Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She very nearly cleared second breakfast already. I had to open the feeders and add a little more to each. They aren’t convenience today. They become essential support against acid barfs.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Interesting. She didn’t eat anymore just because she cleared second breakfast faster. I trust her. I think she’ll end up around 7.5 ounces.

I was concerned that we had gone almost 24 hours since her last poop. But it was a good one. Pumpkin plump. It must have felt very satisfying on the egress.

I’m waiting to see if there will be extras.

I miss poop zooms. She doesn’t really get poop zooms anymore. Instead she often spends the next ten minutes looking restless and unsettled making me follow her around to see if she needs to be herded off to poop jail.

She briefly played with the shoelace tied to the back of my chair. That’s the closest we’ll get to poop zooms tonight.

She’s under the bookcase. I guess that means I have time to go out and pick up some dinner if I want. I have three more hours until her next meal.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She had another good looking pumpkin plump poop. So about seven hours from the last one.

But she’s restless and I’m watching her. She looks like she wants to carpet bomb...
🧐🐈🤛

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday: 7.8 oz for 270 calories.

She was bonkers in the morning with her feed me song and dance. Like old times. Like I didn't have two feeders with food still in them.

We're getting into the squishy part of the mirtaz tube. The ribbon isn't as thin today as it usually is. If there's a correlation between her poops, pukes, and dosing days, she could be painting the walls tonight. At least I have a Spot Bot.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday: 7.8 oz for 270 calories.

She was bonkers in the morning with her feed me song and dance. Like old times. Like I didn't have two feeders with food still in them.

We're getting into the squishy part of the mirtaz tube. The ribbon isn't as thin today as it usually is. If there's a correlation between her poops, pukes, and dosing days, she could be painting the walls tonight. At least I have a Spot Bot.
Always good insurance, right? ;) She's doing GREAT!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had some bonus poops and loose poops. I’m guessing there’s a correlation with the Mirtaz. At least no poop pukes.👍

We did have a good poop earlier though.

I’m going to keep working the transition to rabbit and pumpkin pate. Maybe that will stabilize things. But I won’t know if I try too much at once. Food transition first. Then I can try to reduce her dose.

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday: 8.5 ounces! 293 calories.

I work from home on Fridays. Where she would have normally slept from 10am to 2pm and then finished second breakfast and nibble at the feeders throughout the remainder of the afternoon. Instead yesterday, because I was home, she wasn't sleeping as much and she was returning to her plate an extra time or two after getting her oxytocin fix with me. She finished second breakfast two hours before her first feeder would open. There's likely not enough food in the feeders to get her from noon to six. I sneaked her an extra half ounce split between rabbit and pumpkin and frankenrabbit.

This morning I had the runt remainder of the Selects bag thawed from the night before. Or I would have to thaw a new medallion from the new bag from freezer to plate. It's no issue with the medallions to go freezer to plate. It takes a few minutes longer than taking the chill out of a fridge thawed portion. But it was 5:30 am and I opted for the runt. She normally gets 10-12 grams of a 16-18 gram medallion. This runt was 8 grams. She can spare a slight reduction until we start a new bag on the next breakfast.

My grinder bits are going into the freezer today. When I get home tonight, after I've fed Krista first dinner, I will run a few Selects medallions through my grinder to see if I get a more lickable texture for Krista.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday: 8.5 ounces! 293 calories.

I work from home on Fridays. Where she would have normally slept from 10am to 2pm and then finished second breakfast and nibble at the feeders throughout the remainder of the afternoon. Instead yesterday, because I was home, she wasn't sleeping as much and she was returning to her plate an extra time or two after getting her oxytocin fix with me. She finished second breakfast two hours before her first feeder would open. There's likely not enough food in the feeders to get her from noon to six. I sneaked her an extra half ounce split between rabbit and pumpkin and frankenrabbit.

This morning I had the runt remainder of the Selects bag thawed from the night before. Or I would have to thaw a new medallion from the new bag from freezer to plate. It's no issue with the medallions to go freezer to plate. It takes a few minutes longer than taking the chill out of a fridge thawed portion. But it was 5:30 am and I opted for the runt. She normally gets 10-12 grams of a 16-18 gram medallion. This runt was 8 grams. She can spare a slight reduction until we start a new bag on the next breakfast.

