Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday: 7.36 oz for 230 calories. Two solid poops, one pale pile, and a barf after mystery rabbit meat (I don’t remember which cut of cooked I gave her.) No box blowouts. No poop pukes. We’re making progress even if I did have to chase her into poop jail and clean up a barf.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm mixing her food like a scientist and a chef these days.

Half of her food is from a 3 oz can of Rawz rabbit and pumpkin pate.

The other half of her food is mixed together once or twice a day and consists of half a 5.5 oz can of Rawz rabbit pate mixed with 1 full 3 oz can of Rawz rabbit pate. The reason I mix these two is because the 3 oz cans are a much smoother texture for some reason. Mixing the 3 oz with the firmer 5.5 oz allows me to extend the life of the firmer cans which seem to produce firmer poops while making the firmer rabbit softer and smoother for her to eat. It can't be easy for a toothless Krista to chew through firmer foods.

Since I mixed all of this together and made the firmer food softer, but not too soft, she's been cleaning her plates readily and easily. Sometimes before I finish washing her previous plate. 😹

And I think offsetting some of the higher fat rabbit pate with slightly lower fat rabbit and pumpkin pate may actually be helping her digestion. She doesn't seem to need as much bookcase time after her meals.

Her coat feels great and I actually feel some of her mass in my lap. Not having blowouts and poop pukes might be putting weight back on her already. We shall see tomorrow afternoon. I'll ask them to weigh her again tomorrow so we can compare apples to apples (their readings are more accurate than my own.)

I'm waiting a full 24 hours until her next stock serving. I don't want to double dose her and get double the blowout if it isn't agreeing. I will also make her food tomorrow while she's at the vet getting her ultrasound.

Finally, I'm letting her skip a day (maybe two) of the Mirtaz. I have to fast her tonight before her ultrasound. That's going to be harder if she's hopped up on the 'taz. So no wet willy today. And since she'll be at the vet most of tomorrow, no 'taz until Thurs (unless she's not eating and having acid barfs.)

I'm breathing a little easier today than I was last week.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just plated her lunch. She cleared it before I finished cleaning up. I find her like this waiting just around the corner from the kitchen like a, “I’m not actually in the kitchen begging, but if you have something more, I’d be down.” 😻
CDB4162F-5DF0-4635-AD8E-7B43B8A0E178.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just plated her lunch. She cleared it before I finished cleaning up. I find her like this waiting just around the corner from the kitchen like a, “I’m not actually in the kitchen begging, but if you have something more, I’d be down.” 😻
View attachment 317628
Tarifa does this with me. She does it with my roomies. Even if she has a full bowl. :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor girl. I just squished her tail trying to reorient myself while she was in my lap. I held her briefly to let her know no malice was intended. Then I got up and put a spot of food on her plate as a mea culpa. I want to get out of her hair this afternoon already. But I also was hoping to wait out her pooper. Since she had one at 3am, she should be due any moment now.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I plated the apology spoonful of food and topped it with her latest crack (powdered S&C freeze-dried rabbit), her first feeder popped open. After the second feeder popped open shortly after, she knows her routine. Up into her tree she went and I took that as my cue to get out of the her fur already. Playing a risky game leaving her alone with an overdue poop in the chamber.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I plated the apology spoonful of food and topped it with her latest crack (powdered S&C freeze-dried rabbit), her first feeder popped open. After the second feeder popped open shortly after, she knows her routine. Up into her tree she went and I took that as my cue to get out of the her fur already. Playing a risky game leaving her alone with an overdue poop in the chamber.
Not funny if it occurs, I know. But I'm thinking *and hoping* it won't. ;)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her first poop of the night was perfect. A little on the big side. But she's unsettled.

Her next poop, a couple soft, but still formed nuggets.

And yet she still seems unsettled. Not the normal bookcase time after eating.

So this is where we're at. We're waiting for the final poop to fall.

No pudding or barfs. So far. 🤞

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her first poop of the night was perfect. A little on the big side. But she's unsettled.

Her next poop, a couple soft, but still formed nuggets.

And yet she still seems unsettled. Not the normal bookcase time after eating.

So this is where we're at. We're waiting for the final poop to fall.

