Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Office cat in her tree. This makes me so happy! 😻

She was so restless yesterday. I don’t know that she caught more than a very brief nap all day. She kept checking in on me and showing up on the desk. But today, she seems much more relaxed.

Nap well, fur kid. So relieved I have no tiny humans in quarantine with me. 😹

View attachment 328643
Very nice. *Business CATual.*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not ten minutes after I left to get some supplies, she went to the box for a pee and a pudding poop. Then a poop puke on the carpet. I feel so defeated that we seem to have lost what we had. Though we're still better than before. For now anyway.

I may make another batch of her raw this weekend anyway and just try to go easy on the glove turnover. Worst case scenario, I can use plastic baggies for gloves while doing her chemo. It's not messy like her food prep. It's just precaution.

I have two more things I can try. I started warming up her food in a hot water bath before I add the enzymes. It shouldn't be getting hot enough to destroy the enzymes and I add them after the water bath. But I could try feeding her cold food again. The other thing I can try is using the Rawz Rabbit and Pumpkin pate with yeast as the pill carrier. Except I doubt she's going to go for that as readily as the raw or the fish flakes. But it's something different and she may dig that. We can try that tonight. If she doesn't go for it, we go back to fish flakes and make a new batch of raw this weekend. No B's in the new batch. I'll keep it simple and tasty for her. Except.... I'm out of kidneys. I'll have to pick up a couple of fryers with giblets to make this batch.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She wasn't having it with just the rabbit and pumpkin pate. But. Since the rabbit and pumpkin pate is a much smoother food than the rabbit pate alone, it makes it easier to make a bite ball with yeast and a tuna flake covering. She took both halves on the first tries. And yes, I gave a reward flake. So three flakes total tonight. I also poured out the yeast onto her plate and put a small amount of the rabbit-kin (tired of typing out rabbit and pumpkin) on top of that. So she got some extra yeast in her. Finally, I took a quarter ounce (7 g) of the rabbit-kin and mixed it with the 5.5 oz of her rabbit. Let's see if that makes any difference. If it doesn't make matters worse, we can try to stage in some of the rabbit-kin for flavor and texture and slightly less fat. I hate to waste a can of the rabbit-kin just for her pilling. But I do have plenty to spare if that's what it might take to stabilize her again. Let's give this several days and another chemo dose or two. I'd like to get the good grinder off Amazon before I make another batch of raw.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Or...shoot! I always have too many ideas and too much time to wait between poops to test them. I can make the rabbit-kin a guest star meal. Rather than trying to fold it into her regular food making franken-rabbit pate all over again, I could try to slowly transition just a single meal (maybe second breakfast) to eventually be a rabbit and pumpkin meal.

Well, I did what I did with this can and there's no taking that back. And I have to see her poops tomorrow before I try the guest star transition. But let's try that for Saturday if she isn't any worse for it tonight and tomorrow.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She may not be crazy about this Franken-rabbit mix. She did finally finish first dinner though. Let’s see if she eats second dinner so hesitatingly. If so, I’ll abandon this mix and make it like usual.

At least my Maryland case is on its way and should arrive this weekend or next week. No idea if my SF order will be filled or canceled.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something’s not sitting right with her. I reverted back to her old food formula. No rabbit-kin. I dumped the remainder of that mix. Hopefully she’ll feel better later. 9BE03C94-16A4-4BE5-87AD-93969ACD501A.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something’s not sitting right with her. I reverted back to her old food formula. No rabbit-kin. I dumped the remainder of that mix. Hopefully she’ll feel better later. View attachment 328698
It's good that you have several plans to try. And we all know cats are moody at the best of times. Impulsive, even, on their food. I stopped buying one kind of food they used to love because they'd stopped liking it. Some time later, I added it to the lineup again and it's now one of their favorites. Except when it's not.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, hot damn! Morning poop looked and smelled great. Almost like she had a stomach bug that's passed.

Just watching her on the bookcase camera now to see if there's anything bonus coming. For the amount of poop that just came out of her, anything bonus is undoubtedly going to cause poop pukes after.
🙏 🤞

And she’s down. 👍
F2A62BB9-703D-4932-9752-2BDB4FB51EA7.jpeg

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Evening poop was multi-featured. Mostly stinky undercooked pudding though. 😿 But at least there was no bonus or poop pukes.

