Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I wait her out long enough, she’ll 💩 just before a meal. We had a 9:30 pm. A good one. 👍

But sometimes it’s not all she wrote.

We had a smaller bonus round after second dinner that made it to a box. I don’t think she’ll have anymore tonight. I think that was it. 🤞 She looks relaxed right now for the last 15 to 20 minutes or so.

Hopefully this means we’re done for the overnight. 🙏

I would like to queue up some vintage baseball All Star Games on YouTube and not have to worry about waking until 5 am. Except she’ll likely pester me in two hours for the feeder that is supposed to open in three hours. 🤦‍♂️

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I wait her out long enough, she’ll 💩 just before a meal. We had a 9:30 pm. A good one. 👍

But sometimes it’s not all she wrote.

We had a smaller bonus round after second dinner that made it to a box. I don’t think she’ll have anymore tonight. I think that was it. 🤞 She looks relaxed right now for the last 15 to 20 minutes or so.

Hopefully this means we’re done for the overnight. 🙏

I would like to queue up some vintage baseball All Star Games on YouTube and not have to worry about waking until 5 am. Except she’ll likely pester me in two hours for the feeder that is supposed to open in three hours. 🤦‍♂️
Yeah, well, when a cat yells, we servants need to MOVE. ;) It's our purpose in life.
Krista looks beautiful on her really nice cabinetry!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, well, when a cat yells, we servants need to MOVE. ;) It's our purpose in life.
Krista looks beautiful on her really nice cabinetry!
I don't give in that easily. Unless I have done the calculus and it would get me more sleep to just give in. Most times it will not because it simply pushes up her next serenade to an earlier hour. So I lay there pretending to ignore her singing (and the laps she does across my chest) until the feeder pops open on its own. I should have never revealed to her that I have the power to advance the timer. 🤦‍♂️ It's still much easier than having to get up and prepare the meal from fridge to plate.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had a busy afternoon and just now getting a chance to report that we had a lunch time 💩💩💩. The first one was perfect! Then she went back for soft-serve. And went back a third time for some chocolate chips. My little sundae maker. 😻 But no nut topping. She did not barf. And nothing on the floors or carpets this time. I decided to trim her Miralax dose just a bit. Something between a dash and a pinch. I like that she's more or less twice a day now. But I'd be happier if she was less than more each time.

She's been a pushy little booger about meals today. She keeps coming onto the desk to insist that it's meal time even if it's only been an hour since her last meal. Then when I finally do begin the meal prep, there she is on the countertop to supurrvise. And finally, when the meal is prepped and I'm ready to serve, she's got some spring in her step when I race her to her eating spot. :yess:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had a busy afternoon and just now getting a chance to report that we had a lunch time 💩💩💩. The first one was perfect! Then she went back for soft-serve. And went back a third time for some chocolate chips. My little sundae maker. 😻 But no nut topping. She did not barf. And nothing on the floors or carpets this time. I decided to trim her Miralax dose just a bit. Something between a dash and a pinch. I like that she's more or less twice a day now. But I'd be happier if she was less than more each time.

She's been a pushy little booger about meals today. She keeps coming onto the desk to insist that it's meal time even if it's only been an hour since her last meal. Then when I finally do begin the meal prep, there she is on the countertop to supurrvise. And finally, when the meal is prepped and I'm ready to serve, she's got some spring in her step when I race her to her eating spot. :yess:
Yeah, on the one hand, it's maybe good to fill her up so she's more comfortable and satisfied, but on the other hand...where's the perfect balance?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She was singing sooo much last night. From 8:30 to 9:30. She also did about a dozen laps across my chest during this time. The only bright side of her weight loss. From midnight until her feeder opened at 12:30. From 2:30 until ?, I don't know. I gave in and popped her 3am feeder. At 4:30, she started singing again. I set an alarm for 4:45 and went back to sleep. I was that tired. She polished that first breakfast plate! I could have re-used it without washing it. Second breakfast plate is looking pretty clean too.

But no poop since lunch time. I'm thinking about trying a twice a day Miralax schedule. But for today, I gave in and put a smidgen of psyllium in second breakfast. I'll reduce the Miralax to a pinch. Another smidgen of psyllium in second dinner. Then starting tomorrow, I'll try a pinch of Miralax in second breakfast and second dinner and skip the psyllium. She doesn't need more bulk. She just needs to be able to pass what she already has.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She was singing sooo much last night. From 8:30 to 9:30. She also did about a dozen laps across my chest during this time. The only bright side of her weight loss. From midnight until her feeder opened at 12:30. From 2:30 until ?, I don't know. I gave in and popped her 3am feeder. At 4:30, she started singing again. I set an alarm for 4:45 and went back to sleep. I was that tired. She polished that first breakfast plate! I could have re-used it without washing it. Second breakfast plate is looking pretty clean too.

But no poop since lunch time. I'm thinking about trying a twice a day Miralax schedule. But for today, I gave in and put a smidgen of psyllium in second breakfast. I'll reduce the Miralax to a pinch. Another smidgen of psyllium in second dinner. Then starting tomorrow, I'll try a pinch of Miralax in second breakfast and second dinner and skip the psyllium. She doesn't need more bulk. She just needs to be able to pass what she already has.
That sounds promising. I hope it is.

