Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning's weigh-in: 7.0 or 7.1 lbs. Last week was 7.3. Wednesday at the vet office was 7.0 (3.2 kg.) I want to draw a line in the sand at 7 lbs and I would like to think that my scale is trustworthy enough to say that she's stable from Wednesday.

We're trying 1 oz portions this week. She finished two of them last night and nibbled a feeder portion. But she only got through 21 grams on first breakfast. I rolled it into second breakfast. She has all day to finish this.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another loose poop. Less like pudding and more like toothpaste. But the carpets live to see another bomb-less morning.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning's weigh-in: 7.0 or 7.1 lbs. Last week was 7.3. Wednesday at the vet office was 7.0 (3.2 kg.) I want to draw a line in the sand at 7 lbs and I would like to think that my scale is trustworthy enough to say that she's stable from Wednesday.

We're trying 1 oz portions this week. She finished two of them last night and nibbled a feeder portion. But she only got through 21 grams on first breakfast. I rolled it into second breakfast. She has all day to finish this.
Come on, mighty Krista! EAT! EAT! EAT!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Come on, mighty Krista! EAT! EAT! EAT!
Took her awhile but it looks like she’s made it mostly through the morning plates and much of the first feeder. That first feeder should be enough insurance for what she’s left on the plates. She’s also still got 3 more hours and a second feeder opening soon.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First day back at the office and she left me a little poop toothpaste on the carpet and a big cow patty in the box. She also had a little spit up. Not a hairball. But maybe the straining to get the last of the tube out of her butt.

I hope this isn’t every day. I need to return to the remote office. Second pawternity leave is up.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m sure I’ve been rushing her recovery and that’s why her butt and gut aren’t keeping up. But really I just want to stop the weight loss. I don’t like such a bony Krista.

She finished all but six grams of the second breakfast and the daytime feeders. In other words, the remainder of first breakfast. She’s finished first dinner. She’s doing great on second dinner. That’s going to be an empty plate in the morning. If that’s the case, she’ll be at 5 oz even before the two feeders tonight. She can burst up to six ounces if she’s up to it. I would like to see if we can stabilize right here at 4 to 6 oz a day. If we can stop the weight loss, I can take the weight gain as slow as her butt and gut needs.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday: 5.7 oz for 205 calories. I think this time last week she was fasting after the squirts.

She got her Mirtaz dose this morning. And she’s nearly through first breakfast and it was only plated about 15 min ago. Assuming she returns once more in the next three hours, I’m sure she’ll finish it.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After entertaining a couple lap sessions, she finally got her oxytocin fill enough to finish her first breakfast plate. We’re good for at least another hour before I plate the second breakfast and the feeders. Hopefully with some consistency on portions, her gut and butt will catch up.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First day back at the office and she left me a little poop toothpaste on the carpet and a big cow patty in the box. She also had a little spit up. Not a hairball. But maybe the straining to get the last of the tube out of her butt.

I hope this isn’t every day. I need to return to the remote office. Second pawternity leave is up.
Does she leave these in the same general area when she does leave them? I was wondering if poopy, er, puppy, pads might work. They have some cat attracting ones, too, I think.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does she leave these in the same general area when she does leave them? I was wondering if poopy, er, puppy, pads might work. They have some cat attracting ones, too, I think.
No. And neither do I want to encourage the behavior by giving her a landing spot. She knows she's not supposed to do it because she will run to the litterboxes if I'm home to interrupt her.

I am lucky that her first pudding poop always makes a box. But once she's had a pudding poop, if there's anything left to expel, that's probably going on the carpet. She blames the box for the pudding poop (or the poop leg if she comes away with one.) To be honest, as long as it's toothpaste or a kiss, that comes up easy enough. I'm just afraid of a reversion to explosive puddle poops.

But in any case, I'd rather keep working towards solid poops again. I'd rather make the carpet bombing unnecessary than focus too much energy on it otherwise. I have good wet vacs. ;)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No. And neither do I want to encourage the behavior by giving her a landing spot. She knows she's not supposed to do it because she will run to the litterboxes if I'm home to interrupt her.

I am lucky that her first pudding poop always makes a box. But once she's had a pudding poop, if there's anything left to expel, that's probably going on the carpet. She blames the box for the pudding poop (or the poop leg if she comes away with one.) To be honest, as long as it's toothpaste or a kiss, that comes up easy enough. I'm just afraid of a reversion to explosive puddle poops.

