Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had an 11am poop. I guess that's her "morning" poop that got delayed by the "evening" poop that came much later at 4am this morning.

Second verse. Same as the first. 👍😻

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shoot!

We had a couple of bananas and then a second box trip for a big helping of pudding.

Which of course ended as you would expect it.
🤮

Poop stability was nice while it lasted.
😿

I will call the vet tomorrow and see if my vet or the owner of the practice can call me back to discuss options like increasing chemo frequency. I'd rather play with the chemo dose and frequency than increase the steroids dose. There's fewer risks with the chemo than the steroids. But we do have to be careful not to make her anemic through marrow suppression.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shoot!

We had a couple of bananas and then a second box trip for a big helping of pudding.

Which of course ended as you would expect it.
🤮

Poop stability was nice while it lasted.
😿

I will call the vet tomorrow and see if my vet or the owner of the practice can call me back to discuss options like increasing chemo frequency. I'd rather play with the chemo dose and frequency than increase the steroids dose. There's fewer risks with the chemo than the steroids. But we do have to be careful not to make her anemic through marrow suppression.
Hoping vet or owner is/will be/has been helpful and that increased stability is achieved. POOR Krista and POOR you!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a couple baby carrots this morning. That’s not enough!

But if she doesn’t need or want to poop more, what can I do?

I brought out a litterbox to the front room and I am monitoring her on two cameras while I cook my breakfast.
🤞
C4961F8D-ABE7-447A-9323-0FC942BEA81F.jpeg
Maybe it will take pressure off to reduce inventory and make space for better bananas that she can cook up while we wait for the next time.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a couple baby carrots this morning. That’s not enough!

But if she doesn’t need or want to poop more, what can I do?

I brought out a litterbox to the front room and I am monitoring her on two cameras while I cook my breakfast.
🤞
View attachment 329494
Maybe it will take pressure off to reduce inventory and make space for better bananas that she can cook up while we wait for the next time.
*I SEE THAT ROLL OF PAPER TOWELS THERE!* :lolup:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*I SEE THAT ROLL OF PAPER TOWELS THERE!* :lolup:
I probably use those for cooking more than cleaning. I use them to pat dry shrimp and fish before pan frying as well as sopping up excess oil in the pan. For cleaning, I only use them to wipe down the counter and stove of any grease splatter so Krista doesn't have any lick treats when she's up there (like she's not supposed to be!) For all other cleaning, I'll use a sponge and/or microfiber wash cloths. Paper is precious right now. 🤦‍♂️

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I probably use those for cooking more than cleaning. I use them to pat dry shrimp and fish before pan frying as well as sopping up excess oil in the pan. For cleaning, I only use them to wipe down the counter and stove of any grease splatter so Krista doesn't have any lick treats when she's up there (like she's not supposed to be!) For all other cleaning, I'll use a sponge and/or microfiber wash cloths. Paper is precious right now. 🤦‍♂️
Good on ya! I do, too. I bought a 3-pak of paper towels right after moving here. I still have one roll plus what's on the hanger now. That's almost 13 years ago. :shocked:*And yes, y'all, khajiit has wares if you have coin.*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had another three parter. We had some cocktail weenies. We had a coil that was softer but still more poop than soft serve. Then...oh girl! We nearly had a carpet truffle. I got a box out to her while she was in mid squat. We escaped the pukes. 👍

So overall better. But we’d both prefer the one and done like this morning.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had another three parter. We had some cocktail weenies. We had a coil that was softer but still more poop than soft serve. Then...oh girl! We nearly had a carpet truffle. I got a box out to her while she was in mid squat. We escaped the pukes. 👍

So overall better. But we’d both prefer the one and done like this morning.
You're getting to be quite the Conoisseur of Caca, aren't you? :lolup::crackup:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're getting to be quite the Conoisseur of Caca, aren't you? :lolup::crackup:
It helps me gauge our progress. I'm sorry this thread has pretty much devolved into her poop journal. But it's the most important issue she's facing right now. And humor helps me cope. All things considered, she's doing pretty good considering she pooped liquid only for months. I keep hoping the next chemo dose is the one that fixes all. There's still two poops (at least) left until her next dose. And I don't want to jinx things. But we did have an easier time from last dose than the interval before it. I skipped the B-12 last weekend. So I have to poke her sometime today. 🙀

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I poked her correctly. But she was so damn chill the whole time. Even when some leaked back out onto her fur. She has a helluva poker face! I wish she could just give me a thumbs up. At least when she jumps and runs away, I know it went in her instead of just on her. This time? Nothing. 🤦‍♂️

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At noon, we had a poop rope about the length of a leg.😳 I call that an ultrasound negative. The next time we need an ultrasound, we’ll just make a mold out of one of those. 😹

One and done. 👍 Thank goodness! Because any more poop coming out of that cat might make us both puke. 😆

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At noon, we had a poop rope about the length of a leg.😳 I call that an ultrasound negative. The next time we need an ultrasound, we’ll just make a mold out of one of those. 😹

One and done. 👍 Thank goodness! Because any more poop coming out of that cat might make us both puke. 😆
*ROFLMOTO*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another poop rope. I seriously don’t understand where or how she keeps that much poop in her. She must have a hollow leg. Or two.

🤞 that it’s one and done. Because any bonus is going to come from too high up in her to be any good.
4B4E23FF-4CEB-45C8-9B0E-A44DD494DB47.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.