Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't even know it was there. I don't usually have rubber bands. But I guess something I bought off ebay this past week (baseball cards), came packed in two cardboard pieces with a rubber band holding them together. If Krista hadn't snagged it right in front of me, I probably wouldn't have noticed it.

She came back into the office and was looking at me for some unknown reason. I fetched the laser pointer and she got ready to flatten even before I turned it on. "Yeah? You want to go?" I got about five seconds of play out of her before her arthritis or what not caught up. That's still five more seconds than most days. I got her to play with the rainbow shoelace the other day. But that didn't last long either. She wants to roll on her back for that. But she's got no fat pad on her back anymore. That's gotta hurt when floor meets spine/pelvis. Heck, even the other night when I was poopervising her and waiting her out before dinner, she showed up behind my chair to play with the shoelace tied to the back. Clearly she's got her moments where she's feeling better than before. Her play drive disappeared for a few months earlier this year. So I'll take however little play she wants to engage in. It's gotta break up the monotony of sleeping, eating, and lying around waiting for the next meal.
Ever and always the mighty hunter!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the 3am feeder didn’t open. But she told me as much. It was much less effort to pop it open for her. But I still woke in a fog.

I didn’t wake at 5. I don’t know why she didn’t wake me. I woke at 6 to the smell of a carpet bomb 💩💣 (and one 💩 in the box), and just in time for the 🤮😿. And she was eating the barf again. But not the poop. That kind of makes sense because that’s a meal she didn’t mean to give back. And she was hungry for breakfast too.

I cleaned the poop with the hand vac and the barf will have to wait til later this morning when it’s not quiet hours. 🤦‍♂️

As long as I had her patiently waiting in the kitchen, I loaded up her B12 shot. This one took a few 🤺🤺🤺 pokes to get one that stuck in. But no wet spots on her neck after. So it was a good 💉👍. And she was happy to have a couple of fish flakes after. I should have given her B12 yesterday. It seems like she doesn’t get five good days between B12 shots.

At least today is a chemo day. Between the chemo and the B12, we should get a few good days before the next excitement. 😿

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the 3am feeder didn’t open. But she told me as much. It was much less effort to pop it open for her. But I still woke in a fog.

I didn’t wake at 5. I don’t know why she didn’t wake me. I woke at 6 to the smell of a carpet bomb 💩💣 (and one 💩 in the box), and just in time for the 🤮😿. And she was eating the barf again. But not the poop. That kind of makes sense because that’s a meal she didn’t mean to give back. And she was hungry for breakfast too.

I cleaned the poop with the hand vac and the barf will have to wait til later this morning when it’s not quiet hours. 🤦‍♂️

As long as I had her patiently waiting in the kitchen, I loaded up her B12 shot. This one took a few 🤺🤺🤺 pokes to get one that stuck in. But no wet spots on her neck after. So it was a good 💉👍. And she was happy to have a couple of fish flakes after. I should have given her B12 yesterday. It seems like she doesn’t get five good days between B12 shots.

At least today is a chemo day. Between the chemo and the B12, we should get a few good days before the next excitement. 😿
Poor Krista and poor you! Very considerate of you, though, not to be noisy during quiet hours -- WISH my idiot neighbors would be half as thougtful!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...there's no way to get more calories and nutrients into her that she can keep in her system long enough to absorb?
It's not an input problem. She needs to poop more than once a day if we're going to avoid these output issues.

Though I am I trying to restore her old 42-45 gram portions for the breakfasts and dinners since the lunch/snack and midnight/overnight will eventually come from feeders again.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Krista and poor you! Very considerate of you, though, not to be noisy during quiet hours -- WISH my idiot neighbors would be half as thougtful!
I had to run the hand vac for the carpet bomb. I wasn't going to do that by hand or leave it for a respectable hour. But the barf, now that's it dry and she's looking a little off after only half of second breakfast, I'll let her sleep in her tree, and I can revisit the barf around lunch time. It's behind the chair so it's out of traffic lanes. With the upright, it will come right up. (Is that why it's called an upright? 🤦‍♂️😹 )

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She’s still a little off. 😿
83D6D68D-976B-43EE-B122-D371A697DFB0.jpeg
One site says that cats with intestinal issues may deplete their B12 in five days. Another says a daily injection schedule might be needed in some cases. I’ll split the difference. The next time she has an incident, she’ll get a B12 shot whether it’s her six day scheduled or not.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She’s still a little off. 😿
View attachment 337025
One site says that cats with intestinal issues may deplete their B12 in five days. Another says a daily injection schedule might be needed in some cases. I’ll split the difference. The next time she has an incident, she’ll get a B12 shot whether it’s her six day scheduled or not.
Sounds like an excellent plan! Put the SPRING back in her step!:hearthrob::kneading::hearthrob:;):yess:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she can smell or taste even the smallest amount of Miralax (1/32 tsp) in her food and wants nothing to do with it. 😿 🤦‍♂️ I'm on a call at the moment. This should give her a chance to reconsider. Otherwise, I'll remake her second breakfast without any "poison" in it after the call.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she can smell or taste even the smallest amount of Miralax (1/32 tsp) in her food and wants nothing to do with it. 😿 🤦‍♂️ I'm on a call at the moment. This should give her a chance to reconsider. Otherwise, I'll remake her second breakfast without any "poison" in it after the call.
...and they say cats don't have a lot of tastebuds. Those of us who love our cats suspect differently, don't we?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She ate about half of second breakfast. Then she finally pooped. 💩💩💩💩💩 It's been over 24 hours. She put one in every box and a squiggle on the floor. Plus a barf. 🤮 This is why I was trying not to over-feed her. It doesn't make her poop any more often. It just makes things that much harder on her when she finally does.

