Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
💩💩💩

Of course this is right after she took her pred and ate her first dinner...

She had the good poop. She had a tiny poop. Then she laid down a pale toothpaste swirl. I think that might have been a remainder, a tail hitchhiker. Because I didn’t see her squat for that one.

But so far...🤞

She looks like we may have escaped the 🤮.
030E2019-14A1-41D3-A3ED-F8FF0DC5C79A.jpeg
The TP roll is marking where she bombed. It picked up easy enough which is why I need to mark it. So I know where to clean once I’m sure, once she’s sure, that we’re done here.
🙏🤞

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
💩💩👍

She had a great poop after second breakfast. Then after some tree time, she returned to the box for a little poop.

Nothing loose. No toothpaste squirts. No carpet bombs. No poop pukes.

So trimming the dose worked out well for her. But I'm not sure that's what the vet is going to approve.

I joined a Feline Lymphoma support group on Groups.io. I got a lot of responses saying that I should talk to the vet about moving her to a larger dose once every two weeks. I would love that! Even if she has a rough dosing day and day after, we both would get two weeks in between of easy, carefree days. They (group members) gave me some links to read so I'll do that first. Then I'll talk with the doc before Thursday's dose. In the meantime, I'll monitor her poops like I always do to make sure the trimmed dose didn't harm our progress.

She bounced back quicker. She has been on the countertop supurrvising meal preps. She's also been riding my belly when I'm taking too long to wake up to feed her. I'm not sure the logic there. "I'm going to sit on you until you feed me." "Uh...I don't know that I can feed you with you sitting on me."

She's also got a bit of a spring in her step. The path from the kitchen to her feeding spot in the front room passes through a narrow point between her Katris and the living room litter box. I call this the Strait of Yobooty. As in, "Move your booty so I can get past you and put your food down." This morning, the Strait of Yobooty has not been quite as slow a bottleneck as it usually is. 👍😻

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
💩💩👍

She had a great poop after second breakfast. Then after some tree time, she returned to the box for a little poop.

Nothing loose. No toothpaste squirts. No carpet bombs. No poop pukes.

So trimming the dose worked out well for her. But I'm not sure that's what the vet is going to approve.

I joined a Feline Lymphoma support group on Groups.io. I got a lot of responses saying that I should talk to the vet about moving her to a larger dose once every two weeks. I would love that! Even if she has a rough dosing day and day after, we both would get two weeks in between of easy, carefree days. They (group members) gave me some links to read so I'll do that first. Then I'll talk with the doc before Thursday's dose. In the meantime, I'll monitor her poops like I always do to make sure the trimmed dose didn't harm our progress.

She bounced back quicker. She has been on the countertop supurrvising meal preps. She's also been riding my belly when I'm taking too long to wake up to feed her. I'm not sure the logic there. "I'm going to sit on you until you feed me." "Uh...I don't know that I can feed you with you sitting on me."

She's also got a bit of a spring in her step. The path from the kitchen to her feeding spot in the front room passes through a narrow point between her Katris and the living room litter box. I call this the Strait of Yobooty. As in, "Move your booty so I can get past you and put your food down." This morning, the Strait of Yobooty has not been quite as slow a bottleneck as it usually is. 👍😻
*ROFLMOTO* :crackup:
Well, we must remember that CAT logic bears little, if any, resemblance to what HUMANS like to call "logic" and that cats are, after all, superior beings.
As for the Strait of Yobooty, that is not the ONLY one, it seems. We have one here. Except it's not just "yo booty". It's the entire big, blue/cream, rolling, smiling, in-the-way-of-all-progress, from-one-side-of-the-doorway-to-the-other, lummox cat.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
💩💩😲🤞

I think she’ll make it. But she’s kind of clinging to the bed right now.

She may also be a little gassy.
🙏😿

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shoot! She had a day-after the day-after disaster.
💩💩🤮🤮😿🤦🏼‍♂️

I guess I’ll be talking to her vet tomorrow to look into the two week protocol.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shoot! She had a day-after the day-after disaster.
💩💩🤮🤮😿🤦🏼‍♂️

I guess I’ll be talking to her vet tomorrow to look into the two week protocol.
(Revisiting last night so I have a record of the trimmed dose experiment and its results besides a string of emojis.)

