Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The bupe was a good call.

She seemed to like the compress. At least for a few minutes.

She’s still too unsteady on her feet. I’m grateful for the pen. I think it’s a perfect size. She’s not right in her food or right in her litterbox. But it’s also small enough that she’s not going to roam around and get into trouble. She seems to like the plastic floor over the fuzzy pad. If I take it out, I don’t have to worry about her pushing it into her food. I have an alarm set for later. I’ll check on her to see about more food, more bupe, and maybe remove the pad.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had set an alarm for midnight. She started rattling her pen at 11:30. So she’s getting about six hours of relief from the bupe. This is consistent with our previous experience when I was having to give it every six hours for her teeth last year. I guess I’m waking at 5:30 tomorrow even without her in the bed. I gave her a meal which she ate very heartily. Then I gave her another dose of bupe. Maybe dose and a half. I wasn’t sure if she wore some or all of the first dose on her chin. So I loaded another half dose for her. That settled her. She relaxed into the cold compress for a few minutes. And I’m sure she’ll sleep well. For a few hours anyway.

I feel guilty sleeping in the other room without her. But I think this is best to ensure she doesn’t get too excited or too active. Each time I leave her, I tell her, “holler if you need me.”

I’m going to get a camera in there tomorrow to sneak a peek from my phone. Or keep an eye on her from the iPad.

I also removed the fuzzy pad. She wasn’t sleeping on it. She was purposely trying to avoid it. I was concerned she would either kick it into her food or use it as a poop pad—-a landing strip for carpet bombs.

Sleep well, little one. Holler if you need me.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I let the programmed lights wake me for the first time in memory. Usually she wakes me before them.

Morning shift:

She 💩ed. It was an amorphous cow pie. But better than constipation. And no bonuses or floor bombs. She had a whole mess of drugs in her over the last two days according to the invoice. I also didn’t have them putting enzymes in her food. So I’m sure this will firm up again. I’m just glad she went. The doctor said she could skip a day or two because of the drugs.

She managed to poke a paw through the neck of her cone. So she was wearing it more like a sash when I came in this morning.

She finished the 3am meal I fixed her. She was restless at 3am last night and I couldn’t bupe her again that soon. So I thought maybe it was hunger. I brought out a smaller portion which she only tasted and left when I went back to sleep. By morning, this was finished. I fixed her a breakfast portion. Cleaned the overnight plate. Came back and she had finished breakfast.

Perfect! Now it’s time for bupe. I’m fairly confident she got this dose and didn’t wear it.

How confident? She let me use the cold compress on her for nearly three minutes. Also she let me pick a pretty big eye booger from the corner of her eye. It looked like maybe dried food since some amount of food is collected in her cone. I was afraid that it might scratch her eye if I didn’t pick it off. This cat trusts me so much. 😻

It was a busy shift. But she seems to be doing well. She trills at me now. She wasn’t doing much trilling yesterday.

Next up: antibiotic at 9am. It’s a quarter pill. I haven’t seen the size of these pills yet. I may try to make a bite out of it with a little food and coconut oil. I know she likes coconut oil as seen in my media. Once the culture comes back and the doctor is certain which antibiotic to use, she’ll call in the compounding formula for a duck flavored oil. But for now, it’s either bribe it in her or pill her. And pilling her is always a wrestling match. At least she’s already in the octagon, my MMA kitty. 😹

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's much more restless this morning. She's pawing at the door. She's singing a sad jailbird song. I'm hoping it's just the conference call I'm on. And when she stops hearing the other voices, she'll calm down. Oh wait! I have headphones. Let's try that.

The 1/4 antibiotic pill came out to the size of half her pred. Tiny, but not insignificant. I smeared it in food and a little bit of coconut oil. Either it went fairly smoothly, with just a little wrestle. Or I will find it in her fur, cone, or enclosure later today. 🤦‍♂️

I like that she's getting feistier. But I want to see her balance get better. I don't know if giving her some supervised roam time would be better or worse for her spirits. At least where she is now, she's relatively inactive and mostly resigned to it. I think if I let her out for a few minutes, she'd feel even worse about being put back in her pen.

