Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to give her a few days to figure out the stairs to the desk. We just had a messy attempt at an ascent. If she still hasn't figured it out by the end of the week, I'll order another set of Katris. Unfortunately, they aren't sold in single pieces anymore. So I will have to invest in another set if she needs them. She's tough. I'm sure she'll figure this out.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to give her a few days to figure out the stairs to the desk. We just had a messy attempt at an ascent. If she still hasn't figured it out by the end of the week, I'll order another set of Katris. Unfortunately, they aren't sold in single pieces anymore. So I will have to invest in another set if she needs them. She's tough. I'm sure she'll figure this out.
Tough, smart, and very well aware that she has someone in her corner who loves her wholeheartedly and wholesouledly. That makes all the difference.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! She joined me on the counter for afternoon meal prep. We had a messy ascent and even messier descent. But she'll never get steadier if she doesn't try.

I put a little s. boulardii (a smidgen) in her afternoon meal. It's probably too late in the day to influence tonight's poop soup. But it's some place to start from. I'll probably put the same in her overnight meal. These are comfort meals as far as I'm concerned. So it's okay if she objects and doesn't finish them. After how much s. boulardii I had her eating for clostridium last summer, I want her consumption this time to be (mostly) voluntary.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! She joined me on the counter for afternoon meal prep. We had a messy ascent and even messier descent. But she'll never get steadier if she doesn't try.

I put a little s. boulardii (a smidgen) in her afternoon meal. It's probably too late in the day to influence tonight's poop soup. But it's some place to start from. I'll probably put the same in her overnight meal. These are comfort meals as far as I'm concerned. So it's okay if she objects and doesn't finish them. After how much s. boulardii I had her eating for clostridium last summer, I want her consumption this time to be (mostly) voluntary.
Ascent to the counter so soon? Excellent!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And we had a double-ended blowout. 🤮 But most of the 💩💩💩 made it to the boxes. The last bit was a jumper and I didn't have a pee pad under that box. It was the pen backup that I quickly brought into service. I spared the carpet of a bigger mess. We'll both be so relieved to go to the smaller 🦆 dose tomorrow. I hope it's just the antibiotic and not the duck protein as well. She is producing some solids.

She wants dinner. I don't blame her. She just gave back afternoon snack. But I have to keep her on a schedule.

And we had her first jump attempt at my lap. It didn't go so well. 😿 But I still have most of the skin on my legs. 😹

Poor girl. She is walking right now like the room is on a slant.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm impressed with her stubborn determination.

She once again came up to the counter for dinner. It was messy.

But more impressive, she learned a new way down. It's like she figured out she doesn't have the balance to descend the stairs as she usually does so she found a workaround. Smart girl!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rather than descending down the steep stairs that would certainly have her tumbling into that “I” beam at the bottom,
90FF7529-0A5A-4044-B954-307447E7353E.jpeg
She instead started from the tree platform and did a hop down to the middle step and then to the ground. It was still a messy landing. But she didn’t have to take a cardboard chunk to her body.
9A472EAC-41BC-4035-860F-0DE04847992A.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rather than descending down the steep stairs that would certainly have her tumbling into that “I” beam at the bottom,
View attachment 341165
She instead started from the tree platform and did a hop down to the middle step and then to the ground. It was still a messy landing. But she didn’t have to take a cardboard chunk to her body.
View attachment 341166
That looks like a very helpful setup you've made for her. Hopefully as the days go by she will regain more of her balance and strength. I've had some of those messy landings, too, where I still keep most of the skin on my legs. *OUCH!!!*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too much excitement this morning!

💩💩💩🤮

The first poop was perfect. Then the bonuses came including a carpet squirt. And the barf. The pumpkin in the rabbit and pumpkin makes for a more vivid barf. 🤦‍♂️

Everything is cleaned up because Bissell makes fantastic wet vacs.

She got a smaller 🦆biotic dose this morning. She'll get a B-12🤺 later today.

I would like my breakfast now that was still hot and ready to go before she went . 💥🤦‍♂️😿

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too much excitement this morning!

💩💩💩🤮

The first poop was perfect. Then the bonuses came including a carpet squirt. And the barf. The pumpkin in the rabbit and pumpkin makes for a more vivid barf. 🤦‍♂️

Everything is cleaned up because Bissell makes fantastic wet vacs.