No pudding or barfs. So far. 🤞
Her first dinner is cleared, no further poops, and she's laying in cat croissant roll on my bed. I think we survived this poop shift. No blowouts, no barfs. 👍

She will get two more regular meals tonight at 9 and midnight. And then it's nibbles only the rest of night as I try to fast her for her ultrasound tomorrow without making her miserable with acid stomach and acid barfs.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor fur pig! 🐷

I gave her a midnight meal which already is bending the rules. I was originally told no food after 10 pm. When I explained that she will get acid barfs before morning, the staff member relented and said, “okay. Not after midnight.”

This is still problematic for this cat.

I gave her a midnight meal. She didn’t know it was the last food she’d get or she would have finished the plate. Still. She did very good on a single pass.

I waited until she was napping, picked up her plate, and washed it. She woke up and joined me in the kitchen like, “I could eat another.” When I didn’t return a plate to her feeding spot, she crouched in the spot. Patient. Waiting.

Finally, she came back up to the bed to voice her displeasure and give me the business end 🍑 belly ride. I suppose I deserved that. 😹

I have a quarter oz in a feeder set to open at 3. I don’t get to drop her off until 7am. This is going to be a long night for the both of us.

And a long day. At least one of us will get to keep our belly fur. 😆😿

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She got a quarter oz (7 grams) at 3am. She’s getting another quarter oz now. This will be the last food she gets until I pick her up this afternoon. 😿 It’s a shame it’s so little. But no one wants her barfing before or during the sedation/ultrasound.

And she pooped too. 💩👍

Hopefully that means she won’t poop her carrier later. I would rather not bring her home in a box again.

Last edited:

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This will be the last food she gets until I pick her up this afternoon. 😿 It’s a shame it’s so little. But no one wants her barfing before or during the sedation/ultrasound
I thought “no food” was because food causes false or confusing findings in the ultrasound image. Not about puking.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought “no food” was because food causes false or confusing findings in the ultrasound image. Not about puking.
I’ll let the office know. But I know from experience that this cat can’t be fasted anymore. She will have stomach acid barfs.

Shoot! I just read that if she eats before an ultrasound the gallbladder empties it’s bile and becomes hard to see. I’m hoping because it’s only a small amount and that there will be some time between her last bites at 5am and when the sonographer gets around to her. I don’t know how many are on the schedule today. But I can ask that Krista be done last to give her gut and gallbladder a chance to clear the food.

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We’re here before the office opened. Before the sunrise. And yet. We’re not the only ones waiting to unload a bonkers hungry cat as soon as possible. Since we are early, I’ll run the engine for heat but let her roam the cabin. She won’t get far inside the car and she’ll be easy enough to put back in her carrier once she comes around to my lap for affection.
FB5DAF8F-3100-4A7D-8E58-F92D9FDC8050.jpeg

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We’re here before the office opened. Before the sunrise. And yet. We’re not the only ones waiting to unload a bonkers hungry cat as soon as possible. Since we are early, I’ll run the engine for heat but let her roam the cabin. She won’t get far inside the car and she’ll be easy enough to put back in her carrier once she comes around to my lap for affection.
View attachment 317773
She's so adorable! :hearthrob: :hearthrob::hearthrob:Wishing you both all the best for the entire experience and safe journeys.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And she came home in a box again.
E8823DB0-2AC3-4D7A-A5E8-E51EA68EA7F5.jpeg

Didn’t soil herself quite as much as I thought. But who wants to ride home in that?

She and I need to decompress after today. Separately. For a couple hours anyway. I dropped her off at home and gave her a 2/3 portion meal. Then I left her with her cat rock while I go eat dinner at the tap room (the food is delicious Mexican from next door)

I made her food this afternoon—Alnutrin with rabbit leg meat and rabbit liver.
4C8410DC-A12C-4741-A091-AFAC489A5654.jpeg
I’m going to wait until tomorrow to give her a portion so she can get the sedation drugs out of her tonight without some new food rocking the boat.

She starts pred tonight. 5 mg pill once a day for two weeks. Then we can check in again to see if she’s gaining weight again.

More about the ultrasound findings and our treatment later. Short version: everything is inflamed. Pred should help. 🤞

Status
Not open for further replies.