I tried to get a peak at her incision earlier but it's in a really tough spot for me to inspect. Next bupe dose, I'll put down the iPad in selfie mode and try to position her over it.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"...I think if I let her out for a few minutes, she'd feel even worse about being put back in her pen." Sounds right to me. Confinement is very difficult, but having done that myself, and come through it, I can say it'll always be a less-than-pleasant memory, but I had to do it and so I did it.
Good about the antibiotic! Hoping it was successful and for continued success. "Feistier" is wonderful!
On another subject, how do you like your SEII? I just got mine and activated it and was amazed at how the process went.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"...I think if I let her out for a few minutes, she'd feel even worse about being put back in her pen." Sounds right to me. Confinement is very difficult, but having done that myself, and come through it, I can say it'll always be a less-than-pleasant memory, but I had to do it and so I did it.
Good about the antibiotic! Hoping it was successful and for continued success. "Feistier" is wonderful!
On another subject, how do you like your SEII? I just got mine and activated it and was amazed at how the process went.
I like my SE. I had been using a 6 for the longest time. I wanted to keep touch ID. I don't like Face ID. I don't have the worst mug out there. But I'm just awkward about it. I don't like selfies. I don't like the small self video window of Facetime or other video conferencing. I like touch ID. Very convenient. I was all ready to get an 8 until the SE was announced. I have gotten used to the whole body click of the home button. I like that it's configurable so I have scaled that back. I also like that it's the same size as the 6. This means the battery pack cases I use with my old phone are interchangeable with the new one. So the old one remains on the charger as a backup iPod or something. Or a placeholder for the currently charging case. And the second case--remember I do everything in pairs--is on the phone. Sometime overnight or in the morning, I swap out the cases. The new phone is never tethered to a charger unless I forgot to swap the cases. Which is starting to happen more often because the SE charge lasts longer than the 6 (hence the charger cases in the first place.) I found some Chinese Mophie knock-off cases on Amazon that have a probably illegal lightning port pass-through whereas the officially licensed products are only allowed to use the lightning male connector and provide an annoying and inferior micro-USB female connection. I, for one, will be very happy when everything is using USB-C. As is always the case with Apple, the newer the device, the fatter the media sizes as hardware and software quality improves. So my upgrade to a 128 GB device is probably negated by 6 MB photos and nearly 10 MB for 6 seconds of video. Besides the performance being snappier, I like that my games, the one or two I allow myself to play that won't tear up my arms and shoulders that I need for work, are saved in memory so multitasking away from them for a quick task, like changing the smart lights, doesn't mean the game has to reload from flash all over again. I'm happy with this purchase. And I bought it outright so I can keep it as long as it takes for Apple to bring back touch ID on their flagship devices.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like my SE. I had been using a 6 for the longest time. I wanted to keep touch ID. I don't like Face ID. I don't have the worst mug out there. But I'm just awkward about it. I don't like selfies. I don't like the small self video window of Facetime or other video conferencing. I like touch ID. Very convenient. I was all ready to get an 8 until the SE was announced. I have gotten used to the whole body click of the home button. I like that it's configurable so I have scaled that back. I also like that it's the same size as the 6. This means the battery pack cases I use with my old phone are interchangeable with the new one. So the old one remains on the charger as a backup iPod or something. Or a placeholder for the currently charging case. And the second case--remember I do everything in pairs--is on the phone. Sometime overnight or in the morning, I swap out the cases. The new phone is never tethered to a charger unless I forgot to swap the cases. Which is starting to happen more often because the SE charge lasts longer than the 6 (hence the charger cases in the first place.) I found some Chinese Moofie knock-off cases on Amazon that have a probably illegal lightning port pass-through whereas the officially licensed products are only allowed to use the lightning male connector and provide an annoying and inferior micro-USB female connection. I, for one, will be very happy when everything is using USB-C. As is always the case with Apple, the newer the device, the fatter the media sizes as hardware and software quality improves. So my upgrade to a 128 GB device is probably negated by 6 MB photos and nearly 10 MB for 6 seconds of video. Besides the performance being snappier, I like that my games, the one or two I allow myself to play that won't tear up my arms and shoulders that I need for work, are saved in memory so multitasking away from them for a quick task, like changing the smart lights, doesn't mean the game has to reload from flash all over again. I'm happy with this purchase. And I bought it outright so I can keep it as long as it takes for Apple to bring back touch ID on their flagship devices.
Nice review, thanks! Yeah, I'm the same way so I'm not going to be using FaceTime or Face ID at all. I didn't ever set up FaceTime on the SE original.
I got the greatest silicone cases from some friends who had a business, for really good price, cat-themed and all of the openings just right. But the friends have disappeared. These cases are from PRC too so maybe I can find some similar for the II.