So after I finished cleaning up, she got another B12 shot. 💉 This was the best one yet. I think she's been yipping and jumping because I haven't been giving them quite so good. This one? No yips or jumps. Hopefully this one does it for her.

I re-plated 3/4 of 2nd breakfast for her with half a probiotic (the PB8, not the "dirt.") I really wish her KittyBiome kit would ship already!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She ate about half of second breakfast. Then she finally pooped. 💩💩💩💩💩 It's been over 24 hours. She put one in every box and a squiggle on the floor. Plus a barf. 🤮 This is why I was trying not to over-feed her. It doesn't make her poop any more often. It just makes things that much harder on her when she finally does.

So after I finished cleaning up, she got another B12 shot. 💉 This was the best one yet. I think she's been yipping and jumping because I haven't been giving them quite so good. This one? No yips or jumps. Hopefully this one does it for her.

I re-plated 3/4 of 2nd breakfast for her with half a probiotic (the PB8, not the "dirt.") I really wish her KittyBiome kit would ship already!
I'm thinking she doesn't want to disappoint. So she makes sure to hit everything. Because, you know, you love doing cleanup. ;)
Great about the B12!
*YES!*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"I know you made it yourself. But we really need to discuss acceptable birthday gifts."
I'm thinking she doesn't want to disappoint. So she makes sure to hit everything. Because, you know, you love doing cleanup. ;)
Great about the B12!
*YES!*
"Krista, I know you made it yourself, but we have to discuss acceptable birthday (and Father's Day) gifts."

I wonder if I've been sticking her in a muscle 🤺 whenever she yips and jumps. Maybe that's why I didn't get the desired result from yesterday's B-12. Because today, I finally got a good scruff tent to stick her and plunge without any reaction.

Since I had to replace a breakfast, I ran out of afternoon snack for her. She's getting a short snack. (A few grams missing.) But lucky girl, I stopped at the pet food store over lunch, and picked up a new bottle of salmon oil for her. Maybe the extra fat in her diet will grease the chute, and get her pooping a little more often. 🤞 that this doesn't work *too* well. She got a half pump with her snack. That should make up for the few more grams I couldn't give her. I'm thinking she approved of the oil because she's finishing the plate right now. She has been eating half and coming back for the second half later.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"I know you made it yourself. But we really need to discuss acceptable birthday gifts."

"Krista, I know you made it yourself, but we have to discuss acceptable birthday (and Father's Day) gifts."

I wonder if I've been sticking her in a muscle 🤺 whenever she yips and jumps. Maybe that's why I didn't get the desired result from yesterday's B-12. Because today, I finally got a good scruff tent to stick her and plunge without any reaction.

Since I had to replace a breakfast, I ran out of afternoon snack for her. She's getting a short snack. (A few grams missing.) But lucky girl, I stopped at the pet food store over lunch, and picked up a new bottle of salmon oil for her. Maybe the extra fat in her diet will grease the chute, and get her pooping a little more often. 🤞 that this doesn't work *too* well. She got a half pump with her snack. That should make up for the few more grams I couldn't give her. I'm thinking she approved of the oil because she's finishing the plate right now. She has been eating half and coming back for the second half later.
:lol:
Sub-Q, not IV, right? Yeah, it can be difficult when you are treating a cat who's very thin. That happened with our beloved Moti angel sometimes when she had CRF and I was giving her sub-Q. Not often, but it did and I think it bothered me more than it did her, but still.
Salmon oil sounds good. Hope it DOES good.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she might pop this morning. 🤮😿

She’s hugging the bed with no interest in second breakfast. I think I’ll hold off on preparing second breakfast until she says she’s ready.

How else do I know she might pop? I can stroke her paw and she’s not pulling it away. Also her trill is a movement in her belly. But no sound comes out. 😿

Good luck, little one.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she might pop this morning. 🤮😿

She’s hugging the bed with no interest in second breakfast. I think I’ll hold off on preparing second breakfast until she says she’s ready.

How else do I know she might pop? I can stroke her paw and she’s not pulling it away. Also her trill is a movement in her belly. But no sound comes out. 😿

Good luck, little one.
*Hoping for a good "outcome"*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, she finally came around to second breakfast.

But where's your poop?!
🐈🔭🧐

It's been over 24 hours again!

I might add the psyllium back in tonight. I thought it was making matters worse but its absence doesn't seem to be helping any either.

Status
Not open for further replies.