Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*So cute* and yes, such a piggie! Let's see if you and Tarifa can be the same shape, Krista! SNORK it up!

The SpotBot is noisy, but yes, it cleans so well! I had to clean up some dirty water on the carpet right outside my bathroom from the toilet replacement and you can't even see that it was ever there. IDK what I'd do without mine, through all of the times I've had to use it and for the future. One of the best devices in the house!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
9am poop! It was a good one. Hopefully this means her afternoon unsupervised poop will shift to later this evening when I’m home to be poop jail warden, if necessary. I’m also hoping this means she’s going to return to a twice a day poop schedule. I think that would treat all of us better.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
6:30 pm poop! Another good one. No bonuses. Yet.

I increased her Frankenrabbit from 5% pumpkin to 6.25%.

Two cases of her rabbit and pumpkin pate arrived today. Early returns on first dinner say it’s a hit. She was getting 1 part turkey to 3 parts frankenrabbit. Now she’s getting 1 part turkey, 1 part rabbit and pumpkin pate, and 2 parts frankenrabbit. We’ll do this for a poop or two before we swap out another frankenrabbit part for more rabbitkin and repeat a poop at a time until the frankenrabbit is off her plate.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score: 7.75 ounces for 280 calories

240 calories is 30 calories per lbs for an 8 lbs cat. So everything above 240 is gravy for her and probably excessive. But you tell her that.

Dosing day went well enough. I did the other ear this morning to try balance the load. It makes me nervous doing the other ear because I do it with my less practiced thumb too.

She had a perfect poop at 4:30am. Then she just had another slightly softer poop at 6:30. Not loose stools or diarrhea. Nothing bonus following it except some unsettled behavior. She's sleeping it off under the bookcase. She still has half of second breakfast to finish when she emerges.

To be fair, here were are again changing her diet once more. It shouldn't surprise or disappoint me if she's having discomfort on one end or the other for a few days.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score: 7.75 ounces for 280 calories

240 calories is 30 calories per lbs for an 8 lbs cat. So everything above 240 is gravy for her and probably excessive. But you tell her that.

Dosing day went well enough. I did the other ear this morning to try balance the load. It makes me nervous doing the other ear because I do it with my less practiced thumb too.

She had a perfect poop at 4:30am. Then she just had another slightly softer poop at 6:30. Not loose stools or diarrhea. Nothing bonus following it except some unsettled behavior. She's sleeping it off under the bookcase. She still has half of second breakfast to finish when she emerges.

To be fair, here were are again changing her diet once more. It shouldn't surprise or disappoint me if she's having discomfort on one end or the other for a few days.
What a colorful beauty and doing so well, too! :yess: ;)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
💩👍
Saw it on the camera. Looked good from what I saw.

I am recording it here so I can track her frequency. A little quicker than 12 hours. But she is also going through a food change.

I also caught her on the forbidden stove counter. There’s nothing there for her. But there is a motion light that would only be activated if she was surfing one counter or the other. And since she’s allowed on one, I assume she waits til I leave (or sit on the toilet) to surf the other. This light was on when I checked in on her through the cameras.

And second breakfast that I was worried she was eating slow is now finished. Now I’m worried she might eat through her feeders too quickly.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
💩👍
Saw it on the camera. Looked good from what I saw.

I am recording it here so I can track her frequency. A little quicker than 12 hours. But she is also going through a food change.

I also caught her on the forbidden stove counter. There’s nothing there for her. But there is a motion light that would only be activated if she was surfing one counter or the other. And since she’s allowed on one, I assume she waits til I leave (or sit on the toilet) to surf the other. This light was on when I checked in on her through the cameras.

And second breakfast that I was worried she was eating slow is now finished. Now I’m worried she might eat through her feeders too quickly.
That sounds like a good kind of "worried" to me! ;)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds like a good kind of "worried" to me! ;)
She’s on a meal schedule. The feeders are convenience.

But also I don’t want to put more food in her than she can poop out. No more bonus poops and poop pukes, please.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
💩💩💩🤮😿🐽🐽🐽🐽🐽😹🤦🏼‍♂️
Bonus poops and poop pukes are why I don’t just shovel it in her like an all-you-can-eat buffet.

But having made room on both ends, she proceeded to clear first dinner. She can wait for second dinner for more.

Or at least until I’ve finished my own first dinner.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista does lines. 🐽🙊
5AD4D45D-EEFF-4227-98A1-1BF87AD4EA10.jpeg
That’s 1 part turkey, 1 part rabbit and pumpkin pate (*NEW*), and 2 parts rabbit with pumpkin purée (aka “frankenrabbit”)

She always finishes the turkey line first. Then the rabbit and pumpkin. The frankenpumpkin can take up to the remainder of the meal window until the next meal.

Before her poop pukes, she finished a half ounce of Selects, the turkey line, and half the rabbit and pumpkin line. At 8, with still almost two hours to go until next meal, she was getting into trouble kind of hungry. I gave her a bonus line of rabbit and pumpkin which she proceeded to clean faster than I could wash my first dinner plate. At least she likes the stuff. I have three cases of it now.

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista does lines. 🐽🙊
View attachment 311933
That’s 1 part turkey, 1 part rabbit and pumpkin pate (*NEW*), and 2 parts rabbit with pumpkin purée (aka “frankenrabbit”)

She always finishes the turkey line first. Then the rabbit and pumpkin. The frankenpumpkin can take up to the remainder of the meal window until the next meal.

Before her poop pukes, she finished a half ounce of Selects, the turkey line, and half the rabbit and pumpkin line. At 8, with still almost two hours to go until next meal, she was getting into trouble kind of hungry. I gave her a bonus line of rabbit and pumpkin which she proceeded to clean faster than I could wash my first dinner plate. At least she likes the stuff. I have three cases of it now.
I promise for a second I thought these were poops and I was like "OK daftcat now you're being a bit too much with these comparing her poops on a plate."

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday: 7.8 oz for 270 calories. Even after zeroing out her poop puke Selects.

Speaking of that, I am cutting back slightly on those. I want to give her a better chance at the rabbit and pumpkin transition and maybe stop the poop pukes. I was pushing her towards half an ounce. I’m going to pull that back to 10 grams. She still eats plenty that she can afford the reduction.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday: 7.8 oz for 270 calories. Even after zeroing out her poop puke Selects.

Speaking of that, I am cutting back slightly on those. I want to give her a better chance at the rabbit and pumpkin transition and maybe stop the poop pukes. I was pushing her towards half an ounce. I’m going to pull that back to 10 grams. She still eats plenty that she can afford the reduction.
She's doing so well! Keep up the great work, you two!

Status
Not open for further replies.