Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, she finally came around to second breakfast.

But where's your poop?!
🐈🔭🧐

It's been over 24 hours again!

I might add the psyllium back in tonight. I thought it was making matters worse but its absence doesn't seem to be helping any either.
"To psyllium...or not to psyllium. THAT is the question."

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had 💩! 👍

Was it enough? Let’s hope so! It was plenty. It was polite.

And we had a round two. I haven’t seen it yet because she’s doing her booty duty in the office. And as long as she’s where I can see her, I don’t have to worry about carpet 💣 s.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope!

We had a round two 💩 in the box. Then another 💩 on the carpet. Then 🤮 half on the carpet and half on the hardwood. And finally, yet another watery 💩 on the kitchen hardwood. I got most of that up with a paper towel but had to dispose of what I had before I could come back for the rest. When I came back, there was no rest. Thoughtful. But gross! 🤢

If you were keeping score, there were two hardwood and two carpet sites to clean up. Once everything was cleaned up, I gave her yet another B-12 shot (since it's possible I messed up Monday's shot and put it in a muscle instead.) This one went as well as yesterday which is to say, it was a good one! Then I told her, "you better not be doing all this just for this fish flake reward after the shot." I won't poke her tomorrow if this goes sideways again.

Determined to get her pooping more easily and determined to try the Miralax again, I employed a double cross. I mixed 1/8 tsp of the Miralax in with a half pump of the salmon oil. That will get her to eat it. 🤤 I may still put a smidgen of psyllium in second dinner.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How does she respond to plain yogurt?
I don't know. I'm a little hesitant to try it with her gut issues. Besides, I've read that cancer loves carbs. Even though plain yogurt is lower in carbs, it still has milk sugars to feed the lymphoma.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...and cats are lactose intolerant, anyway. But I hope it's a one (or should I say, five???) and done and that psyllium helps going forward. Poor Krista. Poor you.

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know. I'm a little hesitant to try it with her gut issues. Besides, I've read that cancer loves carbs. Even though plain yogurt is lower in carbs, it still has milk sugars to feed the lymphoma.
It also has good bacteria - prebiotics, protein and calcium though. I’m not sure how much difference treat amount would do but... well I’m Turkish our solution for everything is to try plain yogurt.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It also has good bacteria - prebiotics, protein and calcium though. I’m not sure how much difference treat amount would do but... well I’m Turkish our solution for everything is to try plain yogurt.
The real west Asian yoghurt is a lot better than the domestic/European types, IMHO. Not necessarily easy to get in the US, though.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was a chemo morning. How the times have changed! I used to dread chemo days because I thought those were causing her disasters. They still might be. But sometimes they are also a reset day.

We had a good 💩 before lunch. I waited her out. She seemed like she was done as she went back up to her media bench to wait me out. So out came lunch. I put a little Miralax and salmon oil in lunch for her.

Then we had another 💩 after lunch.

But no barfs or carpet campaigns. 👍

The Spark stuff came just in time for her afternoon snack. I let her sniff it and sniff, sniff, sniff she did. So I took a small amount of the green powder (reminds me of a superfood powder which it pretty much is) and mixed it with a small amount of food. She tore into it. In fact, she showed up on the counter for the first time today to inspect the portion I was making her. She didn't even show up on the counter for her chemo dose. She's usually all over me for that because it's anchovy flavored. In fact, this morning she didn't even finish her chemo portion which is just enough food for 0.1 ml of the medicine to rest on. So I added a splash of salmon oil to it and she made it disappear.

So anyway, I plated her afternoon snack with the tiny amount of Spark in it and I'm looking at a clean plate in the camera. 😻 I guess she likes it. So now we wait to see if her gut and butt approve. 🤞

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was a chemo morning. How the times have changed! I used to dread chemo days because I thought those were causing her disasters. They still might be. But sometimes they are also a reset day.

We had a good 💩 before lunch. I waited her out. She seemed like she was done as she went back up to her media bench to wait me out. So out came lunch. I put a little Miralax and salmon oil in lunch for her.

Then we had another 💩 after lunch.

But no barfs or carpet campaigns. 👍

The Spark stuff came just in time for her afternoon snack. I let her sniff it and sniff, sniff, sniff she did. So I took a small amount of the green powder (reminds me of a superfood powder which it pretty much is) and mixed it with a small amount of food. She tore into it. In fact, she showed up on the counter for the first time today to inspect the portion I was making her. She didn't even show up on the counter for her chemo dose. She's usually all over me for that because it's anchovy flavored. In fact, this morning she didn't even finish her chemo portion which is just enough food for 0.1 ml of the medicine to rest on. So I added a splash of salmon oil to it and she made it disappear.

So anyway, I plated her afternoon snack with the tiny amount of Spark in it and I'm looking at a clean plate in the camera. 😻 I guess she likes it. So now we wait to see if her gut and butt approve. 🤞
*YEAH!* *Prayers and best wishes/thoughts for continued success and smooth sailing!* :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if I’m making too much of her disasters. Maybe they aren’t the cancer at all. But just a side effect of the chemo. I put “lymphoma and constipation” into Google and it came back with “side effects of chemotherapy.”

I mean sure constipation is no picnic either. But maybe we don’t have to be so aggressive with the meds now. I’m not going to change anything without the doctor’s input. But maybe we can taper the pred a little (she’s on a 7.5 mg dose) and move to the two week dosing schedule for the chemo. If the constipation is just the chemo then she should feel a lot better not getting it every three days.