She had her day-after disaster a day late. Good poop. Then a mushy poop--another jumper. Half in the box, half out. That's what the pee pads under the boxes are for. Thank you for your service! No carpet bombs. But she barfed in the Strait! 🤦‍♂️ Another pee pad went down so we're not walking through that wet spot. Then she had one more barf near her plate. A wispy watery cough. Probably just because she was hungry and I was being too slow cleaning up the messes. If there's a bright side to this, it all happened right before dinner. No need for a burner can and no medicine lost.

I am putting the half smidgen of psyllium back in her food. It seemed so negligible when I removed it on dosing-day-plus-one. But maybe even the little bit helps push things through in a timely manner.

The owner/founder doc I speak with isn't in today so I have to dose her tomorrow before I get to speak with him. I won't trim her dose tomorrow. She already got the extra day between doses. Let's not off-road her treatment too much. I tried something and it only kinda helped. Now I report back to the doc tomorrow before I make her experiments permanent. I'll ask about getting her on the two week dosing period. I have to weigh her today so the doc has an accurate weight for the dosing charts. I'm not looking forward to that number.

Disasters aside, she's been a little spunk nugget showing up on the counter for more than just medicine meals and riding my belly just about any time she thinks I'm sleeping too late. I don't need to set alarms for the midnight meal or first breakfast. She reminds me of her schedule. 😹😻

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(Revisiting last night so I have a record of the trimmed dose experiment and its results besides a string of emojis.)

She had her day-after disaster a day late. Good poop. Then a mushy poop--another jumper. Half in the box, half out. That's what the pee pads under the boxes are for. Thank you for your service! No carpet bombs. But she barfed in the Strait! 🤦‍♂️ Another pee pad went down so we're not walking through that wet spot. Then she had one more barf near her plate. A wispy watery cough. Probably just because she was hungry and I was being too slow cleaning up the messes. If there's a bright side to this, it all happened right before dinner. No need for a burner can and no medicine lost.

I am putting the half smidgen of psyllium back in her food. It seemed so negligible when I removed it on dosing-day-plus-one. But maybe even the little bit helps push things through in a timely manner.

The owner/founder doc I speak with isn't in today so I have to dose her tomorrow before I get to speak with him. I won't trim her dose tomorrow. She already got the extra day between doses. Let's not off-road her treatment too much. I tried something and it only kinda helped. Now I report back to the doc tomorrow before I make her experiments permanent. I'll ask about getting her on the two week dosing period. I have to weigh her today so the doc has an accurate weight for the dosing charts. I'm not looking forward to that number.

Disasters aside, she's been a little spunk nugget showing up on the counter for more than just medicine meals and riding my belly just about any time she thinks I'm sleeping too late. I don't need to set alarms for the midnight meal or first breakfast. She reminds me of her schedule. 😹😻
Sometimes "less is more" and that may be the case with the psyllium. Whatever -- hey, if it works, don't fix it (or stop it), right?
Hoping you'll be pleasantly surprised at the weigh-in.
Tarifa is like that. She's solidly on the mat when I get up, ready to yell and harangue for her breakfast. After she finishes, she's in the doorway of the office, ready to yell if I don't get in there in a timely manner (and it's never "timely" for Tar). Elvis will come in, jump heavily on the bed and cruise to the night table and then into the window/sill, just letting me know that there are FAR more important things to be doing than sleeping at 5. Or 6. Or whenever. Baby Su is pretty good, but she will dance and prance up by my head, in her usual spot. Hey, who sleeps more than two hours at a time anyway?:clapcat:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish she would poop more often than once a day considering the amount she eats and the size of her stools. That was the reasoning behind adding psyllium in the first place. But here we are. It's coming up on 24 hours and where's the poop? 🐈🧐

I hope she's not setting up for another disaster. 🤞

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish she would poop more often than once a day considering the amount she eats and the size of her stools. That was the reasoning behind adding psyllium in the first place. But here we are. It's coming up on 24 hours and where's the poop? 🐈🧐

I hope she's not setting up for another disaster. 🤞
Let's hope not!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh 💩💩💩 and a🤮😿

She even left a carpet squiggle. 🤦‍♂️

Here I thought these disasters were reactions to her medicine. But now I’m not so sure. I’ll get a callback from the doc tomorrow night and we’ll discuss whether we need to go tighten up the treatment and go to every third day or if we can try the two week protocol.

Status
Not open for further replies.