Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anything scented is that much more fragrance for a smaller animal. If she barfs (or has a looser stool), it becomes a bigger problem than redirecting her licker.
You can have a very tint scent by mixing it up with a fragrance-free something. Hima is very sensitive to fragrance too but there are things she's OK with when it's not strong.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can have a very tint scent by mixing it up with a fragrance-free something. Hima is very sensitive to fragrance too but there are things she's OK with when it's not strong.
Krista has enough on her plate without challenging her further. I can take up the extra measures to keep myself safe and leave her to the work of healing what she has without giving her more to deal with.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
12:30 poop in pudding. Like it started out solid but finished with forceful flatulence. One box. I was home so cleanup was a snap.

Yes, it does seem like we’re seeing improvement. Poop in pudding is the norm now and multi-box blowouts are rare. I could almost trust her to not need to return home for lunch. But she’s not burying it often enough yet. Or like last night, it’s not always contained to the box.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
12:30 poop in pudding. Like it started out solid but finished with forceful flatulence. One box. I was home so cleanup was a snap.

Yes, it does seem like we’re seeing improvement. Poop in pudding is the norm now and multi-box blowouts are rare. I could almost trust her to not need to return home for lunch. But she’s not burying it often enough yet. Or like last night, it’s not always contained to the box.
What's that old cliche: Practice makes PURRfect? :rolleyes:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do I always call her bum? Murphy’s Pooper. Just when I think we’ve got progress, she squirted out a milkshake and some pale chocolate chips onto the carpet after what looked like almost formed pale pudding poop. 🐈💦💩🤦🏼‍♂️

I picked up her chemo drug today. I was going to put her on a wed/sun schedule starting with Sunday. But now I’m going to start her tomorrow morning. I’m not starting her tonight because I want to give it separate from the steroids. I’ll be home tomorrow waiting on her rabbit legs delivery. I don’t have to dose and dash. I also want to start her on chemo on a day the vet is open in case I have questions or need to run her in. This place isn’t open on Sundays. Next week we can resume with a Sunday-Wed schedule.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We started chemo this morning. I added the medicine right on top of a bite of rabbit to see if the flavoring would be enough. Not interested. I brought out an old standby. Fish flakes! That’s the ticket. The medicine bite and several insurance bites of raw rabbit were cleaned up.

Her 5:30 poop was back to a browner poop fish. I think I found the edge of how much digestive enzymes I should be giving her. I went back to the last “good” amount yesterday after the carpet milk shake.

So if Krista farts on this chemo drug, is that mustard gas? 🙊😹

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We started chemo this morning. I added the medicine right on top of a bite of rabbit to see if the flavoring would be enough. Not interested. I brought out an old standby. Fish flakes! That’s the ticket. The medicine bite and several insurance bites of raw rabbit were cleaned up.

Her 5:30 poop was back to a browner poop fish. I think I found the edge of how much digestive enzymes I should be giving her. I went back to the last “good” amount yesterday after the carpet milk shake.

So if Krista farts on this chemo drug, is that mustard gas? 🙊😹
May you hit just the right formula for success!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista started chemotherapy today. 💉

All her body fluids are cytotoxic: toxic to living cells. 🧬

My cat is a chemical weapon. 🐈🦠

She farts mustard gas! 🙊😹

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’d better appreciate my hair while I have it.

My chemical weapon detonated on the carpet. So much for keeping her fluids bagged and disposed of properly.

She did have a good poop in pudding. But then she had a squirting blowout in the front room. And then clean up was a dripping splashy mess in the front room and the kitchen (emptying the canisters and washing vacs and attachments.)

At least she didn’t barf. The pred stays down.

Rylka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hoping this treatment works for her! On a light note, it feels like you're taking the apocalypse origin research kinda far haha

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Double-ended chemical warfare this morning. 🦠🐈🦠🧬🧨🤦🏼‍♂️

She had a watery poop in the box and a runny kiss on the carpet. Then she blew some of her overnight across two impressively large blast patterns.

5am and quiet hours be damned! That’s cytotoxic barf. I ran the hand vac over all the carpet puddles.

Krista’s appetite is predictably soft this morning. But not absent. I think she’ll come around.

I hope we’re seeing the “extinction burst” where it all gets worse one last time before it gets better. The poop before the blowout last night was promising. 🤞

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hoping and praying for that, soon! Poor Krista and poor you. I have no experience of these things but of course we all know chemo is very, very challenging.
I don’t know that she’s doing any worse on the chemo than before. She was having blowouts before yesterday too.

I have been sprinkling the digestive enzymes on top and just barely covering with food. She’ll mow down the top and come back for the rest—the rest without enzymes—sometime later when the enzymes she ate before may have moved along. I have taken to mixing them in now and I’m not sure if she’s so happy with that. We shall see.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t know that she’s doing any worse on the chemo than before. She was having blowouts before yesterday too.

I have been sprinkling the digestive enzymes on top and just barely covering with food. She’ll mow down the top and come back for the rest—the rest without enzymes—sometime later when the enzymes she ate before may have moved along. I have taken to mixing them in now and I’m not sure if she’s so happy with that. We shall see.
A good idea. Hope she likes.

Status
Not open for further replies.