Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score: 10.3 oz for 320 calories! And so many poops! But no barfs or blowouts!

She's doing so well, I'm going to run out of her food today. :(

I opened the last 5.5 oz can I have. It may be a few days before I get more 3 oz cans depending on whether anyone in town still has any rabbit stock. She may have to go to 100% rabbit and pumpkin for a few days until my 3 oz cases come in. :( I have a tracking number on those cases, but they have not been dropped off at the post office yet. I do not know whether those cases will come this week or next.

I'm thinking when we switch to all rabbit and pumpkin, I'm going to have to take the serving size down for a few meals to make sure she can handle it. Thankfully the pred will cut through any pickiness.
Hoping you're pleasantly surprised sooner rather than later with new food stocks! Was thinking about this this morning, opening one of our soon-to-be-last tins of Drs. Foster & Smith food -- missing this excellent company and its products, which we have loved for quite a long time, and shocked that it will be a year on 19 Feb. since Petco, which bought them, closed them down. *Spending more and enjoying it less!* :sigh:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Miss Super Pooper, having pooped herself dry yesterday, is now on poop strike this morning. I had to leave for the office--the one that's across town rather than across the apartment. I sure hope she's not a blowout (or a double-ended blowout) waiting to happen.

In other news, I went to the two stores that carry her food. One had a case of 3 oz rabbit cans plus 1 5.5 oz can. I took all of those. The other store now carries the rabbit and pumpkin in the 5.5 oz size. For those keeping score, this is the opposite of what I want. I prefer the 5.5 oz rabbit pate cans because of the firmer texture and the 3 oz rabbit and pumpkin cans because of the smoother texture and also because it is the minority portion right now. Perhaps the 5.5 oz rabbit and pumpkin will be firmer and we can achieve a similiar texture mixing them with the 3 oz rabbits.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hoping you're pleasantly surprised sooner rather than later with new food stocks! Was thinking about this this morning, opening one of our soon-to-be-last tins of Drs. Foster & Smith food -- missing this excellent company and its products, which we have loved for quite a long time, and shocked that it will be a year on 19 Feb. since Petco, which bought them, closed them down. *Spending more and enjoying it less!* :sigh:
Post office has my cases and I have an expected arrival date of Friday.

I picked up a case locally. I count the cans: "18 cans. That should last her about six days." 🤦‍♂️

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Found a case of the 5.5 oz rabbit pate in Maryland. When I bought cases of the rabbit and pumpkin, I ordered from a couple online retailers. One of them is sending me 3 oz cases and the other is sending me a 5.5 oz case. If the batch is good with her, I'll order more. She's so lucky I can keep up with her food costs.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Found a case of the 5.5 oz rabbit pate in Maryland. When I bought cases of the rabbit and pumpkin, I ordered from a couple online retailers. One of them is sending me 3 oz cases and the other is sending me a 5.5 oz case. If the batch is good with her, I'll order more. She's so lucky I can keep up with her food costs.
Such good news! and yes, she is. Everyone who knows me well knows that my cats' food and supplies are GUARANTEED. I eat well, too, and I know my own good health is essential to them; but there is never any question of their being prioritized. It's what you do when you love someone and they are in your care, right? Right! ;)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Double-ended blowout! 🤮💩💩😿🤦‍♂️

At least it was before her pill and not after.

I wish I knew whether this was related to her food, her supplements, or her gut. I can't seem to get her food consistent for more than a week before running into one shortage or another. Her new food can't come soon enough.

Tonight was okay as far as pilling goes. It took a few tries. She really wants to spit it out. But she swallowed it on the fourth or fifth attempt. Or she's getting really good at hiding that pill somewhere. I search myself, the carpet, her, and repeat before I let her out of the home office.

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday: 10.2 oz for 314 calories and a double-ended blowout.

Bless her for putting the second poop and worst of them in a box instead of on the carpet. She left a couple poop kisses that came up easily enough. The barf blast radius was too big for a Spot Bot. Or several Spot Bots. I pulled out the upright for this and it made short work of it in Deep Clean mode leaving a very wet carpet behind.

I also weighed her again this morning because I was hoping to have progress to report after a week of pred. I got consistent numbers this time. Too consistent. They all say she's still 6.6 lbs. Maintaining, but not gaining.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday: 10.2 oz for 314 calories and a double-ended blowout.

Bless her for putting the second poop and worst of them in a box instead of on the carpet. She left a couple poop kisses that came up easily enough. The barf blast radius was too big for a Spot Bot. Or several Spot Bots. I pulled out the upright for this and it made short work of it in Deep Clean mode leaving a very wet carpet behind.

I also weighed her again this morning because I was hoping to have progress to report after a week of pred. I got consistent numbers this time. Too consistent. They all say she's still 6.6 lbs. Maintaining, but not gaining.
Sorry to hear this! Maintaining, though, has to be seen as good, compared to the alternative. *PRAYERS* and best thoughts continually for Krista!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Perfect solid poops. No bonuses from either end. 👍

Either it was finding the 3 oz and switching her back to the winning combination of 5.5 oz plus 3 oz rabbit. And rabbit and pumpkin on demand.

Or it was the proviable we skipped at lunch.

