Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night's pred couldn't have gone any smoother.

Tonight's, after multiple rounds of wrestling, it just wasn't happening. I ultimately crushed the pill and mixed it into her homemade raw rabbit portion. We'll see if she keeps it down like this. I still prefer to pill her so she doesn't have to taste it. But if she'll take it crushed in her homemade portion, then that may be how we do it until we're ready to transition to a transdermal dose.

This may not stay down tonight. 😿
View attachment 319654
*Hoping it did! She is so adorable!* :hearthrob: :loveeyes:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She’s pacing between half eaten dinner and litter box. I don’t know if this will end well tonight.

On the plus side, pilling went better tonight. This is good because she was very hesitant whether she wanted the raw rabbit that much. I also prefer pilling than crushing. She seemed under-medicated much of the day. Eating a little slower. Moving a little slower.

At least her afternoon poop was 👍

Attachments

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She had a good first poop as she typically does in the evening. I came home from the taproom and a 13% bourbon barrel stout taster caught up to me. Headache and a bit of the woozies. So rather than hover and chase Krista into poop jail and worry about her straining and possible poop pukes, I told her, “Just put the worst of it in a box and I’ll be back in a bit. Good luck!”

I went out for a short walk and came back to a soft-serve bomb 🍦and a pretzel 🥨 that nearly defied the Spot Bot’s diameter. Like she was maybe running away from it. Weirdo! Anyway, two Spot Bots later and I was done. No poop pukes! 👍

I gave her a couple of extra bites of food. “You shouldn’t have your own bum as the last taste in your mouth until next meal.”

Tomorrow is our 14th day on pred. I will treat her to an extra small bonus portion of her rabbit raw for breakfast. I can test to see if she’s having better poops in the morning because of the evening raw or in spite of it.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
💩👍🤮😿

She may have been reading this thread last night. I woke up too sleepy to feed the raw. I played her rabbit and pumpkin and rabbit per usual.

Early cat had an early poop. And an early barf a short time after. The poop didn’t seem too off

I decided to do a weak cleanup with soapy water and a sponge. I can come back to that later.

I gave her 10 g of the raw rabbit and 20 g of rabbit pate. So far so good.

Now let’s see if we can nap an hour before next breakfast.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
972E2A75-F9FC-4825-845D-B140D63BA4B9.jpeg
I don’t want to leave her this morning. But I’ll put out a little less food for her probably softer stomach right now. Fill the feeders. And I’ll see her again in the afternoon.

I think this puke may be unrelated to pooping this morning from how “off” she seems right now. I need to go into the office today. Between her second breakfast and her lunch feeders, I’ve held back about a half ounce. Let’s see how she feels when I get home in the afternoon. Maybe a little less food in her during the daytime will be a little less 🍦 in the evening 💩.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 319863
I don’t want to leave her this morning. But I’ll put out a little less food for her probably softer stomach right now. Fill the feeders. And I’ll see her again in the afternoon.

I think this puke may be unrelated to pooping this morning from how “off” she seems right now. I need to go into the office today. Between her second breakfast and her lunch feeders, I’ve held back about a half ounce. Let’s see how she feels when I get home in the afternoon. Maybe a little less food in her during the daytime will be a little less 🍦 in the evening 💩.
Hoping for better for you both! What a beauty :loveeyes: :hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
💩👍

For now. 🤞

She may still have soft serve later.

She’s still a little “off”. But she’s eating (slowly) and pooping and playing (a little with the wand butterfly.) And aside from gaining weight 🐷, not much more I can ask from her.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For how much she loves her rabbit raw, I wish I could afford it as a full time food. I have to look for a more economical source of rabbit legs rather than buying whole fryers.

But as a part time food, totally worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.