. We're falling short now that I'm not tapering her portion sizes.

Let's see how bonkers she gets in the next two hours now that her pred dose is lower. I may not see an immediate difference today. But I hope she'll eventually go back to sleeping her days away in her trees.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3:30 pm: πŸ’©πŸ‘

We fell 1/2 oz short on afternoon snack. I opened a 5.5 oz burner can of plain rabbit pate. So this we're trying some food variety here. Sort of. Today's 3 pm meal was 2 parts rabbit pate to 1 part rabbit and pumpkin pate compared to her 50/50 mix lately. The GA and typical analysis of the two are actually very similar. I don't think there's very much pumpkin in the pumpkin one at all. I'm giving it more for texture and flavor variety than for the pumpkin itself. If this sits well with her, she can have her afternoon snack meal padded with plain rabbit everyday. We're falling short now that I'm not tapering her portion sizes.

Let's see how bonkers she gets in the next two hours now that her pred dose is lower. I may not see an immediate difference today. But I hope she'll eventually go back to sleeping her days away in her trees.
Yes, sleeping in the trees is a wonderful sight to see! Hoping it pleases...and works.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tarifa isn't doing her midnight yargling any more, but hey, when the cat yells, you gotta attend!!!
I like letting her do laps across me. It’s good physical therapy for her to re-establish muscle strength and balance.

The only good thing about her weight these days is her belly rides and laps she does across me are no longer β€œoof!”-inducing. That said. I’d give her every β€œoof!” I have to get a few lbs back on her.

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
10am: πŸ’©πŸ‘

I'm guessing it was deposited earlier and took awhile for it's polite aroma to waft into the other room.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
B-12 shot before lunch:🀺 πŸ’‰

She made it all the way to lunch without being an "aggro" pest. She did sit sentry for a bit. But she does that anyway whether it's in front of the food dish or just outside the office or really about anywhere. It's amazing how long she can sit sentry. The patience in this one. Except when she's hungry and it's near her meal times. Or when she's hungry and it's still an hour to go. πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
B-12 shot before lunch:🀺 πŸ’‰

She made it all the way to lunch without being an "aggro" pest. She did sit sentry for a bit. But she does that anyway whether it's in front of the food dish or just outside the office or really about anywhere. It's amazing how long she can sit sentry. The patience in this one. Except when she's hungry and it's near her meal times. Or when she's hungry and it's still an hour to go. πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ
She and Tarifa are definitely of the same mindset. ;):crackup::lolup:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
10:30 am: πŸ’©πŸ‘

Maybe the 4am poop came earlier this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.