Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:gaah:
We had a good run. I thought she was doing so well. I even think she might have gained a little weight. She doesn't feel quite so feather light when she steps on me. But I'm not weighing her yet. Not while this is still happening....

She had a box blowout. Got the back of the litterbox enclosure. Then I tried to get a box under her before she bombed the carpet. She got in the box but pooped over the edge onto the carpet anyway. Pudding! 🤦‍♂️

And of course, you know what happens with all this irregular poop.

🤮🤮🧨🧬

I'm thinking I had to give her a LOT of tuna flakes and even some mackerel flakes last night to get the pill halves in her. She kept eating the flakes around the pill and spitting out the pill. Tonight was a bit easier. I had a fresh bag of tuna flakes. Rather than trying to build a bite out of old powdered flakes, I got her to take up the pill wrapped in a new bag, whole flake. Maybe tomorrow will be back to cigars. I thought her "morning" poop (that came in the afternoon) looked a touch soft. I went back to a full pinch (1/16 tsp) of psyllium tonight rather than trying to taper down to a smidgen (1/32.) I also only used tuna flakes tonight. And fewer once I figured out the whole flake wrap. But what works tonight may not work tomorrow night. When she had pancreatitis, the rules changed almost every night. What worked one night was a dismal failure the next. I don't want to go back to pudding and puke and not knowing what caused it.

🤞 that this was a just a one-off and that we'll be back to stable again by "morning".
She DID have a good run! And yeah, that's the problem with trying to predict -- you just can't. *Well, you can, but sometimes you might be disappointed.* Hoping for a return to "solidarity"! and no pukies!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She started with a solid poop.

Then her tells gave her away and I scooped her into a box where she had soft-serve. It looked almost solid but not quite. Not quite pudding either.

Then the poop pukes. 🤦🏼‍♂️😿

Finally, I intercepted her carpet bombing to place a box under her and capture the last few chocolate chips.

Probably the worst of this is that I’m rationing her canned so it will last until dinner and she threw up her lunch almost immediately after eating it. 😿

I opened a 3 oz can of rabbit and pumpkin pate. I’m not expecting the pumpkin to fix all. But I figure that’s probably closer to what she’s currently eating than the new batch of raw that she’s showed very little interest in. I gave her a quarter portion and we’ll call it a day on that. Let’s see what tomorrow “morning” poop looks like before we make this a more frequent guest star.

I need to find more gloves before I can make a new batch for her. I have an open box. But if gloves, like TP, like cleaning wipes are going to be a long time before they are on the shelves again, then I want to save the remainder I have for her chemo and any chemo waste.

For whatever it’s worth, tomorrow is a chemo day. Maybe that helps us get back to healthy cigars again. 🤞

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She started with a solid poop.

Then her tells gave her away and I scooped her into a box where she had soft-serve. It looked almost solid but not quite. Not quite pudding either.

Then the poop pukes. 🤦🏼‍♂️😿

Finally, I intercepted her carpet bombing to place a box under her and capture the last few chocolate chips.

Probably the worst of this is that I’m rationing her canned so it will last until dinner and she threw up her lunch almost immediately after eating it. 😿

I opened a 3 oz can of rabbit and pumpkin pate. I’m not expecting the pumpkin to fix all. But I figure that’s probably closer to what she’s currently eating than the new batch of raw that she’s showed very little interest in. I gave her a quarter portion and we’ll call it a day on that. Let’s see what tomorrow “morning” poop looks like before we make this a more frequent guest star.

I need to find more gloves before I can make a new batch for her. I have an open box. But if gloves, like TP, like cleaning wipes are going to be a long time before they are on the shelves again, then I want to save the remainder I have for her chemo and any chemo waste.

For whatever it’s worth, tomorrow is a chemo day. Maybe that helps us get back to healthy cigars again. 🤞
If it comes down to it, you can always wash the gloves on your hands with ye olde soap and water -- hey, if it works for hands, it should also work for gloves, right?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it comes down to it, you can always wash the gloves on your hands with ye olde soap and water -- hey, if it works for hands, it should also work for gloves, right?
I can't wash gloves I use for food prep. Making a batch of her food uses a surprisingly large number of gloves. Anytime I have to touch a surface that's not her food, I change at least that glove but sometimes the other as well. I have gloves enough to get through her chemo. But not gloves enough to make another batch of her food.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her stomach is making noises. That doesn't bode well for tonight's poop. At least she's active and even perky. She's probably still hungry. Hold out another 45 minutes! 🙏

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3 flakes! That’s all we needed tonight. Two for the pred halves and a reward flake. 😎

That must have been our easiest “pilling” yet!

🤞 for a cigar and nothing bonus later tonight.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her new laying space has me nervous that I may step on her or worse. But it’s sweet. My tiny shadow.
She's so cute! Yeah, we have 3 Poang chairs and no footstools. Ours are the stationary chairs, two in medium brown with black leather, and the third is beech with natural. I have a textile "throw" protecting the third chair, and they like to get under it. It's like a tent for them. Camping is exciting!:dancingblackcat::clapcat::bluecat:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She had a long thin poop. A little squishy when I picked it up. Okay, maybe the length made up for the smaller girth.

Nope. Bless her. She did go back to the box instead of the carpet to drop some pudding.