But in any case, I'd rather keep working towards solid poops again. I'd rather make the carpet bombing unnecessary than focus too much energy on it otherwise. I have good wet vacs. ;)
Yeah, I get it. It's sometimes common in older cats, though. I have a robot for this. It's a Bissell SpotBot 'Pet' and it really does a good job. You can set it for robotic or hand cleaning. Just sayin'.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I get it. It's sometimes common in older cats, though. I have a robot for this. It's a Bissell SpotBot 'Pet' and it really does a good job. You can set it for robotic or hand cleaning. Just sayin'.
It’s not that I haven’t looked at the Spot Bot or even walked around a Target with one before convincing myself to put it back...

I want to. I just. I can’t adopt all the Bissells!

But yeah. I think the Spot Bot is next on my list. Or their high end, stick/handheld hybrid. I like the concept of the Ion Bolt. But it just doesn’t have as much power as my corded Dyson. Even if that cord is my bane and the number one reason I don’t vacuum more.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her carpet bombing isn’t an old cat problem or a lack of boxes. It is a, “you done me wrong, box!” choice she makes no matter how many clean boxes she still has available. First one always makes a box. Always! 👍

That’s the best I can ask for. Because the first is always the worst. I don’t want her thinking she can leave that anywhere I put down a pad.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s not that I haven’t looked at the Spot Bot or even walked around a Target with one before convincing myself to put it back...

I want to. I just. I can’t adopt all the Bissells!

But yeah. I think the Spot Bot is next on my list. Or their high end, stick/handheld hybrid. I like the concept of the Ion Bolt. But it just doesn’t have as much power as my corded Dyson. Even if that cord is my bane and the number one reason I don’t vacuum more.
Yeah, my Dirt Devil is corded too and the cord is a hassle but the vacuum is wonderful!
You'll like the SpotBot if you get one. I got mine at Target, too. :)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I came home to a stinky apartment. Her pudding poop made it into the box but she didn't bother trying to bury that mess. But no carpet bombings either. She's a good cat that's going through more 💩 than any cat should have to go through.

She cleared the last of the feeders while I cleaned her boxes. She's already 4.25 oz in the tank and no spit ups today. She could get to 6.75 with second dinner and overnight feeders. And a tweener medicine meal to get a different Vitality Science supplement working on her poops. She doesn’t like it. I have some turkey stock from freezer resetting in fridge.

I think she was just shocked and perhaps a bit upset that I returned to work so suddenly this week. But it has been nice to have somewhere to be in the days and some work time without an imminent cat distraction just around the corner. Like this one coming now....

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another pudding poop says her old probiotic is taking things in the wrong direction. 🤦🏼‍♂️😿

I thawed her next several days worth of stock.

And I may try rabbit in her rotation again. She wasn’t having these poop issues with rabbit lately. Maybe the Mirtaz will help correct for the difference in appeal between turkey, her favorite, and rabbit, probably her butt’s favorite. I’ll give the stock another day or two before I try to introduce rabbit again.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I came home to a stinky apartment. Her pudding poop made it into the box but she didn't bother trying to bury that mess. But no carpet bombings either. She's a good cat that's going through more 💩 than any cat should have to go through.

She cleared the last of the feeders while I cleaned her boxes. She's already 4.25 oz in the tank and no spit ups today. She could get to 6.75 with second dinner and overnight feeders. And a tweener medicine meal to get a different Vitality Science supplement working on her poops. She doesn’t like it. I have some turkey stock from freezer resetting in fridge.

I think she was just shocked and perhaps a bit upset that I returned to work so suddenly this week. But it has been nice to have somewhere to be in the days and some work time without an imminent cat distraction just around the corner. Like this one coming now....
*Mrrrrrowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!*:runningcat:
My two favorite 'things' are cats and IT, in that order of course, and one is as distracting as the other IMHO. :bliss:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday was 6.7 ounces! And three pudding poops. But no carpet bombings. And this is why I don't lay down poopy pads. It's not an everyday or every poop occurrence.

Understandably, between the extra ounce of food yesterday (I plated the same but she ate more of the feeders), and the morning pudding poop, she was a little slower on the first breakfast uptake. She still managed all but 4 grams of it. She did get a 6 gram "medicine meal" last night. It all works out. She also got a couple spoonfuls of stock. Hopefully those treat her better than "the dirt". We can try rabbit in the feeder portions on Friday.

Second breakfast is laid out and she's already laid out under the bookcase after her final push on first breakfast. She's got all day to finish second breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.