Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista is having a rough time converting the water slide back into a poop maker again. She hasn’t squirted and no new poops from last night. But she had a couple little barf puddles for me when I got home and her appetite has been spotty. Rather. It’s there. But how much she eats when she does eat is getting softer than before. To be fair, she was hungry all the time because her food was moving too quickly for digestion. Now she’s got some healing going on and the machinery is sputtering back to life. And to be honest, I don’t mind if she takes a slow ramp up. I wanted her to ramp down when it was all just squirting out of her. Overall, I like what I’m seeing so far. And tonight she licked up the metro/boulardii puddle like it was almost her favorite thing. I could tell she likes the yeast just a little more than she dislikes the medicine. But she still dislikes the medicine. This time I got some food directly on that tray when she was done with the poison so she doesn’t get a gut bomb of medicine only. She’s about halfway through first dinner and peacefully napping it off. I’m thinking I get out her hair and get my own dinner now that she’s set up for the next few hours. And probably not going to have a poopwreck if she hasn’t had one by now.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's on a longer than 30 hours poop cycle but this one was even better than the last. I think I can sleep easier this weekend in the hotel with her knowing she won't be squirting up the place.

Her mirtz'ing was smooth as can be. Popped open her mouth, she tipped her own head back, and I dropped the crumb on in.

And the metro/boulardii, I have never had such an easy time giving antibiotics. I'm giving her credit for Monday morning even though we only got the medicine Monday night. So today is day 4. She'll have six more days after today.

All that's left this morning is to change her plates out around 9 or 10 (second breakfast) and be here for her if she gets the meowz(apine) reaction. She's got a good groom going on under the bookcase right now. :D

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shoot! We just had a backslide, so to speak. She had the squirts not 12 hours after her last perfect poop. It started out as, "okay, soft serve, but still a good color," but by the time she was done, several boxes later, she was dropping gray-brown drops. It's like her pooper is running out of toner. She's also cleaning plates like before when the food was running through her too quickly for digestion. I'm not happy about it. But it still went better than before. Her formed parts were more formed. Her unformed bits still had a better color. Mostly. And while she had multiple trips to the boxes, the total volume wasn't as bad as before.

Hopefully that was just a hiccup and we'll have perfect poops again next time.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm envious! My boy isn't accommodating like this at all LOL
That was a fluke! It's usually a wrestling match. I got her mirtz rx refilled and it's an even smaller pill than last time. I hope the pill cutter is still up to the task.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She just squirted the first one into the box. Then she left me at least a couple of carpet bombs. I watched it on the camera from the tap room.
:fear:

The plan for the night is to have a beer. Check myself into the hotel and get a litter box or two set up for her. Then go back and get Krista. Get her fed and settled. Then go back to the apartment and do the Deep Clean setting on the Bissell that takes several hours to dry. Krista is telling me, “you were going to wet vac tonight anyway!”
:doh2:

Tomorrow I go back to repeat the flea treatment.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her appetite is healthy. But that’s probably because she’s squirting it. :(. I put her cat rock (Music For Cats) on the iPad and now I’m going to head back to the apartment to do some deep cleaning.

“Front desk? There’s a cat in my room!”
E5E171E1-BB73-4BB6-8BA2-1C28E3E0FB36.jpeg

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow she's so chill for being in a hotel. Mine would most likely be cowering under the bed scared to death and Lily hissing at Zoe for being under the bed with her.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow she's so chill for being in a hotel. Mine would most likely be cowering under the bed scared to death and Lily hissing at Zoe for being under the bed with her.
You should see her at the vet’s office. Well. This was before her extended stay there. Last time I let her out in the exam room, she sat under the chair. She’s more dog than cat sometimes. She wants to greet strangers and answer the door.

E7235902-DA81-4662-8006-E3305BDA195F.jpeg

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should see her at the vet’s office. Well. This was before her extended stay there. Last time I let her out in the exam room, she sat under the chair. She’s more dog than cat sometimes. She wants to greet strangers and answer the door.