Thanks for the link to music. Cello and purrs? YEAH!!!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
💩👍

Finally!

But that's just round 1. I'm sure she's got another round up in her that needs to come out. Though she also looks comfortable and content right now. So maybe it will come out in its own good time.
🤷‍♂️

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Hoping so. In a box. Comfortably.*
Maybe she's back to a twice a day after skipping the late night poop last night. Who knows?

It would be nice if she could talk.

Then again, I'm pretty comfortable with her limited vocabulary.

I think she'd be a lot more annoying if she could actually vocalize: "feed me! feed me! feed me! feed me! gotta poop! feed me! feed me!"

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe she's back to a twice a day after skipping the late night poop last night. Who knows?

It would be nice if she could talk.

Then again, I'm pretty comfortable with her limited vocabulary.

I think she'd be a lot more annoying if she could actually vocalize: "feed me! feed me! feed me! feed me! gotta poop! feed me! feed me!"
Cats, experts say, have about 100 vocalizations. It's US who can't understand THEM. Actually, I find them quite eloquent. ;)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just had a 1am 💩👍 to match her 2 pm earlier. If that ain’t regular...

Now I’m just staying up on bonus watch...

Just had a jumper 💩. That’s why there’s pee pads beneath the boxes.

Then we had a pair of carpet bombs. 💩💩💣🤦‍♂️ Amazingly, the bigger of the two came up without any residue. The smaller one left a smear. I sprayed the poop out of it with the only enzyme cleaner that doesn’t cause her to barf. And then sucked it up with the hand vac. Less than a minute runtime shouldn’t be too much of a quiet hours infraction. I’ll go back over it with the upright in the morning.

I don’t see any hardwood campaigns and no barfing. 👍

Tomorrow is another chemo day. And we’ll try twice a day pinch of Miralax and no psyllium.

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats, experts say, have about 100 vocalizations. It's US who can't understand THEM. Actually, I find them quite eloquent. ;)
I was thinking of a cartoon in the 90’s called Dexter’s Laboratory. It’s about a boy genius who has a secret lab in his bedroom closet. And one of his inventions allows his dog to talk. And he instantly regrets it because he realizes how limited his dog’s vocabulary is: “Hey! I’m a dog! I’m a dog. I’m hungry. Feed me. I hear another dog. Hey! I’m a dog. Are you a dog? I’m hungry.”

I think it’s pretty cool that cats developed a vocalization (meows) just for communicating with humans.

I really appreciate that Krista’s meow is diminutive like the rest of her. She’s incessant and insistent when she’s hungry. But not particularly loud. And she doesn’t meow much outside of mealtimes. Back when I could travel and leave her behind, she had sooo much to tell me when I came back. But now that we see each other all the time, it’s just the meal time alarm.

My favorite Krista vocalization by far is her trill. It’s like her Aloha and Shalom. But mostly also a hey wassup and a how you doin? 😻

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was thinking of a cartoon in the 90’s called Dexter’s Laboratory. It’s about a boy genius who has a secret lab in his bedroom closet. And one of his inventions allows his dog to talk. And he instantly regrets it because he realizes how limited his dog’s vocabulary is: “Hey! I’m a dog! I’m a dog. I’m hungry. Feed me. I hear another dog. Hey! I’m a dog. Are you a dog? I’m hungry.”

I think it’s pretty cool that cats developed a vocalization (meows) just for communicating with humans.

I really appreciate that Krista’s meow is diminutive like the rest of her. She’s incessant and insistent when she’s hungry. But not particularly loud. And she doesn’t meow much outside of mealtimes. Back when I could travel and leave her behind, she had sooo much to tell me when I came back. But now that we see each other all the time, it’s just the meal time alarm.

My favorite Krista vocalization by far is her trill. It’s like her Aloha and Shalom. But mostly also a hey wassup and a how you doin? 😻
Not bad in the poop zones!
Yeah, dogs have 10 different vocalizations, to cats' 100. *I rest my case.* And yeah, cats are clearly highly intelligent. You'd have to be, to decide to come in out of the giant sandpile and expect the often rather dense bipedal ones to know what to do for you. LOTS of training there.

jeannem

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yep! I am still learning 'cat' I agree 'dog' has limited vocabulary. Rascal even saw you go into the kitchen and he wanted to be fed.
Suki now, we can hardly tell if she is eating.
J

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The good news is we finally had a 💩💩 and a 💩. That’s what happens when it comes 8 hours later than expected. No carpet of hardwood campaigns. But it did come with a 🤮🤦‍♂️😿

This helped me decide when to 🤺. She was jumpy this time but we got a good 💉 in her. I did the scruff tent right and no wet spots. She got her 🐠 flake treat.

And her second dinner and overnight feeders are out. I should be done for the night now. 🤞

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The good news is we finally had a 💩💩 and a 💩. That’s what happens when it comes 8 hours later than expected. No carpet of hardwood campaigns. But it did come with a 🤮🤦‍♂️😿

This helped me decide when to 🤺. She was jumpy this time but we got a good 💉 in her. I did the scruff tent right and no wet spots. She got her 🐠 flake treat.

And her second dinner and overnight feeders are out. I should be done for the night now. 🤞
Hoping you both got a good night's sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.