On the other hand, the new pilling protocol, rabbit-kin In yeast in a fish flake is an easy peasy success.

But...butt...I think she has gas right now. Sitting under my chair making a stink. 🙊 Hopefully she gets used to rabbit-kin. I gave her a small bite or two for after the pill halves.

So I think it’s either the fish flakes, the rabbit-kin, or both that’s causing her soft poops. I have until tomorrow night to rethink what I can do. Maybe a bit more digestive enzymes with first dinner?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Evening poop was multi-featured. Mostly stinky undercooked pudding though. 😿 But at least there was no bonus or poop pukes.

On the other hand, the new pilling protocol, rabbit-kin In yeast in a fish flake is an easy peasy success.

But...butt...I think she has gas right now. Sitting under my chair making a stink. 🙊 Hopefully she gets used to rabbit-kin. I gave her a small bite or two for after the pill halves.

So I think it’s either the fish flakes, the rabbit-kin, or both that’s causing her soft poops. I have until tomorrow night to rethink what I can do. Maybe a bit more digestive enzymes with first dinner?
So difficult to get just the right balance! Hoping for that. Poor Krista girl!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her morning poop is once again, pretty dang good. The length though! 😲 It's like I'm taking a poop cast of her insides. 😹

So I'm thinking it's the rabbit and pumpkin and the fish flakes that destabilize her evening poop. I decided to put a small amount of the rabbit-kin on top of a small amount of yeast on her second breakfast plate next to her regular meal. Not quite ready to mix it in.

For whatever it's worth, tomorrow is another chemo day. Maybe she needs another dose to suppress the reaction that's souping her poop. I don't even know anymore.

My Maryland case of her food is arriving today but the SF order got canceled. Maryland is once again sold out. I called the other SF store and they have a case worth. I don't know how they are doing it. They are literally the only ones in the country with a steady supply.

Rawz finally put a banner on their website saying their supply issues may not be resolved til mid-May. What the fur! :mad: If there was any food I could change her to instead, I would give them the finger and never look back. In the meantime, I'm going to see if I can change over one of her meals to rabbit and pumpkin since I can still get this flavor.

Or the reward flake goes away. She gets a flake for each pred half and maybe a half spoonful of rabbit and pumpkin to get any pill flavor out of her mouth. Her Toothlessness still tries to chew it which is why it often gets spit out. But she chews much less when it's wrapped in a fish flake. My little fur piggie! 🐷🐽🐽

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her morning poop is once again, pretty dang good. The length though! 😲 It's like I'm taking a poop cast of her insides. 😹

So I'm thinking it's the rabbit and pumpkin and the fish flakes that destabilize her evening poop. I decided to put a small amount of the rabbit-kin on top of a small amount of yeast on her second breakfast plate next to her regular meal. Not quite ready to mix it in.

For whatever it's worth, tomorrow is another chemo day. Maybe she needs another dose to suppress the reaction that's souping her poop. I don't even know anymore.

My Maryland case of her food is arriving today but the SF order got canceled. Maryland is once again sold out. I called the other SF store and they have a case worth. I don't know how they are doing it. They are literally the only ones in the country with a steady supply.

Rawz finally put a banner on their website saying their supply issues may not be resolved til mid-May. What the fur! :mad: If there was any food I could change her to instead, I would give them the finger and never look back. In the meantime, I'm going to see if I can change over one of her meals to rabbit and pumpkin since I can still get this flavor.

