Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fish flakes are definitely the magic to get her to take her pred bites (along with her raw rabbit and s boulardii). Two halves in two bites. Amazing! No spit outs and retries.

And another three perfect poop half cigars. 👍. Fresh litter, fresh poop. 😹

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another dosing day. Went smooth as can be. Krista even joined me in the office for yoga this morning. More like rub her cytotoxic nose and mouth all over my hand in relaxation (shivasana) pose. 😻🧬🧨🤦🏼‍♂️

And she finished the last of this batch of raw. I guess the clock has run out and today is the day to grind and mix a new batch. I made the last batch on Mar 5. So 20 days isn’t bad.

I have one more batch of legs in the freezer after this. Perhaps by the time I’m making that batch, UPS will have sorted out their 💩! (I’m on day three of waiting for a Next Day package that’s in town but the drivers can’t solve the last mile. 🤬). Otherwise I found another market that sells whole rabbits. No price advantage over the other. Except that it’s good to have options.

Krista is ravenous this morning. She finished both breakfasts in one go. Return of “some other cat.” When she was eating Rad Cat and Rawz Turkey two autumns ago, I would plate her food. Wash up. Come out to the other room and she was done already looking at me for more. “I don’t know know what to tell you. Looks like some other cat ate your food.” 😹

🤞
Hoping this will be the turnaround week with no blowouts or accidents and the start of her weight recovery.

Oh! And her morning delivery, 💩👍

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another dosing day. Went smooth as can be. Krista even joined me in the office for yoga this morning. More like rub her cytotoxic nose and mouth all over my hand in relaxation (shivasana) pose. 😻🧬🧨🤦🏼‍♂️

And she finished the last of this batch of raw. I guess the clock has run out and today is the day to grind and mix a new batch. I made the last batch on Mar 5. So 20 days isn’t bad.

I have one more batch of legs in the freezer after this. Perhaps by the time I’m making that batch, UPS will have sorted out their 💩! (I’m on day three of waiting for a Next Day package that’s in town but the drivers can’t solve the last mile. 🤬). Otherwise I found another market that sells whole rabbits. No price advantage over the other. Except that it’s good to have options.

Krista is ravenous this morning. She finished both breakfasts in one go. Return of “some other cat.” When she was eating Rad Cat and Rawz Turkey two autumns ago, I would plate her food. Wash up. Come out to the other room and she was done already looking at me for more. “I don’t know know what to tell you. Looks like some other cat ate your food.” 😹

🤞
Hoping this will be the turnaround week with no blowouts or accidents and the start of her weight recovery.

Oh! And her morning delivery, 💩👍
Welcome "Some Other Cat"!!! :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob: :yess: :goldstar:
Hoping UPS can figure it out. We're lucky to have a really good and friendly regular UPS guy. Just praying Petco has what we need on our auto-delivery coming up real soon.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was delayed until almost midnight last night. But her 💩 was 👍 like she hadn’t been blowing out every time for months. She even buried it. Another 100 like that and maybe I’ll feel like she can be left unpoopervised again. 😹

Made another batch of her food last night. Always nervous about that because I remember the way she used to reject whole batches. So far so good. She had some for dinner last night and another portion for breakfast. 😻.

I’m so over the dancing grinder though. Despite the clamp, it would not stay put. I spent the whole time trying to get it to stay still. It’s not easy manually grinding frozen meat when the grinder keeps moving around. Next paycheck, I’m skipping the Tasin, the entry-level electric grinder made popular by Dr Pierson. I’ll get the Weston that she upgraded to herself.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was delayed until almost midnight last night. But her 💩 was 👍 like she hadn’t been blowing out every time for months. She even buried it. Another 100 like that and maybe I’ll feel like she can be left unpoopervised again. 😹

Made another batch of her food last night. Always nervous about that because I remember the way she used to reject whole batches. So far so good. She had some for dinner last night and another portion for breakfast. 😻.