I need to renew her prescription. The chemo degrades with time. It’s not potent enough at the end of this month. So let’s try the two week schedule with the new batch.

In the meantime, I hope we get some heat relief this weekend.
F7FF4C9B-B312-451C-99C8-8C432C762DCF.jpeg

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had an overnight 💩 👍! She left a polite number (buried, nearly no odor, and nothing bonus or on the carpet) in a back box sometime between 1 and 5am.

She also joined me on the counter for breakfast for the first time in days. She’s perky and feeling better today than she has all week. 😻

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had an overnight 💩 👍! She left a polite number (buried, nearly no odor, and nothing bonus or on the carpet) in a back box sometime between 1 and 5am.

She also joined me on the counter for breakfast for the first time in days. She’s perky and feeling better today than she has all week. 😻
Good deal!!! And yes, giving her a little respite can't be bad...hoping for continuing good!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got her ES Clear in the mail today. The reviews, those not on their website, are mixed on this. I've already go so many things going on right now. I think I'll hold off on this for the moment. It can be my next hail mary if things go sideways again.

As of today, she gets digestive enzymes (Optagest) in every meal. No exceptions. In second breakfast and second dinner she gets a smidgen (1/32 tsp) of psyllium and 1/4 capsule of the PB8 probiotics. In lunch, she gets a dash (1/8 tsp) of Miralax and a half pump of salmon oil. In afternoon meal, I'll give her the new Spark powder. First dinner is our prednisilone routine (three half pills, smeared in food and s. boulardii and wrapped in a fish flake, and smeared in food once more to keep it all together.) I'm still so grateful that she pills herself. Her 1 am and 3am meals go into feeders now. I can conceivably sleep from 10 pm to 5 am now. But I'm usually staying up until at least 11 or 11:30 when Korean Baseball comes on. And I grab an extra hour or two of sleep between 6 and 8am between the breakfasts.

I feel much better in the mornings and throughout the day not having to sleep in sprints at night. Though she was a bit of an eager booger singing her feed me song and doing laps across my chest from about midnight until 12:45 last night when I finally gave in and popped her first feeder a few minutes early. Then at 3am last night, I heard the feeder pop and felt her springboard off my chest. She must have been hovering near my head getting ready to warm up her pipes. 😹🤦‍♂️

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got her ES Clear in the mail today. The reviews, those not on their website, are mixed on this. I've already go so many things going on right now. I think I'll hold off on this for the moment. It can be my next hail mary if things go sideways again.

As of today, she gets digestive enzymes (Optagest) in every meal. No exceptions. In second breakfast and second dinner she gets a smidgen (1/32 tsp) of psyllium and 1/4 capsule of the PB8 probiotics. In lunch, she gets a dash (1/8 tsp) of Miralax and a half pump of salmon oil. In afternoon meal, I'll give her the new Spark powder. First dinner is our prednisilone routine (three half pills, smeared in food and s. boulardii and wrapped in a fish flake, and smeared in food once more to keep it all together.) I'm still so grateful that she pills herself. Her 1 am and 3am meals go into feeders now. I can conceivably sleep from 10 pm to 5 am now. But I'm usually staying up until at least 11 or 11:30 when Korean Baseball comes on. And I grab an extra hour or two of sleep between 6 and 8am between the breakfasts.

I feel much better in the mornings and throughout the day not having to sleep in sprints at night. Though she was a bit of an eager booger singing her feed me song and doing laps across my chest from about midnight until 12:45 last night when I finally gave in and popped her first feeder a few minutes early. Then at 3am last night, I heard the feeder pop and felt her springboard off my chest. She must have been hovering near my head getting ready to warm up her pipes. 😹🤦‍♂️
Well, having it on hand is good, anyway, for when or if, right?
That salmon oil is a great idea and obviously Krista agree! Sounds like you've got a good plan there -- for her, her digestion, and you. Sleep deprivation is something I'm pretty used to, but it's not great for anyone, except possibly my roomie who says a couple of hours a night is "enough" (but I know he sleeps during the mornings sometimes, or afternoons, or early evenings!)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wedgewood just made renewing her chemo medicine so easy. Even though it disappeared from her profile on the web site, they still had everything I needed from last time including prior payment information, the vet's fax number, and the vet's shipping address. Since it's temperature sensitive and the delivery services are playing ding-dong-ditch with packages these days due to the pandemic, it's even more important that it ships to the vet's office rather than spoiling on my doorstep.

We broke into a new case of her food this morning. Even though it's all from the same batch date on the bottom of the can, there's slight differences between every case. Last case was a little on the chewy side. This one is smoother. I can see the difference both in prepping it for her as well as picking up much cleaner plates. Hopefully this means more is going into her than into my carpet now.

I gave her her second smidgen of the green stuff (Spark.) I do believe she likes the stuff. When I opened the bag, she went from laying on the kitchen floor to joining me on the counter. Her plate looks awfully clean too. We'll do another couple of days at the smidgen dose before we move up to a pinch (1/16 tsp.) I think the eventual recommended dose for her is 1/4 tsp (which would be two dashes.) But it's better to give her too little to start than too much.

I wonder if we're going to get another poop soon. Her overnight took some pressure off to be sure. But it wasn't nearly enough. Hopefully she'll drop a poop leg before dinner so I don't have to worry about her doing it directly after dinner and bringing up her dinner and pred in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.