Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s been awhile since we’ve had a poop pic. When I say she left a cigar...

It was bigger than the scoop!

She hasn’t shown much interest in her raw lately. I don’t think she likes the B vitamins. Judging from the color, I think I put more in this batch than last. The B’s are a yellow powder inside. This batch is more brown than pink. 😔

That said, look at that poop. I don’t think she really needs the raw anymore. She hasn’t been eating more than a few grams a day anyway.

Ever since the regurg this afternoon, she’s been showing up on the kitchen counter for her canned meal prep like she hadn’t been doing in awhile. For the last several days to a week, I’ve had to coax her up to the counter with fish flakes to get her to take her pred bites.

Tonight, I thought we’d try the pred bites using her canned food instead of her raw. With fish flakes of course. The first bite went easy enough. The second one took a few tries including a fling-the-pill. This is why I insist on her taking her pred on the counter. When she flings it, the furthest it goes is to the floor where I can find it. If I let her take the bites from the floor, no doubt she would fling it under the stove. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Maybe four total bites for two pred halves. Not bad. Then I finished plating her portion, set it down, came back to the kitchen to wash up, and...some other cat must have finished her food while I was washing up. 😆😹👍

Between first and second dinner, she was perky and pushy before it was time. She even sat on my chest for an extended belly ride and a sniff my breath, “what’re you having and where’s my shrimp and beans?” 😻

Maybe she just had to purge a demon earlier. Because she’s been better since than before it. 😆

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a regurgitation this afternoon. No idea what that was about. I suspect she ate too much. She had some leftover from first breakfast and I put down a second plate for lunch. I didn't weigh the first breakfast remainder, but I did put down a smaller lunch portion believing she would eat both plates. In any case, she's right as rain before the carpet is dry from the cleanup. She followed me into the kitchen and positively yelled at me to replace what she tossed up. She even joined me on the kitchen counter to supurrvise and make sure I was doing it right. I gave her a half portion. "Keep that down and I'll give you the other half later." Later came and she kept pestering me for that other half portion. So back to the kitchen. And back to the countertop with her. It makes me wonder whether her usual serving size is a bit too big for her. Maybe that's why she's hugging the floor or the bed afterwards. Let's try a slightly smaller portion for first dinner.

I've been working out of the home office today and she's been adorably checking in on me and pestering me. I think she's hungry again. I'm not quite ready to feed her yet. If I feed her too soon, she pesters me too soon later and it throws off all the feeding times for the rest of the night. "Hold out another 30 minutes, please!"
Tarifa is positively supersonic. She is the loudest cat I've ever heard and if I'm not attending to her needs, no matter the time of day or dark-thirty night, she lets the whole universe know. She also bellows about her "kills". And in the morning after breakfast, she can almost always be found in the hall leading to the office or in the office, bellowing for me to get in there and provide her a lap. With a warm, soft cat blanket on it.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tarifa is positively supersonic. She is the loudest cat I've ever heard and if I'm not attending to her needs, no matter the time of day or dark-thirty night, she lets the whole universe know. She also bellows about her "kills". And in the morning after breakfast, she can almost always be found in the hall leading to the office or in the office, bellowing for me to get in there and provide her a lap. With a warm, soft cat blanket on it.
I put out feeders so she won’t yell at me at night. But come morning, when the lights fade up, she’ll sometimes start with a plaintive mew and increase from there. But overall, she’s really not that loud of a cat compared to others. To be honest, there was a stretch last year of many months where I never heard her meow. She just wasn’t feeling up to it. 😿 So now wherever she does talk, I usually say, “you tell me!” “Noted.” “Is that so? Tell me more!”

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went back through this thread. As best as I can tell on this tiny little screen, it looks like Mar 20 was her last irregular poops (pudding, blowout, carpet bombing, etc). So with this morning’s cigar, it looks like she put down a week’s worth of stable, solid poops.

That’s one week in the books. I’d like to see a month now. I think a month of stable, solid poops (and no more regurgitations), and we could see weight gain.

She certainly seems a bit happier these days. Still not interested in playing yet. But she has shown up on the kitchen counter at meal time (hers or mine 🤦🏼‍♂️😹) several times in the last few days. It’s looking like a return of a pattern that brought us both much joy.

I gave her a B12 shot this morning. She took it like a champ. Or did she just wear it? I think my technique is off. I feel the needle go in her. I push the plunger. I pull it out. And then I release her scruff and find a wet spot. I think it squirts back out when I release her scruff. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Her poops and her disposition tells me she can probably wait a week on the next shot if she ended up wearing more than she retained. 👍

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard her in the box. And for the first time in a long time, I let her do her thing unpoopervised (not watching in person or on camera.).