My grinder bits are going into the freezer today. When I get home tonight, after I've fed Krista first dinner, I will run a few Selects medallions through my grinder to see if I get a more lickable texture for Krista.
Wishing you both a great CATurday filled with good food (and no poop pukes!) :crazy::kneading:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We started the new bag of Selects for second breakfast and she doesn't seem interested. She ate a bite or two and licked her lips for another minute like something didn't taste right to her. I didn't force it. Instead I proceeded to plate her canned portions. I gave her an extra half ounce in the feeders. I will pick up another bag of the Selects this afternoon. If she eats from one bag and not the other, I'll take the other bag back. If she eats from neither, well, I can backfill her raw portions with homemade until we figure out the Selects situation. As long as I'm only on the hook for an ounce or two a day, I could probably keep up with that. I don't think I could keep up with 8 ounces a day as homemade.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tiny poop. Formed for sure. But we may be in for something rough later. That or she just didn't make that much poop since she emptied herself out last night. I'm happy to see a formed one after last night's puddle.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spoiled!

I came home with a new bag of Selects for her and plated a bonus half portion tweener for her since her 2nd breakfast plate was clean and first feeder was as clean as she's likely to get it. It was 60/40 rabbit and pumpkin to frankenrabbit. No sooner had she cleared the rabbit pumpkin, the second feeder popped open. I should trust her more. Then again. I did short her second raw meal since she wasn't interested in the last new bag. We'll try that bag once more at first dinner. If she's still not interested, we'll try the second bag that I just picked up.

I also picked up two new want toys for her. A bee and a butterfly from the same people who make Da Bird. She's already approved the bee. We'll try the butterfly tonight.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Butterflier toy is a hit with her! I hope I don’t play her too hard for her arthritis.

I picked up a second bag of Selects and she didn’t even take a bite out of that first thawed medallion. I think both bags are going back and we may be done with Selects. I can’t have quality issues like this.

I offered her a quarter ounce of the pre-dentist homemade batch. She still likes it. But she only ate 5 grams of it. That’s okay. It’s just a first serving. She sometimes does her own slow introductions.

The lights haven’t even turned out after first dinner (they fade in starting at 5:30 and peak 25 minutes later. Then they turn out at 7 (in five minutes.). I plated her dinner around 6 and she’s had a clean plate since 6:30. Her next meal isn’t until 9:30ish. She’ll dance on me. She’ll sing and dance before the lights come back up.

She had a perfect pumpkin poop.

She’s restless though. Why is she she restless? Maybe she thinks the same of me. “Why won’t he lay down already so I can lay on him?”

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seems we have a return of “some other cat.”

By the time I finished cleaning the dishes and loading the feeders, I come out of the kitchen to a clean plate.

“Sorry Krista! Seems some other cat must have cleaned your plate while I wasn’t looking.”
🐽🐷😹😆

I hope it holds her until first feeder opens.

Mirtaz tube is squeezed from the bottom and ready to go tomorrow morning. Hopefully no “bonus poop”-inducing, fat ribbons of medicine tomorrow.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
💩👍

I wonder if the after poop restlessness I see is her old gal poop zooms.

She was singing and dancing before her first feeder opened that I got up and manually opened it for her. After her poop and still an hour or so until next meal, I decided to give her an extra quarter ounce so maybe I can sleep a little longer this morning.

That didn’t hold her. She’s stalking the feeders. There’s nothing left. This is going to be a bonkers hour. 🤦🏼‍♂️😔

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score: 8.5 oz for 277 calories

That's crazy!

In our defense, it's hard to replace those Selects from either a protein or a calories point of view. She may have only ate an ounce of it a day, but it was adding about an ounce and half of calories and protein. It was basically an easy protein supplement.

But...

She sampled two different bags and wasn't impressed. And they didn't look as good as the first bag. They didn't smell as fresh either. They didn't smell off. But they didn't have that fresh thigh meat smell. It's a small sample size but I don't like my odds already. The main reason I don't want to feed her raw full-time is supply issues. When I can't find a bag that passes her smell test, I call this a supply issue.

At least to keep some raw in her diet (easy protein supplement), I am giving her from the last homemade batch when homemade was all she was eating until we saw the dentist. Glad to know that now that she has options, she still likes the homemade. But it will remain in the minority of the portions I serve for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.