Or it was the smaller rabbit raw portion she got last night as we get to the end of a baggie.

Or it was Thursday...

Who knows!

Her pred was so easy tonight, I’m still searching her and myself for the pill, long after she finished her raw portions and dinner. I just don’t believe she swallowed it that easy and quickly. First try! No struggle. “Open up. Swallow this. You’re done? Okay. We’re done. Here’s your reward.”

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where’s my cat at?

Glad to see she still knows what a box is for. As long as I can’t remember to put them away.
C8D69F69-3901-4026-94FB-8D158EDA6C9C.jpeg

I gave her a spoonful of food while I had my dinner. Distract-a-snack! So that I could eat in peace. And the 9pm meal lights are starting to fade up already.. Not much longer until you’re next meal.
AC40F047-E7DD-4AD5-8417-40DAEAA10C09.jpeg
She does this a lot more since the pred. She’s wired and hungry. I think we’ll both be relieved to taper. When the Dr says she’s ready.

Twylasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Where’s my cat at?

Glad to see she still knows what a box is for. As long as I can’t remember to put them away.
View attachment 319082

I gave her a spoonful of food while I had my dinner. Distract-a-snack! So that I could eat in peace. And the 9pm meal lights are starting to fade up already.. Not much longer until you’re next meal.
View attachment 319083
She does this a lot more since the pred. She’s wired and hungry. I think we’ll both be relieved to taper. When the Dr says she’s ready.
My cat Twyla is tapering her latest pred round for asthma. I am looking forward to not being awakened multiple times a night by a restless, hungry cat!

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Where’s my cat at?

View attachment 319082

View attachment 319083
Oh my goodness shes too adorable in that box!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Twyla is tapering her latest pred round for asthma. I am looking forward to not being awakened multiple times a night by a restless, hungry cat!
I had to add an extra midnight (and noon) meal for her. But between midnight and 5am, she has a pair of timed feeders so that I can hope to get a few hours of sleep before her 5:30am meal.

I love these feeders! They've given me sleep back and the ability to leave her for several hours in the afternoon.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
5236E82F-A5FA-45DF-9FD5-CA9A89826701.jpeg
I thought we were past these faces after meals.

I did increase her milk thistle dose. She was getting 1/4 dose twice a day. This morning, I doubled the morning dose to 1/2 the target dose. The evening dose will remain the same for now. It is the meal that follows her pred meal so I don’t want to challenge her in the nighttime. We can try the morning dose again tomorrow and see if it produces the same discomfort. I would really like her taking milk thistle while she’s on steroids to protect her liver. I won’t get Denamarin in her as easily as pred.

I don’t see her face and whether she’s actually sleeping or simply a wide-eyed pred rest. But she doesn’t look distressed anymore.
902F16FA-302C-446E-A211-66BC2DF1091A.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 319112
I thought we were past these faces after meals.

I did increase her milk thistle dose. She was getting 1/4 dose twice a day. This morning, I doubled the morning dose to 1/2 the target dose. The evening dose will remain the same for now. It is the meal that follows her pred meal so I don’t want to challenge her in the nighttime. We can try the morning dose again tomorrow and see if it produces the same discomfort. I would really like her taking milk thistle while she’s on steroids to protect her liver. I won’t get Denamarin in her as easily as pred.

I don’t see her face and whether she’s actually sleeping or simply a wide-eyed pred rest. But she doesn’t look distressed anymore.
View attachment 319113
That's got to be good! :yess::cheerleader::goldstar:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday's score: 10.3 oz for 320 calories, two perfect poops. No blowouts from either end.

Today: 3 meals already in the books. The feeders are loaded. And a perfect poop already submitted for my approval.

I'll enjoy it while my 5.5 oz cans last. I think it's going to be messy again when I have to switch to the 3 oz cans exclusively. I'm not sure why my East Coast order hasn't shipped yet. :(

Also, the part for my car is finally (!!) on its way. In the end, it was Rock Auto and their "notify me when in stock" that won out over the two orders that are simply advancing the date. I'd better cancel those so I don't get a surplus of these.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday's score: 10.3 oz for 320 calories, two perfect poops. No blowouts from either end.

Today: 3 meals already in the books. The feeders are loaded. And a perfect poop already submitted for my approval.

I'll enjoy it while my 5.5 oz cans last. I think it's going to be messy again when I have to switch to the 3 oz cans exclusively. I'm not sure why my East Coast order hasn't shipped yet. :(

Also, the part for my car is finally (!!) on its way. In the end, it was Rock Auto and their "notify me when in stock" that won out over the two orders that are simply advancing the date. I'd better cancel those so I don't get a surplus of these.
Bravo, Krista! Hope those cans are on their way right away.

And yeah, since you do have this, you don't need those, or these. :heartshape: :lol:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ordered another case of 5.5 oz rabbit cans from another retailer. I paid a 50% premium for 3 day shipping. So if they aren't putting me on about inventory they don't have (like I'm suspecting from the other order), then I should get these on Wednesday. That's still conceivably three or four days of soft poops if my food theory holds. But it also could be the year old Proviable that looked/looks a little "off". Most of it looks fine, but there's some of the capsule that either caked or went bad in some other manner. Easy to cut that one and see if it makes a difference. So far, so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.