Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well shoot! She had a great poop at 11:30am. I gave her some time to see if she was going to have bonus. She seemed good so I served lunch at noon. She pulls up after half a portion and goes to the box for round two. Then to the carpet for a drag and a near carpet bomb. I caught her trying to sneak one out from a low crouch, tail up position. "I know your tells! You're not fooling me." I shooed her to a box where she squeezed out the toothpaste squirt that put her over the edge.
🤮
The funny thing is, I had just picked up the pee pad from yesterday's barf and that's exactly where she put today's. 🤦‍♂️

You'd think, "well why did you pick up the pad?" Because she would have just picked a different spot. She knows, up or down, pee pads are for peeing, and carpet is for barfing (and occasionally pooping.) 😿

Anyway, I don't call these dosing day disasters for nothing.

I changed out her lunch plate remainder because, "that's the food I just barfed." I know how she thinks. It's a good thing I kept the burner can from yesterday. Just in case.

Miss Barf Paw is finally resting in her tree. May she get a good afternoon of sleep and wake up with dry paws.

And hopefully her even-odd pattern means the middle-of-the-night poop will be another one-and-done. 🤞
*HOPEFULLY.*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She went 24 hours between poops. 😲

Though she did clean herself out yesterday so maybe it just took time to rebuild the inventory.

However, this morning's seemed a little inadequate. I am trying an ever so slow tapering of the psyllium once more from a pinch (1/16 tsp) to eventually a smidgen (1/32.) But the amount I shook out of the pinch spoon was far too little to have an effect on output yet.

So far, though, she doesn't seem distressed or interested in multiple rounds. Hopefully she'll just have a few normal sized poops today rather than one gut-busting sundae. 🤞

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She went 24 hours between poops. 😲

Though she did clean herself out yesterday so maybe it just took time to rebuild the inventory.

However, this morning's seemed a little inadequate. I am trying an ever so slow tapering of the psyllium once more from a pinch (1/16 tsp) to eventually a smidgen (1/32.) But the amount I shook out of the pinch spoon was far too little to have an effect on output yet.

So far, though, she doesn't seem distressed or interested in multiple rounds. Hopefully she'll just have a few normal sized poops today rather than one gut-busting sundae. 🤞
*...from your keyboard...*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Noon 💩👍

She did look dicey for a moment but ultimately kept it together.

She's moving and eating a little slower today like she may still have another to clear. 😲

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Birthday girl started the morning early early waking me at 4:40 am to tell me that the 4 am feeder didn’t open. Then at 5:30, we started first breakfast which she was very perky for. At 7am, I got up to pee and came back to her sitting in front of a (long ago cleaned) empty plate. Second breakfast isn’t until 8:30. By the time 8:30 rolled around, she’s over it. It’s nearly 10:30 now and she has barely touched second breakfast.

She did sit in the kitchen while I cooked my breakfast.

“Where’s my birthday cake?”
332D160B-1608-440F-BD3F-E55745234CE7.jpeg
She’s sixteen! Old enough to drive. Watch out!

I honestly don’t know how to give her a treat today without risking another blowout. 😿

She had a bonus poop and barf last night. I don’t want her to have to repeat that today.

She’s like Texas weather. If you don’t like what you see, wait a couple hours. And meals are like buses around here. If she misses one, another one is coming soon enough.

I’ll leave her to it. She’ll figure herself out this morning.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Birthday girl started the morning early early waking me at 4:40 am to tell me that the 4 am feeder didn’t open. Then at 5:30, we started first breakfast which she was very perky for. At 7am, I got up to pee and came back to her sitting in front of a (long ago cleaned) empty plate. Second breakfast isn’t until 8:30. By the time 8:30 rolled around, she’s over it. It’s nearly 10:30 now and she has barely touched second breakfast.

She did sit in the kitchen while I cooked my breakfast.

“Where’s my birthday cake?”
View attachment 332069
She’s sixteen! Old enough to drive. Watch out!

I honestly don’t know how to give her a treat today without risking another blowout. 😿

She had a bonus poop and barf last night. I don’t want her to have to repeat that today.

She’s like Texas weather. If you don’t like what you see, wait a couple hours. And meals are like buses around here. If she misses one, another one is coming soon enough.

