Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd be happy if the Spot Bot goes to waste. But it is handy. I feel like it does a better job in six minutes than I do with the handheld in 15 minutes. The hose tool alone is easier than my handheld wet vac. Still, the handheld does travel better.

I contacted the first rabbit and pumpkin seller and asked them to change it to 3 oz cans of the turkey and turkey liver pate. I never see that flavor in the 3 oz size. It makes sense to give the 3 oz cans a try since she gets about 1.5 ounces of the turkey per day now.
Good idea on the food. And yeah, "Better to have it and not need it..." on the SpotBot. I've used mine quite a bit. When you have older cats, it can come in handy from time to time and then you have confidence that it's CLEAN. :yess:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She was “trillin’ like Dylan” tonight. I don’t understand what she’s singing, but I like her sound. 😹

We have achieved poop stability once more. 💩

Rabbit seems to be doing her well. Or rather rabbit with pumpkin. Four cases ordered already and it was simple as adding pumpkin purée to her rabbit pate. Though the pre-made formula is lickable smooth —without xanthan gum too.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday: 7.5 oz for 270 calories 🐷🐷🐷 And two excellent poops at 3:30 and 3:45 am. 💩💩 The second poop was still formed enough that Krista used a box without having to be herded into poop jail.

She ate a Selects medallion this morning and the turkey portion of first breakfast.

I was going to cook breakfast for myself. But she was sitting halfway between my chair and her food, giving each looks. I decided I could sit long enough for her to get her joy juices flowing. Then she can finish first breakfast with her oxytocin munchies.

I can get my own breakfast after we get hers sorted.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday: 7.5 oz for 270 calories 🐷🐷🐷 And two excellent poops at 3:30 and 3:45 am. 💩💩 The second poop was still formed enough that Krista used a box without having to be herded into poop jail.

She ate a Selects medallion this morning and the turkey portion of first breakfast.

I was going to cook breakfast for myself. But she was sitting halfway between my chair and her food, giving each looks. I decided I could sit long enough for her to get her joy juices flowing. Then she can finish first breakfast with her oxytocin munchies.

I can get my own breakfast after we get hers sorted.
Really loving reading these great reports! Maybe Krista, like Tarifa, will soon be football-shaped! :crackup:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s all in the presentation.
927334BD-9AAD-44C2-930A-4FC05ED892A6.jpeg
And that’s why it took hours for her to finally start in on that. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹

She left half of first breakfast. But she is eating the Selects at a healthy clip today. She’s already had two medallions. I discovered how to feed those to her. I plate it 5 grams at a time. When she finishes that tiny amount, I put down another 5 grams. We do this maybe three times until she’s either finished the medallion or no longer interested. It breaks up the project into more manageable tasks for the toothless wonder.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s all in the presentation.
View attachment 310872
And that’s why it took hours for her to finally start in on that. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹

She left half of first breakfast. But she is eating the Selects at a healthy clip today. She’s already had two medallions. I discovered how to feed those to her. I plate it 5 grams at a time. When she finishes that tiny amount, I put down another 5 grams. We do this maybe three times until she’s either finished the medallion or no longer interested. It breaks up the project into more manageable tasks for the toothless wonder.
*It's true the world over!*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
🤦🏼‍♂️😔🐈💩💩💩🤮😿🐷🐷🐷
We lost poop stability. She had soft add-ons culminating in the poop pukes. She gave back probably the entire Selects medallion she ate prior. But now she’s mowing down her plate like she has room to fill in her gut and butt.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday: 7.5 oz.

That's even after I zeroed out the Selects medallion she lost to poop pukes. She practically begged me for another chance at the Selects at second dinner. I don't normally offer Selects at second dinner. But she showed up on the kitchen counter giving me the eyes and trillin' like Dylan.

She's getting through the medallions a lot easier when I break up the project for her.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another dosing day. It’s a miracle I keep these straight in my head. Which I really shouldn’t do! From tomorrow, when I copy her previous week’s food journal tab and zero out the numbers to make the new week’s journal, I will also highlight the dosing days. It would take me less time to mark them in her food journal than I spend trying to remember which days I dosed her and whether today is a dose day or an off day.

First breakfast done. Second breakfast plated. She finished her second Selects medallion and ate the small Rawz turkey portion she gets with every canned meal. I used to make second breakfast/dinner turkey portions larger because she had all day/night to finish them. Now I’m fixing the ratio at 1:3 turkey to (Franken)rabbit regardless of first or second meals. She’s eating the rabbit well enough that I don’t have to pad the second portions out with more turkey like I used to. Maybe fixing the ratio will fix her butt too.

It’s only 9am and I’m already pleased with her eating for the day—so far. If I left in the next hour, I don’t know that I have eight hours of stuff to keep me busy until her next meals.

It’s more the afternoon than the morning that I should make myself scarce. The morning is her bookcase time. I’m lucky if she considers the rest of second breakfast in earnest anytime before noon.

To be fair, she’s already had 115 calories from 6am. Finished. Not just plated. She should be a in food coma for a few hours.

Sleep it off little one.
D0914173-7D92-4275-812C-EE05A300D6FF.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another dosing day. It’s a miracle I keep these straight in my head. Which I really shouldn’t do! From tomorrow, when I copy her previous week’s food journal tab and zero out the numbers to make the new week’s journal, I will also highlight the dosing days. It would take me less time to mark them in her food journal than I spend trying to remember which days I dosed her and whether today is a dose day or an off day.