Another very impressive buried poop cigar. 👍

We have one more feed at midnight where I put out the feeders for the overnight. Then we can finally call it a night.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*This cat DEFINITELY wants a LARGE portion (or better still, a series of small portions!) and it sounds like she's a champion!!!:hearthrob::kneading::hearthrob::goldstar::cheerleader:
She can’t have a LARGE portion. Not only are we trying to avoid the regurgitation. But 5.5 oz has to last her 12 hours. We’re going to need a Chanukah-like miracle this afternoon to get her to first dinner with only a half portion remaining in the fridge. 😳.

I finished a case the other day and I’m working on the last case of her food. 🤦🏼‍♂️😳. The Sac store is sold out again. Local still doesn’t have them. And I’m waiting to see if the Maryland order ships or gets canceled due to lack of inventory. 🤨.

I’m tired of this! I just want her food to be uniformly available again. 😡

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She can’t have a LARGE portion. Not only are we trying to avoid the regurgitation. But 5.5 oz has to last her 12 hours. We’re going to need a Chanukah-like miracle this afternoon to get her to first dinner with only a half portion remaining in the fridge. 😳.

I finished a case the other day and I’m working on the last case of her food. 🤦🏼‍♂️😳. The Sac store is sold out again. Local still doesn’t have them. And I’m waiting to see if the Maryland order ships or gets canceled due to lack of inventory. 🤨.

I’m tired of this! I just want her food to be uniformly available again. 😡
This is the spectre that haunts us all. *PRAYERS* for the supply chain to remain intact. And for us all to have enough funds to PAY for the essentials we all need.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the spectre that haunts us all. *PRAYERS* for the supply chain to remain intact. And for us all to have enough funds to PAY for the essentials we all need.
Her food supply has been broken since before all of this. It seems to be coming back in spurts. I found another online retailer who allegedly has it in stock. I ordered another case. Hopefully one of them can fill my order.

As for finances, I’m still okay. I’m still on payroll of my old job until the end of May. They added a couple of months to my transition period when the scope of the pandemic became apparent. I still have healthcare for another couple of months if the big bad CoV🦠 comes knocking. I’ve also got savings because I have been squirreling away cash since 2016. Lets just say I didn’t have any faith in this “leadership.” And still don’t.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her food supply has been broken since before all of this. It seems to be coming back in spurts. I found another online retailer who allegedly has it in stock. I ordered another case. Hopefully one of them can fill my order.

As for finances, I’m still okay. I’m still on payroll of my old job until the end of May. They added a couple of months to my transition period when the scope of the pandemic became apparent. I still have healthcare for another couple of months if the big bad CoV🦠 comes knocking. I’ve also got savings because I have been squirreling away cash since 2016. Lets just say I didn’t have any faith in this “leadership.” And still don’t.
That all sounds potentially good. *PRAYERS* and hoping it IS good.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her “morning” poop finally came and it wasn’t the overflow disaster I was expecting.

Now do we get another one sometime tonight or is she just absorbing that poop with the next one coming in the morning? 🐈🧐

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And the morning poop is delayed once more. 🧐

In other news, one of my cases of her food has a shipping label. One step closer to ensuring another 12 days of food for her.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:gaah:
We had a good run. I thought she was doing so well. I even think she might have gained a little weight. She doesn't feel quite so feather light when she steps on me. But I'm not weighing her yet. Not while this is still happening....

She had a box blowout. Got the back of the litterbox enclosure. Then I tried to get a box under her before she bombed the carpet. She got in the box but pooped over the edge onto the carpet anyway. Pudding! 🤦‍♂️

And of course, you know what happens with all this irregular poop.

🤮🤮🧨🧬

I'm thinking I had to give her a LOT of tuna flakes and even some mackerel flakes last night to get the pill halves in her. She kept eating the flakes around the pill and spitting out the pill. Tonight was a bit easier. I had a fresh bag of tuna flakes. Rather than trying to build a bite out of old powdered flakes, I got her to take up the pill wrapped in a new bag, whole flake. Maybe tomorrow will be back to cigars. I thought her "morning" poop (that came in the afternoon) looked a touch soft. I went back to a full pinch (1/16 tsp) of psyllium tonight rather than trying to taper down to a smidgen (1/32.) I also only used tuna flakes tonight. And fewer once I figured out the whole flake wrap. But what works tonight may not work tomorrow night. When she had pancreatitis, the rules changed almost every night. What worked one night was a dismal failure the next. I don't want to go back to pudding and puke and not knowing what caused it.

🤞 that this was a just a one-off and that we'll be back to stable again by "morning".

Status
Not open for further replies.