I’ll leave her to it. She’ll figure herself out this morning.
*AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!* :loveeyes::hearthrob::kneading::hearthrob: Is her birthday today? In that case, Krista, Happy Sweet Sixteenth PURRthday!*and many, many more, in safety, good health, comfort, good care, joy, and LOVE!* :bday::bunnydance::party::party2::party3::banana1:*That last being, of course, a YEOWWW! banana!*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!* :loveeyes::hearthrob::kneading::hearthrob: Is her birthday today? In that case, Krista, Happy Sweet Sixteenth PURRthday!*and many, many more, in safety, good health, comfort, good care, joy, and LOVE!* :bday::bunnydance::party::party2::party3::banana1:*That last being, of course, a YEOWWW! banana!*
Are you sure it's not a poop banana? Which is highly appropriate for my little sundae maker.
:poop:

Yes, today is her birthday. Her sweet sixteen. Of course, with shelter-in-place and social distancing orders, I'm all she gets. Which is okay by her because she hates other cats. Though she loves other people. Whenever Amazon knocks on the door, which they do a lot now that I became a Prime member, she gets up and runs to the door. "You gonna answer that?" I always ask her. She would if she could.

Next year she has to register for Selective Service. But the year after that, she gets to vote! I always assumed she's a "Do Nothing DemoCAT" But she may surprise me and vote RepubliCAT. If that's the case, well, she'll be old enough to leave the nest.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Flashback to last year. She certainly was fluffier last year. Though reading the posts before this, it sounds like we were having poop issues this time last year as well. 😿

Krista's Care

I'm happy to report that after nearly an hour in the filling station this morning (that space between me and the laptop keyboard where she won't budge until she's had her fill of scritches and attention), she finally finished second breakfast. I just plated lunch and she made that disappear pretty quickly. I suppose whatever was eating her earlier, she has turned the tables on it. 👏😼

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Flashback to last year. She certainly was fluffier last year. Though reading the posts before this, it sounds like we were having poop issues this time last year as well. 😿

Krista's Care

I'm happy to report that after nearly an hour in the filling station this morning (that space between me and the laptop keyboard where she won't budge until she's had her fill of scritches and attention), she finally finished second breakfast. I just plated lunch and she made that disappear pretty quickly. I suppose whatever was eating her earlier, she has turned the tables on it. 👏😼
What a GORGEOUS girl with those huge green eyes!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, we did not make it through her birthday without bonus soft serve and poop pukes. 😔

And today isn't looking much better as I gave her an extra fish flake or two last night for her birthday. "You'll probably have a dosing day disaster anyway, so live it up tonight. Happy birthday!"

Still. She was perky enough on the overnight. *pop* *ZOOM!* She flies off the bed when the feeders pop open.
:runningcat:
And this morning, she was up on the counter supurrvising the meal prep and chemo dosing. She must like the anchovy flavor because I put just enough food down for the medicine to ride on top and she returns a clean plate like she cleans no regular food plate. 😻

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, we did not make it through her birthday without bonus soft serve and poop pukes. 😔

And today isn't looking much better as I gave her an extra fish flake or two last night for her birthday. "You'll probably have a dosing day disaster anyway, so live it up tonight. Happy birthday!"

Still. She was perky enough on the overnight. *pop* *ZOOM!* She flies off the bed when the feeders pop open.
:runningcat:
And this morning, she was up on the counter supurrvising the meal prep and chemo dosing. She must like the anchovy flavor because I put just enough food down for the medicine to ride on top and she returns a clean plate like she cleans no regular food plate. 😻
But we love the enthusiasm, don't we? ;) :hearthrob: :kneading: :clap2::lolup: It makes it all worth it!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankfully Krista is a lot less active and more respectful than Tormund. She normally doesn't climb over me or on me unless she sees me awake, usually with phone. Or if the 4am feeder doesn't open. Or if it's anywhere near the 5:30 first "sunrise" (programmed lights that fade up starting at 5:30am) that signifies first breakfast. Usually she starts singing her feed me song. If that doesn't stir me, then she'll do laps across me. Sometimes she'll sit on the pillow next to me. In fewer cases than I would like, she will climb onto me for a belly ride. But most of the night, she either sleeps at the foot of the bed (sprawled out of course and somehow taking up the whole bottom half of a queen bed) or she'll sleep under the bookcase after meals (midnight meal, 2am and 4am feeders, and first breakfast.) I get the bed to myself for a good hour before she comes back up and sleeps at the foot of the bed again.

Oh, I just restarted that video. That's just 4:30 am to 6am. Yeah, Krista can get pretty active in those hours because 4am feeder and 5:30 first breakfast. Thankfully, most mornings I'm able to climb back into bed after I've plated first breakfast and get another couple of hours or so before second breakfast. It is because she's her most perky around first breakfast that makes it easier to forgive the early hour. Especially if she joins me on the counter to supurrvise meal prep. 😻

Status
Not open for further replies.