Or the reward flake goes away. She gets a flake for each pred half and maybe a half spoonful of rabbit and pumpkin to get any pill flavor out of her mouth. Her Toothlessness still tries to chew it which is why it often gets spit out. But she chews much less when it's wrapped in a fish flake. My little fur piggie! 🐷🐽🐽
Sweet girl. *PRAYERS* and the very best thoughts for this situation to improve, digestion-wise and supply-chain-wise, very quickly.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SF errand completed. She has 12 more days of food. Maryland case should be delivered I don’t know when. FedEx being FedEx, it could be today because it’s “out for delivery”. It could be Tuesday. Because that’s what the tracking page still says. Maybe it takes two days to drive across town. Neither would particularly surprise me. 🤦🏼‍♂️😔

We had evening poop. Formed. 👍 Long! 😳 But more soft breadstick than cigar. I feel bad about the volume but I don’t dare taper the psyllium just yet. A little stinkier than her cigars. 🙊 But not as bad as her pudding.🤢

We’re engaged in a fifteen minute staring contest now. I’ll feed her when the lights start to fade in and not a moment sooner. I need a strict schedule as much as she does. She’s still got a few bites from her evening snack (5 pm) if she’s desperately hungry. Mostly I want to make sure nothing bonus is coming. 🤞 Out either end. ✋🐈🤚😆

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maryland case is still out for delivery. I guess it takes longer than I thought for them to drive it across town and deliver it to an access point. They can’t even blame it on the gate this time. 🤷‍♂️

I frequently wake in the middle of the night. My sleep is usually broken into sprints rather than a marathon. So here I am at 3:30am checking my email. And New Jersey sent me an email saying they got their Rawz rabbit pate back in stock in limited quantities. Hell yeah I’ll order a case half asleep. And if it was a mistake or they already ran out again (in the 30 minutes since they sent the email), I’m no worse than I was before I woke up. It feels like concert tickets. Like if I wait for morning, it could be sold out again.

So now that I’ve sleep-shopped for cat food, maybe I pop the 4am feeder a little early for the gassy one 🐈🙊 so I can get back to sleep and she can spend some smelly digesting time under the bookcase like she does after eating. 😹

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was an impressive performance!

We woke before the “sunrise” (the fade-in of the lights for first breakfast) and I thought, why not. As long as she’s eager for breakfast, let’s not waste that since today is a chemo day. Even before I got the medicine and the fish flakes ready, she was already climbing on me. I kept gently pushing her off so that I could finish preparing her dose: a tiny 1/4 (1/8?) tsp of rabbit and pumpkin pate, her anchovy flavored medicine on top of that, and a couple fish flakes on top of that. This time I prepared her breakfast portion before the dose so that I’d be ready to plate it directly after her medicine meal. I swear there must be something in that anchovy-flavored medicine that puts a charge in her appetite. She polished her regular portion before I finished cleaning up the overnight plates. Like some other cat came and ate it. 😹😻

🤞 that it stays down this time. I did slightly underfeed her since she did just eat a half portion 90 minutes prior. But it’s more the morning poop (and the possibility of poop pukes after) that I’m worried about. The last two have been 👍. But this past week has taught me that history is just that. And every 💩 is a mystery until it arrives.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was an impressive performance!

We woke before the “sunrise” (the fade-in of the lights for first breakfast) and I thought, why not. As long as she’s eager for breakfast, let’s not waste that since today is a chemo day. Even before I got the medicine and the fish flakes ready, she was already climbing on me. I kept gently pushing her off so that I could finish preparing her dose: a tiny 1/4 (1/8?) tsp of rabbit and pumpkin pate, her anchovy flavored medicine on top of that, and a couple fish flakes on top of that. This time I prepared her breakfast portion before the dose so that I’d be ready to plate it directly after her medicine meal. I swear there must be something in that anchovy-flavored medicine that puts a charge in her appetite. She polished her regular portion before I finished cleaning up the overnight plates. Like some other cat came and ate it. 😹😻

🤞 that it stays down this time. I did slightly underfeed her since she did just eat a half portion 90 minutes prior. But it’s more the morning poop (and the possibility of poop pukes after) that I’m worried about. The last two have been 👍. But this past week has taught me that history is just that. And every 💩 is a mystery until it arrives.
Keeps life exciting even through lockdown, yes? :flail:Yeah, it's so important to keep as normal a life schedule/routine as possible, the "experts" say. I do anyway, since I work from/at home all the time, and everything else is pretty much normal, as normal as it can be, considering.
Really glad about the NJ food -- hope you do get it! and hope the MD food arrives soon if it hasn't already. Yeah, I know all about the courier software -- mine being UPS and USPS -- but I will say that so far (*Prayers!*) the Petco deliveries have been pretty much on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.