Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those sound like good Plans "B". It's a shame there isn't something you can wrap or hide her doses in that she likes as much as she does her flakes. Butter. Margarine. Yoghurt. Turkey skin. SOMETHING.
She can eat off just about anything I wrap it in and spit out the pill. But for some reason, probably because the flakes are so much more desirable/flavorful than anything else, she will chew, chew, chew (as much as she can without teeth) and then swallow it all.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had to look that one up as I am not in the alchohol culture at all. Uh-oh! KRISTA!!!
It's a play on words. Hops are a kind of flower used in beer that impart various kinds of flavor profiles depending on the varietal of hops used. IPA's or India Pale Ales use extra hops. Unlike the other kitchen counter which has a Katris path for her to get up there, this counter has no such assistance. That means my skinny, mopey, arthritic, almost 16 year old still has enough strength in her to jump from the ground to the counter. It's a nickname of extreme endearment. I'm more impressed than upset with her. She's a cat who will do cat things. As you can see, I keep that stove clean just for this reason. Not even a trivet for her to lick.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a play on words. Hops are a kind of flower used in beer that impart various kinds of flavor profiles depending on the varietal of hops used. IPA's or India Pale Ales use extra hops. Unlike the other kitchen counter which has a Katris path for her to get up there, this counter has no such assistance. That means my skinny, mopey, arthritic, almost 16 year old still has enough strength in her to jump from the ground to the counter. It's a nickname of extreme endearment. I'm more impressed than upset with her. She's a cat who will do cat things. As you can see, I keep that stove clean just for this reason. Not even a trivet for her to lick.
She's incredibly strong and yes, impressive! :yess: :hearthrob::kneading::hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
“I just pooped a petite banana. Then a scoop of ice cream. And finally some chocolate sauce. If I curl tight enough, maybe I won’t cough up something chunky.”

My little sundae maker. 🤦🏼‍♂️😿
07A51081-A5AB-4F14-9030-246CF37994EF.jpeg
Three separate box trips. Though I had to bring a box out to her for the last one. Thank goodness! It used to be the first was the worst. Not anymore. I am encouraged the first poop segments were really good. I just don’t like that she’s still having bonus stuff. But at least no puking this time. Small victories.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
“I just pooped a petite banana. Then a scoop of ice cream. And finally some chocolate sauce. If I curl tight enough, maybe I won’t cough up something chunky.”

My little sundae maker. 🤦🏼‍♂️😿
View attachment 329086
Three separate box trips. Though I had to bring a box out to her for the last one. Thank goodness! It used to be the first was the worst. Not anymore. I am encouraged the first poop segments were really good. I just don’t like that she’s still having bonus stuff. But at least no puking this time. Small victories.
Quite a rollercoaster she's on with the chemo! Celebrating and applauding the victories, yes? :hearthrob: :kneading::hearthrob::goldstar::goodluck::cheerleader::clap2:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure the enzymes are still good. It used to be that I could see them go to work as soon as I dumped them into the food. Now I'm not so sure they are working. Luckily, these are just pet store enzymes (Optagest) so I don't have to wait on a delivery from Amazon or Vitality Science. I'll put on the haz mat suit and venture out later this afternoon.

Her eating was slowing and I wasn't sure why. I suspect that I got lazy about warming up her food because she was eating it cold from the fridge. I've gone back to warming it up in a baggie before plating it and she's eating more readily again.

She likes to jump onto the dresser in my closet. It's a healthy jump just like forbidden counter. Except I encourage her to make that jump. She must be so confused about what is and is not off-limits.

Krista, none of it is really off-limits. You are a socialized wild animal which is not the same thing as a trainable domesticated animal. You do what you do, and I'll try to keep trouble out of your reach. I keep the stove clean just for you. But I prefer if you're not up there, and I'll scoop you off if I catch you. But if I see you looking at the dresser, I'm going to cheer you on. You can do it!

And she can!
DFB41B46-E298-4B43-99A3-EFD14A2715A7.jpeg
(I have a head lamp with a red light setting so I can get around at night without disruptive white lights. And also to level the playing field with her night vision advantage. 😹)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure the enzymes are still good. It used to be that I could see them go to work as soon as I dumped them into the food. Now I'm not so sure they are working. Luckily, these are just pet store enzymes (Optagest) so I don't have to wait on a delivery from Amazon or Vitality Science. I'll put on the haz mat suit and venture out later this afternoon.

Her eating was slowing and I wasn't sure why. I suspect that I got lazy about warming up her food because she was eating it cold from the fridge. I've gone back to warming it up in a baggie before plating it and she's eating more readily again.

She likes to jump onto the dresser in my closet. It's a healthy jump just like forbidden counter. Except I encourage her to make that jump. She must be so confused about what is and is not off-limits.

