Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rylka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sounds like cutting up the selects was exactly what she needed! Hoping for an excellent weigh in tomorrow

I hear you about the gate delivery issues. At my previous place there'd be so many packages that were never delivered, even though we had a working intercom and I was home waiting!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She used to eat between 8 and 10 ounces last year when she was eating a combination of Rad Cat and Rawz. Back then, most of her diet was Rad Cat. And she would get one Rawz guest star meal.

There’s no reason this 7.5 (hopefully!) lbs cat needs to eat 300 calories. Then again, senior cats do have high protein requirements. The Selects is basically a protein supplement. Still! The only reason I put out the feeders is so she doesn’t have acid barfs between the second meals and the next first meal.

Anyway. She’s well into post breakfast nap. I should get my get going together so I can get gone to my first breakfast.
I'm no fan of FedEx OR amazon, actually.
That is thoughtful of you to pad the barfs ;) Who likes acid barfs? No one I know!:headshake:
Yeah, well, priorities are priorities and yours are the same as mine. FELINES FIRST.:yess:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After brunch, I could not remember if I packed my jacket for after the tap room tonight. A typical person might just pull over and check. Instead, I decided to pick up another bag of Selects for Krista which would force me to return home. If I forgot my jacket, I'll pull it off the hook on the way back out. And if I remembered, no foul (only fowl.) I'd be doing a food run that's a lot easier on the weekends than during the week when I'm likely to finish the current bag.

Meanwhile back at the ranch...

Krista had finished second breakfast and first feeder. I decided to treat her to a half ounce tweener as second feeder wasn't going to last her another three hours. A little more rabbit and pumpkin won't hurt her. I'm guessing she'll exceed 8 ounces again today/tonight. (Her food day begins at first breakfast and includes the overnight before the next first breakfast.)

Happy for my early return, and to receive the rare bonus tweener, she rewarded me with a perfect poop! I would like to think I'm off poop watch for the next 12-24 hours. But that her poops slowed from 12 to 24 hours is part of the problem. She's eating too much and plenty of pumpkin to not be pooping twice a day. Fingers crossed for no more poop pukes tonight.

Her rabbit and pumpkin pate cans checked in from Wyoming at 11:30 this morning. It's a 13 hour drive from here to Butt Crack, Wyoming (I already forgot the actual city name.) I don't think It's going to make it here by the end of the day. I'm guessing it makes it to some sorting/distribution center tomorrow and doesn't deliver until Tuesday. Yet another reason I don't like FedEx.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After brunch, I could not remember if I packed my jacket for after the tap room tonight. A typical person might just pull over and check. Instead, I decided to pick up another bag of Selects for Krista which would force me to return home. If I forgot my jacket, I'll pull it off the hook on the way back out. And if I remembered, no foul (only fowl.) I'd be doing a food run that's a lot easier on the weekends than during the week when I'm likely to finish the current bag.

Meanwhile back at the ranch...

Krista had finished second breakfast and first feeder. I decided to treat her to a half ounce tweener as second feeder wasn't going to last her another three hours. A little more rabbit and pumpkin won't hurt her. I'm guessing she'll exceed 8 ounces again today/tonight. (Her food day begins at first breakfast and includes the overnight before the next first breakfast.)

Happy for my early return, and to receive the rare bonus tweener, she rewarded me with a perfect poop! I would like to think I'm off poop watch for the next 12-24 hours. But that her poops slowed from 12 to 24 hours is part of the problem. She's eating too much and plenty of pumpkin to not be pooping twice a day. Fingers crossed for no more poop pukes tonight.

Her rabbit and pumpkin pate cans checked in from Wyoming at 11:30 this morning. It's a 13 hour drive from here to Butt Crack, Wyoming (I already forgot the actual city name.) I don't think It's going to make it here by the end of the day. I'm guessing it makes it to some sorting/distribution center tomorrow and doesn't deliver until Tuesday. Yet another reason I don't like FedEx.
They tell me WY is a pretty crazy place from time to time.
Go, Krista, GO! :yess: :kneading:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
🐈💩💩💩🧐👍🤞
She had bonus poops and soft poops. But no poop pukes.

I have a different batch of the Rawz turkey that’s not as soggy. I wonder if that would make any difference.