I’m so over the dancing grinder though. Despite the clamp, it would not stay put. I spent the whole time trying to get it to stay still. It’s not easy manually grinding frozen meat when the grinder keeps moving around. Next paycheck, I’m skipping the Tasin, the entry-level electric grinder made popular by Dr Pierson. I’ll get the Weston that she upgraded to herself.
A good grinder makes all the difference! I remember from when my mom and I would make certain recipes. She had an old, probably iron, hand grinder that she'd bring out for it. It attached to a table like a vice grip and no way would it move.

*For the 100!*;):yess::goldstar::kneading::hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A good grinder makes all the difference! I remember from when my mom and I would make certain recipes. She had an old, probably iron, hand grinder that she'd bring out for it. It attached to a table like a vice grip and no way would it move.

*For the 100!*;):yess::goldstar::kneading::hearthrob:
It has a vice grip and a plastic piece to put under the feet to increase surface tension. But my countertop is granite (or Formica?). It’s a polished smooth surface. Even if it stayed still, I still end up with a lot of the meat turning to mush and not pushing through even with frozen meat. Last night it took about 575 g of meat and organs to get 470 to push through. That meant I threw out 100 g of mush. Or put another way, I can never just put 1 lb in and get 1 lbs out. 🤦🏼‍♂️😔

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
🤮🧬🧨🤦🏼‍♂️😿

She ate her morning raw portion. Then I gave her her canned portion. And it seemed all good. Nothing different from any other morning. Except two hours later she came out from under the bookcase to throw it all up. I suspect it’s the new batch of raw. I probably gave her too much. She hasn’t been eating that much raw in the morning lately anyway. She kinda slowed down on the last batch.

She nibbled a little at the new plate of canned she asked for after cleanup. Went under the bookcase for a few minutes. Came back out and did the crouch and stare at the plate. Then walked off. She’s now sleeping it off at the top of her tree. I’m sure she’ll come down later when she’s hungry again.

I can scale back the raw at dinner time. Honestly I just need her to take two or three bites worth to take her medicine.

We can work a slow “naked” food transition. I call it naked because usually you mix old with new until it’s all new. But there’s no old left. So it will be all new but small amounts like the old was still on the plate. A couple grams at dinner. A couple more at breakfast. If she keeps it down (and it doesn’t blowout the backside), we can try 4 gram portions.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*SO beautiful! It must be hard on her delicate digestive system to have even the smallest difference between what she's eating and something new. But cats are known to regurge -- mine do from time to time, and all of them always have. Sometimes they snork stuff and bring it right back up -- that's ususally the pattern. Eating too fast.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*SO beautiful! It must be hard on her delicate digestive system to have even the smallest difference between what she's eating and something new. But cats are known to regurge -- mine do from time to time, and all of them always have. Sometimes they snork stuff and bring it right back up -- that's ususally the pattern. Eating too fast.
She had a couple of mini servings last night when I made the batch. I thought she was good if she didn’t regurg last night. Maybe I overestimated how much I gave her last night.

I was cooking shrimp for myself. First I opened the package from the store and started weighing out a serving. Well, that was enough time for her to catch the aroma. Before I knew it, she was up on the counter inspecting and trying to help herself. That’s where the dishwasher picture comes in. There was maybe the faintest smear of butter on a not yet washed knife that’s underneath that plate. Otherwise, there was nothing else for her in the sink.

And with that, I assumed her food grudge was over. I gave her a couple of grams of the raw. She usually leaves the counter and waits patiently on the Katris for her canned portion after she’s finished her raw portion on the counter. Not so much this time. She was hungry. So after her raw portion, I plated a canned portion and finally her food grudge from earlier was over. She finished that portion and the portion from earlier that she was avoiding.

Still waiting on her morning poop though.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She had a couple of mini servings last night when I made the batch. I thought she was good if she didn’t regurg last night. Maybe I overestimated how much I gave her last night.