Krista, none of it is really off-limits. You are a socialized wild animal which is not the same thing as a trainable domesticated animal. You do what you do, and I'll try to keep trouble out of your reach. I keep the stove clean just for you. But I prefer if you're not up there, and I'll scoop you off if I catch you. But if I see you looking at the dresser, I'm going to cheer you on. You can do it!

And she can!
View attachment 329122
(I have a head lamp with a red light setting so I can get around at night without disruptive white lights. And also to level the playing field with her night vision advantage. 😹)
Wide-eyed girl!
*They don't want us going grocery shopping, even, for 2 weeks, because they think it'll peak during this time, so they want us to go for delivery if we need stuff.*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wide-eyed girl!
*They don't want us going grocery shopping, even, for 2 weeks, because they think it'll peak during this time, so they want us to go for delivery if we need stuff.*
Deliveries are experiencing delays and the last time I checked something like a Safeway delivery or pickup, they had no pickup or delivery windows open. If they want us to rely on deliveries, deliveries need to be more available. On top of that, the stores keeps limiting how much I can buy which makes stocking up for two weeks impossible. I'll wear a mask and keep my distance. I've been going to stores that are practicing good hygiene and customer management as well. I don't like people and crowds much to begin with. This social distancing thing is right in my wheel-house.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Deliveries are experiencing delays and the last time I checked something like a Safeway delivery or pickup, they had no pickup or delivery windows open. If they want us to rely on deliveries, deliveries need to be more available. On top of that, the stores keeps limiting how much I can buy which makes stocking up for two weeks impossible. I'll wear a mask and keep my distance. I've been going to stores that are practicing good hygiene and customer management as well. I don't like people and crowds much to begin with. This social distancing thing is right in my wheel-house.
I know. The delivery problem is real and it's especially real for those who can't get groceries any other way! We've been going in the car, as our store doesn't even do deliveries. But now they're ramping up asking (or more like TELLING) us not to go out for two weeks to get groceries. That's going to be really hard on a lot of people. We'll be okay, we think. I'm not real big on going out either, but this is another level of difficult.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say keeping my cat’s cytotoxic chemo fluids off my floors and walls is a pretty good reason to break quarantine. I do no-one any good if I become immuno-compromised. I'm not trading lives here as much as to say, I'm not exactly safe at home if she cannot properly contain and/or dispose of her toxic fluids.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say keeping my cat’s cytotoxic chemo fluids off my floors and walls is a pretty good reason to break quarantine. I do no-one any good if I become immuno-compromised. I'm not trading lives here as much as to say, I'm not exactly safe at home if she cannot properly contain and/or dispose of her toxic fluids.
*True that.*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another three part poop. We lost a pee pad. (Thank you for your service!) But carpets and walls are no more toxic than they were before. 🤦🏼‍♂️ And no pukes. 👍

She still can’t be left unpoopervised though. The third part would have gone on the carpet had I not proactively put a box in the front room for her. I can’t leave one out there for her. She’ll use it. And then it’s used and the carpet is next. I need one that appears for her on demand only after the first two rounds. 😹

New enzymes secured. They do seem more active than the ones I was using. 🤞 I gave her a post-poop tweener portion to bridge her from booty duty to dinner time. 🙊😻

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another three parter. 💩💩💩 😿😔

Butt...none worse than soft serve. So that’s an improvement.

And no pukes! 👍

She did need to be strictly poopervised. Even round two was looking to be a carpet bomb. I just bring a box out to her now rather than trying to chase her back to poop jail. When she uses that one, I swap it out for another box while I clean it. It’s a good thing I have three boxes available to her at all times. 😿

Monitoring her on the camera. I think she’ll be alright though the open eyes makes me think she’s still a bit unsettled.
0783A525-0A15-4567-A774-D996B3ADB19A.jpeg

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another three parter. 💩💩💩 😿😔

Butt...none worse than soft serve. So that’s an improvement.

And no pukes! 👍

She did need to be strictly poopervised. Even round two was looking to be a carpet bomb. I just bring a box out to her now rather than trying to chase her back to poop jail. When she uses that one, I swap it out for another box while I clean it. It’s a good thing I have three boxes available to her at all times. 😿

Monitoring her on the camera. I think she’ll be alright though the open eyes makes me think she’s still a bit unsettled.
View attachment 329214
Good work, you two! :goldstar: :clap::hearthrob::kneading::hearthrob::goldstar:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where’s the evening poop? 🐈🧐

It took her almost 24 hours (and a chemo dose yesterday morning), but she finally dropped a couple of perfect cigars with no bonus material. Bonus material: good for DVDs. Not so much for the litter box. Or the carpets.

Besides a chemo dose, she got a new bottle of enzymes and I decided to hold back on the milk thistle for the moment. That was more desirable than necessary. Maybe I’ll try to reintroduce it again later. Let’s see if she can put together another healthy poop streak without it.

She’s going to get back to sleep before first breakfast. Me? Probably not. 🤦🏼‍♂️😔 But I’ll sleep between her breakfasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.