View attachment 300875
I was wondering how you can take her to the vet often. You're lucky Krista is a bada**! Hima gets so heartbreakingly sad and anxious on the way, ironically I hesitate to take her to the vet in fear of the trip making her sick. Once even the vet suggested to come home without extra charge.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I added brought a comfort or two from home for her. And our cat gate. It needs another panel or two to allow the door to open. But it’s enough that it should keep Krista from darting when the door opens. Housekeeping shouldn’t come knocking. But if they do. This should slow them down long enough to realize their error. I hope.
87CF78B7-905D-43AC-819D-6E117E0D863C.jpeg

I don’t know if I want to mirtz her this morning. I don’t know that I want to put her through a mirtz rush when she’s not home. Also, maybe it will help the squirting if she’s not eating non-stop. I can mirtz her tonight or tomorrow morning if she’s still got a stink face and a slow appetite.
image.jpg

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was wondering how you can take her to the vet often. You're lucky Krista is a bada**! Hima gets so heartbreakingly sad and anxious on the way, ironically I hesitate to take her to the vet in fear of the trip making her sick. Once even the vet suggested to come home without extra charge.
So I was thinking about this. With all she’s been through, she should hate the vet and maybe even be traumatized by it. But I think she’s smart enough to distinguish between people, places, and procedures. She whines a little on the car ride over. But she’s pretty calm in the waiting room and the exam room. She’s still friendly with the techs and the doctors. But then she’ll tell you when you poke her or prod her in a way she doesn’t approve. For awhile, she would poop herself and then go feral. I would say she does her business to let you know she means business. The office wanted to sedate her every time for simple things like blood draw. And so for awhile we were avoiding the office because the price of admission was sedation. But that wasn’t a good idea. Once I figured it out myself, I explained to the office that she gets aggressive when they are reaching into her safe space: the carrier. And if they can do their work with her out of the carrier, things might go better. And it did for a bit. Until she got sedated for a dental and woke up with poop on herself and a bad attitude. We can’t win them all.

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I was thinking about this. With all she’s been through, she should hate the vet and maybe even be traumatized by it. But I think she’s smart enough to distinguish between people, places, and procedures. She whines a little on the car ride over. But she’s pretty calm in the waiting room and the exam room. She’s still friendly with the techs and the doctors. But then she’ll tell you when you poke her or prod her in a way she doesn’t approve. For awhile, she would poop herself and then go feral. I would say she does her business to let you know she means business. The office wanted to sedate her every time for simple things like blood draw. And so for awhile we were avoiding the office because the price of admission was sedation. But that wasn’t a good idea. Once I figured it out myself, I explained to the office that she gets aggressive when they are reaching into her safe space: the carrier. And if they can do their work with her out of the carrier, things might go better. And it did for a bit. Until she got sedated for a dental and woke up with poop on herself and a bad attitude. We can’t win them all.
Thanks for sharing. Aggression is challenging but even that's not the worst. (Vets would totally disagree with me!) Hima gets in her carrier herself although she knows and gets sad that means we will go to the vet. All the scared look and nervous meows on the way. She avoids eye contact with the people at the clinic, just looks around all scared, cries if they do a procedure, and sheds like 1kg hair from anxiety. Just heartbreaking.

OK I will stop interrupting. Hope you two have a wonderful weekend. :wave3:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a closet in the entry room/kitchen that is shared with a closet in the bathroom. I brought her gate from home and I’ll close her off in the bathroom/kitchen. This is my squirt protection of the carpeted areas of the room.

I will also leave her a pee pad (in addition to two boxes.) Hopefully she’ll use the pee pad when she’s decided “eff this box!” (And not before.)

Of course I also have her cat rock playing on the iPad.
C1D6FC92-F69F-458B-8BBA-7431940FA52C.jpeg

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having set it all up and typed that out, I looked over to Krista peaceful as she could be sleeping to her cat rock on the bed.

I’m torn. I’ve already paid a $150 non refundable pet fee and brought my mess cleanup supplies.

I’m inclined to move the gate back to the door (to prevent darting) and just let her do what she’s going to do. She’s already not feeling great. I can see that much. So why confine her to hardwood and porcelain.

Predictably, she’s not really eating much since we skipped the mirtz this morning. I think I’ll likely put her back on it tomorrow morning since we check out after the 5K I signed up for. The start line just happens to be nearly the front door of the hotel. I didn’t plan that. That’s serendipity!

Status
Not open for further replies.