Maybe when the rabbit and pumpkin pate finally gets here, we can wean her off Rawz turkey altogether.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday: just a few grams shy of 8.5 ounces! 🐷

Monday morning weigh-in: 7.4 lbs. Last week was 7.3. 🐷

The rabbit and pumpkin pate cans checked in from Nevada. Still another 6 and half hours away. Except that route could easily become 12 hours depending on weather and traffic. Tuesday, maybe Wednesday. They won't even bother giving me an estimate anymore.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday: just a few grams shy of 8.5 ounces! 🐷

Monday morning weigh-in: 7.4 lbs. Last week was 7.3. 🐷

The rabbit and pumpkin pate cans checked in from Nevada. Still another 6 and half hours away. Except that route could easily become 12 hours depending on weather and traffic. Tuesday, maybe Wednesday. They won't even bother giving me an estimate anymore.
Yeah, deliveries are definitely backing up. Tech calls likewise. We got my roomies wired in last night. Tech was scheduled between 3 and 4. He got here after 5 and because of the difficulty of the project and the fact that it was a total wiring in, he didn't leave until 8:30. Poor guy had to crawl under the house in the dark after it had been raining heavily all day. I don't envy him that cold, clammy journey! Whatever they pay him, it isn't enough for what he did for us.
Krista is a champion! I predict she'll be competing with Tarifa soon for the most perfect football shape. ;)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, deliveries are definitely backing up. Tech calls likewise. We got my roomies wired in last night. Tech was scheduled between 3 and 4. He got here after 5 and because of the difficulty of the project and the fact that it was a total wiring in, he didn't leave until 8:30. Poor guy had to crawl under the house in the dark after it had been raining heavily all day. I don't envy him that cold, clammy journey! Whatever they pay him, it isn't enough for what he did for us.
Krista is a champion! I predict she'll be competing with Tarifa soon for the most perfect football shape. ;)
On top of that, the part for my car I’m being told will take another week. I honestly believe nobody knows when that part will ever be in stock again and Summit Racing is just kicking the date back until the next time they have to throw their hands in the air and kick the date back another week. I’ve had that check engine light on since September or October. 🤦🏼‍♂️ 🤬

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I saw something on my local news about a week ago that OEM (maybe all parts whether Original Equipment Manufacturer or after-market?) vehicle parts are in very short supply.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rock Auto says they have "all the parts your car will ever need" and I personally like eBay, but I don't have a car, so...
Rock Auto doesn’t have it. To their credit, they are one of the few sites that I can leave my email and they will notify me when they have it again. eBay doesn’t have it. Correction. eBay doesn’t have it New and/or Buy It Now. Someone pulled a Used one from a wreck and last I checked it’s been bid up to four times what I gave Summit Racing. I would rather wait for a new one than take the extremely overpriced gamble that the part is still in good working order with plenty of life left. Amazon doesn’t have it. Oreilly doesn’t have it. Autozone doesn’t have it. Parts Geek doesn’t have it but they were another that would let me know when they do. Walmart also would let me know when they get it in their marketplace. Everyone else left the sale on the floor because they couldn’t/wouldn’t follow up with me like Summit. Summit may be winging it on a week-to-week basis but at least they are trying.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rock Auto doesn’t have it. To their credit, they are one of the few sites that I can leave my email and they will notify me when they have it again. eBay doesn’t have it. Correction. eBay doesn’t have it New and/or Buy It Now. Someone pulled a Used one from a wreck and last I checked it’s been bid up to four times what I gave Summit Racing. I would rather wait for a new one than take the extremely overpriced gamble that the part is still in good working order with plenty of life left. Amazon doesn’t have it. Oreilly doesn’t have it. Autozone doesn’t have it. Parts Geek doesn’t have it but they were another that would let me know when they do. Walmart also would let me know when they get it in their marketplace. Everyone else left the sale on the floor because they couldn’t/wouldn’t follow up with me like Summit. Summit may be winging it on a week-to-week basis but at least they are trying.
Well, yeah, there's that...and a very cute toothless smile!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apparently it was a blow it from both ends kind of afternoon.
D12B695F-31C5-40EE-B971-0EF09048F011.jpeg
I know which I would rather clean.

The poop came up so easily, I had to leave a roll of TP down where it was so I could find it again after the spray has had its time. The rest of the puddles will give my Spot Bot something to do for the next hour.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankfully we are on the last spot. The stink eye she is giving me from across the room while she’s trying to get some shut-eye! 🤦🏼‍♂️😹

This thing did a great job with a huge mess and I had to do so little.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday: 8.4 oz for 300 calories.

There’s no reason she needs to eat so much. But you try to tell her that. Her thyroid always tests normal. And also she’s able to gain weight. I don’t suspect thyroid disease, cancer, or a parasite. Just a furry pig underfoot. 🐷
25910F85-9CC4-42FB-9FBF-45877501842F.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.