Then she started to go to another box (more???) but quickly jumped out and puked on the carpet. 🤦‍♂️

Hopefully the chemo dose (at 6am) stayed in her stomach long enough to be get absorbed (before she ejected stomach contents at 9am.) 🤞

I get to eat my breakfast cold. And she gets to put her poop butt and barf paws on my papers while she sits next to me on the desk. 🤦‍♂️

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She had a long thin poop. A little squishy when I picked it up. Okay, maybe the length made up for the smaller girth.

Nope. Bless her. She did go back to the box instead of the carpet to drop some pudding.

Then she started to go to another box (more???) but quickly jumped out and puked on the carpet. 🤦‍♂️

Hopefully the chemo dose (at 6am) stayed in her stomach long enough to be get absorbed (before she ejected stomach contents at 9am.) 🤞

I get to eat my breakfast cold. And she gets to put her poop butt and barf paws on my papers while she sits next to me on the desk. 🤦‍♂️
Awww, bless her heart! :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 328557
That is thousands of dollars worth of your vet invoices you’re sitting on. I am going to finish scanning them this afternoon. If you don’t mind... 😹
*AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!* :hearthrob: :kneading::hearthrob::goldstar:I can't imagine a cuter, sweeter, softer or more expensive bookkeeper. :yess:
Krista: "And I'm SO worth it!"

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, she went nearly 24 hours between poops. 😳

But...butt..(there’s a spoof film on YouTube called Cats The Butthole Cut which is a montage of that train wreck Cats movie with buttholes added. 😹. You’re welcome!)

Anyway!

We had solid poop. It was less cigar and more uncooked breadstick folded on itself.

Still. If that’s all there is, we’ll take it. If she’s not going to return to the box in a bit for pudding or worse, if she’s not going to have a poop puke afterwards, then we’ll take the doughy breadstick; a bit stinkier than the cigar. But not wall peeling. 🙊

Last night’s pilling was four or five flakes. We had a false start or two on the first pred half where she thought she could eat the flake and spit out the pill. But I’m trying to keep her on a strict flake diet (preferably 3 a night—one for each half and a reward) because I still don’t know how well she tolerates those. I still suspect those are mildly inflammatory. And the fewer she has, the better it will be for her gut and butt. It’s the corrupt bargain until I can get gloves and make her a new batch of raw.

I’ve also doubled her psyllium back to the old dose of a dash (1/8 tsp) per 5.5 oz of food in an effort to both slow things down and bulk it back up to cigars. I made this change last night. So that should have had at least some influence on this morning. Maybe I made that change yesterday morning. I don’t remember first breakfasts so well. I do them still half asleep (5:30am! 😴). Then we go back to sleep after them until second breakfast (8:30 am)

She looks a touch rough right now and I’m staying awake just a bit longer to make sure she gets back to sleep and we’re really done for this poop shift.

That doesn’t preclude a subsequent softer poop at any later point today though. 😬

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, she went nearly 24 hours between poops. 😳

But...butt..(there’s a spoof film on YouTube called Cats The Butthole Cut which is a montage of that train wreck Cats movie with buttholes added. 😹. You’re welcome!)

Anyway!

We had solid poop. It was less cigar and more uncooked breadstick folded on itself.

Still. If that’s all there is, we’ll take it. If she’s not going to return to the box in a bit for pudding or worse, if she’s not going to have a poop puke afterwards, then we’ll take the doughy breadstick; a bit stinkier than the cigar. But not wall peeling. 🙊

Last night’s pilling was four or five flakes. We had a false start or two on the first pred half where she thought she could eat the flake and spit out the pill. But I’m trying to keep her on a strict flake diet (preferably 3 a night—one for each half and a reward) because I still don’t know how well she tolerates those. I still suspect those are mildly inflammatory. And the fewer she has, the better it will be for her gut and butt. It’s the corrupt bargain until I can get gloves and make her a new batch of raw.

I’ve also doubled her psyllium back to the old dose of a dash (1/8 tsp) per 5.5 oz of food in an effort to both slow things down and bulk it back up to cigars. I made this change last night. So that should have had at least some influence on this morning. Maybe I made that change yesterday morning. I don’t remember first breakfasts so well. I do them still half asleep (5:30am! 😴). Then we go back to sleep after them until second breakfast (8:30 am)

She looks a touch rough right now and I’m staying awake just a bit longer to make sure she gets back to sleep and we’re really done for this poop shift.

That doesn’t preclude a subsequent softer poop at any later point today though. 😬
*Anyway!* :flail::lolup:Here's to success all the way around!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing bonus so far. 👍

She must be feeling alright. She weighs nothing but I can still hear the thump of her little paws when she jumps onto the forbidden counter, the one with the stove top, the one without the Katris path to help her up. So she can still make that jump. 😲 It's a good thing I never got lazy when I thought she was done with that counter. AFAIK she hasn't been up there in weeks.

She's full of surprises! I just prefer the solid, fully formed surprises. 😹

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Office cat in her tree. This makes me so happy! 😻

She was so restless yesterday. I don’t know that she caught more than a very brief nap all day. She kept checking in on me and showing up on the desk. But today, she seems much more relaxed.

Nap well, fur kid. So relieved I have no tiny humans in quarantine with me. 😹

4362CD1A-108B-40F2-97DE-0C6B6E1C6680.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.