First breakfast done. Second breakfast plated. She finished her second Selects medallion and ate the small Rawz turkey portion she gets with every canned meal. I used to make second breakfast/dinner turkey portions larger because she had all day/night to finish them. Now I’m fixing the ratio at 1:3 turkey to (Franken)rabbit regardless of first or second meals. She’s eating the rabbit well enough that I don’t have to pad the second portions out with more turkey like I used to. Maybe fixing the ratio will fix her butt too.

It’s only 9am and I’m already pleased with her eating for the day—so far. If I left in the next hour, I don’t know that I have eight hours of stuff to keep me busy until her next meals.

It’s more the afternoon than the morning that I should make myself scarce. The morning is her bookcase time. I’m lucky if she considers the rest of second breakfast in earnest anytime before noon.

To be fair, she’s already had 115 calories from 6am. Finished. Not just plated. She should be a in food coma for a few hours.

Sleep it off little one.
View attachment 311050
:yess::bliss::wow:*At this rate, have you considered THIRD breakfasts?* :kneading:*Looking well padded there, Krista!*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:yess::bliss::wow:*At this rate, have you considered THIRD breakfasts?* :kneading:*Looking well padded there, Krista!*
I’m so relieved to be down to four meals plus the feeders. I used to feed her six times a day. Round the clock. I slept only a couple of hours at a time. The feeders were life changing!

I still feel exhausted keeping up with her four meals a day plus bathroom and play duties. She keeps me on a rigid schedule. I call her my fur ball and chain.

Anyway. With the Selects, she’s getting four breakfasts. 🙀😹🐷🐷🐷🐷

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cleaned both litter boxes in under five minutes today. At no time was she without both litter boxes.
🧐
I have duplicates of each litter box. I rotate the cleans in from the shelf. That takes me off the cat’s clock for cleaning the dirties. She may have extra boxes during this procedure. But she never has fewer. 😸

This hot swap also frees me to give the dirties a quick rinse in the shower and come back to them tonight like the lazy git that I was this morning. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shoot!
🐈💩💩🤮🤮😿

She had a good poop at 4. Another good one at 6. I thought she was just showing off. But then she went back to the boxes once more. This time she came out with the tells. So back to poop jail with you! And in the middle of all the straining, she leapt out to give back her Select and most of first dinner. I gave her an extra half ounce of rabbit since she had nearly finished the plate.

I’m thinking the Selects might be bunging her up. I’ll see about halving her Selects portion as she didn’t seem to have the poop pukes when she was eating half a medallion.

Maybe we can try larger Selects portions once we get the rabbit and pumpkin pate back on her plate.

Or maybe after she has a bit more weight on her, we can rotate between the Selects and homemade.

I just don’t want her to eat only homemade. I can’t be on the hook like that again. It’s too stressful and exhausting. And time consuming.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday, even after zeroing out the Select to the poop pukes: 8.5 oz!!! 300 calories.

That’s bonkers! No wonder she’s bunged up.

She’s scheduled to eat 5.5 oz is canned. She can burst to 7 oz if she eats all feeder portions. And three Selects would put her at 8.5. I don’t think she left much remainder yesterday.

As of last night, her 17 gram Select portion is being reduced to 12 grams. I’d rather pour the remainder down the sink than let her keep having the poop pukes.

I think she’s noticed the reduction. Her first breakfast portion was nearly cleared in one go. She’s got a few grams of crumbs left.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday, even after zeroing out the Select to the poop pukes: 8.5 oz!!! 300 calories.

That’s bonkers! No wonder she’s bunged up.

She’s scheduled to eat 5.5 oz is canned. She can burst to 7 oz if she eats all feeder portions. And three Selects would put her at 8.5. I don’t think she left much remainder yesterday.

As of last night, her 17 gram Select portion is being reduced to 12 grams. I’d rather pour the remainder down the sink than let her keep having the poop pukes.

I think she’s noticed the reduction. Her first breakfast portion was nearly cleared in one go. She’s got a few grams of crumbs left.
The poop pukes happen here occasionally, too, and who likes that? No one! Big props to Krista, though, for the 8.5 -- that has to be some kind of record or at least an occasion for extra praise, snorgles, and love!?!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was tempted to weigh her a day early this morning. Tomorrow is a weigh day and a dose day. That’s a lot of handling for one morning.

This week’s tab in the food journal now has the dosing days highlighted. It’s not automatic though. Next week’s dosing days will be inverted from this week.

Krista has all day to work on second breakfast and she seems determined to finish it sooner than later. I’d better make sure the feeders get loaded with perhaps a little extra.

FedEx says my rabbit and pumpkin cases were in Nebraska as of midnight. Will they make it the rest of the way today as promised? I doubt it. I’m not a fan of FedEx. Especially not their “home delivery” which posts exceptions more often than not. If I get a FedEx tracking number, the very first thing I do is redirect that to a retail location for pickup. Amazon never has a trouble with the gate around the property. FedEx never seems to even try.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The poop pukes happen here occasionally, too, and who likes that? No one! Big props to Krista, though, for the 8.5 -- that has to be some kind of record or at least an occasion for extra praise, snorgles, and love!?!
She used to eat between 8 and 10 ounces last year when she was eating a combination of Rad Cat and Rawz. Back then, most of her diet was Rad Cat. And she would get one Rawz guest star meal.

There’s no reason this 7.5 (hopefully!) lbs cat needs to eat 300 calories. Then again, senior cats do have high protein requirements. The Selects is basically a protein supplement. Still! The only reason I put out the feeders is so she doesn’t have acid barfs between the second meals and the next first meal.

Anyway. She’s well into post breakfast nap. I should get my get going together so I can get gone to my first breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.