She got a smaller 🦆biotic dose this morning. She'll get a B-12🤺 later today.

I would like my breakfast now that was still hot and ready to go before she went . 💥🤦‍♂️😿
Well, that's what nukers are for, yes?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I gave her a B12 poke 🤺 right before lunch. Best I've done in a while. No wet spot. No jumping or yipping. I gave her a smidgen of s. boulardii in her lunch.

Her stomach/gut is rumbling loud enough for me to hear in the other room though. 🙀

I wonder if the duck protein in her compounded antibiotic is an inflammatory protein. I suppose we could try bacon flavor. I don't know what she thinks of bacon and I don't eat the stuff myself. But pig would certainly be a different protein from what she's had before.

Let's see how the next few days go at the reduced dose with a smidgen of s. boulardii once a day. She is also getting another chemo dose on Friday for whatever that's worth.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I gave her a B12 poke 🤺 right before lunch. Best I've done in a while. No wet spot. No jumping or yipping. I gave her a smidgen of s. boulardii in her lunch.

Her stomach/gut is rumbling loud enough for me to hear in the other room though. 🙀

I wonder if the duck protein in her compounded antibiotic is an inflammatory protein. I suppose we could try bacon flavor. I don't know what she thinks of bacon and I don't eat the stuff myself. But pig would certainly be a different protein from what she's had before.

Let's see how the next few days go at the reduced dose with a smidgen of s. boulardii once a day. She is also getting another chemo dose on Friday for whatever that's worth.
I know most western people will disagree, but swine is a very unhealthy substance and I would never feed it to anyone. Just sayin'. Good on the B12!!!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were getting some relief from these bonus poops when I was simply pilling her. Well, there was nothing simple about pilling her. It's not something we could keep up. But it's making me think that the relief was from eliminating the inflammatory agent, the fish flakes in her pred routine. I have been doing her pred transdermally. I'm going to give it a few more days. And if we're still having bonus poops and barfs like before, I'll ask about getting the antibiotic compounded in a different flavor. We can't do chicken or fish. So it would either be bacon or beef. And I'm not sure what she thinks about beef either. She's never showed much interest in red meats when I was trying beef or venison flavors of cat food. The green powder has a bacon flavor in it that she doesn't seem to object to.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were getting some relief from these bonus poops when I was simply pilling her. Well, there was nothing simple about pilling her. It's not something we could keep up. But it's making me think that the relief was from eliminating the inflammatory agent, the fish flakes in her pred routine. I have been doing her pred transdermally. I'm going to give it a few more days. And if we're still having bonus poops and barfs like before, I'll ask about getting the antibiotic compounded in a different flavor. We can't do chicken or fish. So it would either be bacon or beef. And I'm not sure what she thinks about beef either. She's never showed much interest in red meats when I was trying beef or venison flavors of cat food. The green powder has a bacon flavor in it that she doesn't seem to object to.
Lamb?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lamb isn't one of the available flavors. I also don't know that she liked it that much. I think she took a few bites from Ziwi and wasn't impressed. If anything, it was probably the tripe that brought her to the plate. She loves the lamb tripe treats I give her. About the only treats I can give her now that fish flakes are off the menu. They are soft enough for a toothless cat to gum and gnaw on into swallowable bits.

I'm still waiting on today's poop to see where we're at before deciding. But I'm leaning towards trying the bacon flavor instead. I have one pill left. That's four doses. If I can crush those into food and get her off the duck for four days, I could see if it is the duck protein.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And we had a 💩 soup round and a little squirt. Everything has made it to boxes.

So far...

She's being watched. I'm not sure she's done yet.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I called Wedgewood and spoke with one of the pharmacists. I told him that while there is a loose component to it, this does not look like diarrhea because there is also a hefty portion of perfectly formed poop. It looks like inflammation-mediated constipation like we were having with the pred wrapped in fish flakes. They are sending me a new bottle in the bacon flavor at no charge. I will see about switching her back to the pills for the next four days--if she'll eat it crushed in her food. If the reaction goes away, we'll know it's the duck flavor.

I think we're finally done with the bonus rounds and no barfing. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.