I was cooking shrimp for myself. First I opened the package from the store and started weighing out a serving. Well, that was enough time for her to catch the aroma. Before I knew it, she was up on the counter inspecting and trying to help herself. That’s where the dishwasher picture comes in. There was maybe the faintest smear of butter on a not yet washed knife that’s underneath that plate. Otherwise, there was nothing else for her in the sink.

And with that, I assumed her food grudge was over. I gave her a couple of grams of the raw. She usually leaves the counter and waits patiently on the Katris for her canned portion after she’s finished her raw portion on the counter. Not so much this time. She was hungry. So after her raw portion, I plated a canned portion and finally her food grudge from earlier was over. She finished that portion and the portion from earlier that she was avoiding.

Still waiting on her morning poop though.
Could she have tiny bits of shrimp and/or butter? I'm thinking if she's interested in something and it isn't forbidden/won't upset her, she might really like to have it.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could she have tiny bits of shrimp and/or butter? I'm thinking if she's interested in something and it isn't forbidden/won't upset her, she might really like to have it.
She did sneak a lick of butter before I got her out of there. I don’t know whether shrimp would agree with her now. She has eaten the Tiki Cat with shrimp. But she also showed a clear preference for tuna back then. In any case, it’s probably better for her recovery if she doesn’t have too many triggers or potential triggers. Simplicity! I want everything staying down and moving at the correct velocity through her.

That said, 5 pm 💩 was 👍! Even with the change in raw batches.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And anyway, I still don’t know if the fish flakes are okay with her. But I need those for her medicine. Corrupt bargain? I do see her shake her head now and then. But I don’t see her scratching at that one ear like she used to.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried to feed her when I wanted to feed her rather than when she was hungry. But first, we need to do medicine. It took quite a bit of fish flake temptation just to get her to the counter. She took up the first pred half easy enough. One or two bites. But the second, she wasn’t having it. She was definitely gaming the system eating the flakes and leaving the pill. After several tries and more flakes than I’m comfortable giving her, I finally had to pill her with the second half.

She ate a few more bites of the raw. But she isn’t showing any interest in her canned right now. That’s okay. She ate the pred. She’ll be hungry again at some point.

Pred done. Pooped before dinner. Should be cruise control from here on until morning. 👍😻

As long as the pred plus flakes stay down... 🤞

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her appetite picked up last night and we finished the can just like we do every night. Everything stayed down.

This morning we 💩'ed together. I love how she has no shame. One big, beautiful cigar and a little ball remainder. 👍

Her first breakfast done. We can go back to sleep until second breakfast. So smooth and easy! 😻

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her appetite picked up last night and we finished the can just like we do every night. Everything stayed down.

This morning we 💩'ed together. I love how she has no shame. One big, beautiful cigar and a little ball remainder. 👍

Her first breakfast done. We can go back to sleep until second breakfast. So smooth and easy! 😻
Excellent!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a regurgitation this afternoon. No idea what that was about. I suspect she ate too much. She had some leftover from first breakfast and I put down a second plate for lunch. I didn't weigh the first breakfast remainder, but I did put down a smaller lunch portion believing she would eat both plates. In any case, she's right as rain before the carpet is dry from the cleanup. She followed me into the kitchen and positively yelled at me to replace what she tossed up. She even joined me on the kitchen counter to supurrvise and make sure I was doing it right. I gave her a half portion. "Keep that down and I'll give you the other half later." Later came and she kept pestering me for that other half portion. So back to the kitchen. And back to the countertop with her. It makes me wonder whether her usual serving size is a bit too big for her. Maybe that's why she's hugging the floor or the bed afterwards. Let's try a slightly smaller portion for first dinner.

I've been working out of the home office today and she's been adorably checking in on me and pestering me. I think she's hungry again. I'm not quite ready to feed her yet. If I feed her too soon, she pesters me too soon later and it throws off all the feeding times for the rest of the night. "Hold out another 30 minutes, please!"

Status
Not open for further replies.