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to see Krista is doing well! I agree with you about the fiestiness being a good thing. I'm glad you're staying on top of her pain meds. Does she have stitches or surgical glue? It was a little hard to tell from the photos.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to see Krista is doing well! I agree with you about the fiestiness being a good thing. I'm glad you're staying on top of her pain meds. Does she have stitches or surgical glue? It was a little hard to tell from the photos.
I believe they are stitches. Invoice item for "Suture seal bandage". To be honest, I have only seen what you have seen in the pictures. She's not exactly amenable to being laid on her back and her head tipped back. Maybe a fatter Krista would have tolerated the baby cradle position. But in these leaner years, that's somewhere between very uncomfortable to downright painful when she's basically just fur over a very palpable spine and pelvis. I'm hoping that relaxing the chemo to a bi-weekly schedule and removing the offending fish flakes may finally put all this constipation and inflammation to rest and get some weight back on her. When I bupe her next in an hour, I'll see if I can position her over an iPad to get a clearer view.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She 💩 again. This one was more formed than not. Solids in a small amount of soup. We're going in the right direction. Nothing bonus. No bombs. The bupe is constipating and the antibiotic might go the other way. I'm not going to try to fix her poop just yet. Let's see what the next one holds for us since it is improving. Also,her food already has pumpkin in it so let's not get too crazy. I'm just happy she's not having bonus rounds, bombs, or poop barfs. :yess:

Poor girl though. She got really worked up like her bupe was wearing off already. It's tough to know how well she absorbs the oral bupe because I just have to spray and pray with her. I know she doesn't have to swallow it. But she does need to get some across the oral mucosal tissues for absorption. Whatever she does swallow potentially lessens that absorbed amount. She was pawing at the door and started to cry out. I found some old transdermal bupe I still have and decided to give her a half dose from that. I would switch her to the transdermal bupe completely. Except it's expired and I only have a few doses left. So I'm going to reserve it as a backup to the oral. Hopefully in a few days, she won't need the bupe anymore.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She 💩 again. This one was more formed than not. Solids in a small amount of soup. We're going in the right direction. Nothing bonus. No bombs. The bupe is constipating and the antibiotic might go the other way. I'm not going to try to fix her poop just yet. Let's see what the next one holds for us since it is improving. Also,her food already has pumpkin in it so let's not get too crazy. I'm just happy she's not having bonus rounds, bombs, or poop barfs. :yess:

Poor girl though. She got really worked up like her bupe was wearing off already. It's tough to know how well she absorbs the oral bupe because I just have to spray and pray with her. I know she doesn't have to swallow it. But she does need to get some across the oral mucosal tissues for absorption. Whatever she does swallow potentially lessens that absorbed amount. She was pawing at the door and started to cry out. I found some old transdermal bupe I still have and decided to give her a half dose from that. I would switch her to the transdermal bupe completely. Except it's expired and I only have a few doses left. So I'm going to reserve it as a backup to the oral. Hopefully in a few days, she won't need the bupe anymore.
Well, the "poop news" is good! and hoping with you that she won't need the bupe soon. Here's to a calm, peaceful, comfortable and restful night for you both.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I gave her tonight's pred. Transdermal in the ear. I'm going to wait on her scheduled bupe dose because she still looks comfortable. I don't want to overdo it.

She still has half of afternoon snack left on her plate. Unfortunately, I am out of food. So I have to step out and pick up some takeout.

Stay tough, little one. I'll be back soon as I can!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice review, thanks! Yeah, I'm the same way so I'm not going to be using FaceTime or Face ID at all. I didn't ever set up FaceTime on the SE original.
I got the greatest silicone cases from some friends who had a business, for really good price, cat-themed and all of the openings just right. But the friends have disappeared. These cases are from PRC too so maybe I can find some similar for the II.
Not cat themed. But if you want that battery case I use...

Feob Battery Case for iPhone 8/7 /6s/6, 6000mAh Portable Charging Case Extended Battery Pack for iPhone 8/7 /6s/ 6 Rechargeable Charger Case [4.7 inch]-Black Amazon.com: Feob Battery Case for iPhone 8/7 /6s/6, 6000mAh Portable Charging Case Extended Battery Pack for iPhone 8/7 /6s/ 6 Rechargeable Charger Case [4.7 inch]-Black: Electronics

This one is cat themed and so cute!
iPhone 6S Case, KIOMY Cute Funny 3D Cat Design Soft Silicone Protective Case for iPhone 6 6S (Black Cat Ears) Amazon.com: iPhone 6S Case, KIOMY Cute Funny 3D Cat Design Soft Silicone Protective Case for iPhone 6 6S (Black Cat Ears)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.