Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She popped again. 🤮😿

I think I stirred up the enzyme stuff trying to vacuum it and the baking soda up. Whatever mess she makes I’ll have to do without enzyme cleaner until this has dried and vacuums up. Hopefully tomorrow. In the meantime, she’ll be getting reduced portions tonight. No score.

And she may not be done being nauseated... 😿🤦🏼‍♂️

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat shift that started four hours ago with first dinner that included three vomit piles, two perfect box poops, and a Krista under the bookcase —has finally come to and end. At least one end is sorted today. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday: 7 something ounces, 200 some calories yadda yadda yadda

Yesterday's score doesn't matter as much as there have been no further incidents since the second barfing.

This lovable weirdo, I call her my furry foreman, was supervising the clean-up with the Spot Bot. I was sitting on the floor with our Retch Robot and she decided she had been ignored long enough. While this was munching and crunching on the stain at full volume just inches from where I was sitting, Krista jumped off the bed and into my lap. There she parked and watched the Spot Bot work its magic with me. 😻 Not at all fazed by the racket it was making!

This morning she ate her raw portion well enough. But only half of her first breakfast. She still has time. But she's also sleeping hard in her tree. She's sleeping so hard, I'm wearing a head lamp with the red light to eat breakfast because I don't want to turn a light on and wake her.

Without the appetite stimulant, she's often in for a slow eating day after a barf night. I'm willing to extend her the same patience today if it ensures no further incidents. I'll plate as usual and she can decide what proportion she's good for today. After all, tomorrow is another dosing day.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally got around to submitting Krista's bills to insurance. The weekend at the hospital with fluids and updated radiography/radiology was denied as it smells like her vomiting pre-existing condition visits according to Trupanion's sniff test. Her dental procedure was denied because they don't cover dental procedures. This was the outcome I was expecting and why it took me so long to submit. I finally decided, "well, if I'm expecting rejected claims, what do I have to lose by submitting them anyway?"

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now that our food supply seems to have stabilized so too it seems her butt and gut. The rabbit and pumpkin transition continues albeit very slowly. We’re now at 1 part turkey, 1 part Frankenrabbit, 2 parts rabbit and pumpkin. She seems to have returned to a twice a day pooping schedule since we switched her raw to the homemade. The homemade has psyllium. As did Rad Cat.

I have at least a few more days of the homemade. I have the organs for another batch. It’s just checking if I have enough thigh meat. I may do an extra batch with nutritional yeast. She likes the stuff well enough on its own. Let’s see if I can use the supplemented nutritional yeast in place of the B-50 which smells like feet and leaves her unimpressed.

Once I can finalize a nutritionally balanced and complete recipe and can secure a supply of hearts and liver from the butcher, I’d love to do this to scale so I only have to make food once a month or less often than that if she’s willing. That gives me plenty of time between batches to collect organs for the next batch. (That sounds like a serial killer with a fetish. 😮😹)

I would love to feed her as much as 25% raw. But for timing and supply reasons, I would love to always have canned in her diet.

She’s finished with first dinner already. I guess it’s my turn now. 😻

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
TLDR: a great pumpkin poop in the box and nothing on the carpets. 👍

She left a feeder untouched. But she was gaining weight at 7 oz a day. Whereas the carpet was gaining mass (🤦🏼‍♂️💩🤮) when she was eating 8 or 9 oz. So as long as she’s fat and happy at 7, she doesn’t need to finish her feeder portions.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday: 7.8 oz for 256 calories. Two perfect 💩 s and no other incidents! 👏

At some point after I scooped her poop and went back to bed, I woke up to Krista riding my belly. Except I wasn't on my back and it wasn't my belly. And I don't remember accomodating her. She was on my side with an arm out of the way. I must have done it in my sleep. 😻😹

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I came home at 2 pm because UPS is holding my afternoon hostage. They won't let me redirect to a retail location to pick up the air purifier/fan/heater I ordered for the cat box corner of the apartment.

I came home to another perfect poop in the box. Low odor. Might not need that air purifier after all.

Second breakfast plate is cleaned. I manually opened her feeder because it seems like it should have opened by now.

Sometime after I finished eating my lunch and she finished eating hers, she went to the litterbox and left a bonus poop. I wasn't expecting another daytime poop. But no tells of distress or impending carpet bombing. It looked pretty good too. But the first poop of a poop storm is often a good one. Still. It's been over an hour and no further incidents.

I think we're stable on the poop front.

Her stomach is making noises though.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UPS finally came 2 hours past their stated window. I wish I could have redirected that to a retail location and not have my afternoon and evening held hostage like that.

The upside of staying home this afternoon is that Krista kept pestering me. I emptied both feeders onto plates for her and gave her an extra raw portion when that wasn’t holding her.

Except for the extra 10 g of raw, I didn’t give her any other extra portions. Hopefully she won’t pop tonight.

Last edited:

Rylka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm glad ups finally did make it! Sorry if I missed it earlier, but what kind of purifier did you buy?

Keep it moving the right way Krista! Yall both need the time off from front or back end explosions.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad ups finally did make it! Sorry if I missed it earlier, but what kind of purifier did you buy?

Keep it moving the right way Krista! Yall both need the time off from front or back end explosions.
I got a (second) Dyson HP-02. It is the Pure Cool Heat wifi model from 2016. I had to order it from Dyson directly because it is not the newest model sold in stores anymore. The HP-04 is the 2018 model that has reversible air flow, the increased oscillation range, and more and better sensors. But they all but disabled the heater function in the app in the 2018 model to comply with some UL standard I don't care about. I have the 2018 model of the Pure Cool (no heat) which has all the better sensors and reversible air flow in the front room where myself and Krista spend most of our time. Of course I want the air purifier function. But I also want to be able to start the heater from my warm bed before I get up to go into a cold bathroom.

I can't use the baseboard heaters because a younger 12 year old Krista peed in them when her resorbing teeth were bothering her. I shut those heaters off at the breaker if I don't want a cat pee diffuser. I have a Delonghi oil filled electric radiator that Krista hugs much of the winter in the front room and another HP-02 in the home office. This new one will fill the gap: the hallway and bathroom between the two rooms. It should also help with dust and odors coming from the litter boxes themselves in the hallway (and maybe any odors from the bathroom as well.:paperbag: )

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
🚁🤮
Helicopter barf! 🤦🏼‍♂️

🕰🤮
Also called barf around the clock 😿

She started throwing up facing 12 o’clock. Then she rotated as she continued to barf until she got to at least six o’clock!

I’m sure glad she doesn’t do that with 💩!

I suspect between the extra raw portion and plating her feeder portions instead of letting her work it out on her own, I think she ate too much this afternoon and evening, and didn’t spend enough time digesting.

She had yet another poop too. It was still formed but there were loose bits like her gut is running out of patience. The disassembly line is running too fast! Input is exceeding output. 😿

I’m need to work on discipline here. Keep us both on her feeding schedule and amounts. No more tweeners! Let’s see if I can keep her under 8 oz.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gah!

No further incidents last night.

But this morning, directly after she finished her raw portion (10-12 grams) and her Rawz turkey portion (another 8 grams), she regurgitated both. She's eating again already. (Correction: she finished her rabbit portions while I typed the rest of this.) But I feel sad that she doesn't get to keep her two favorite turkey portions this morning.

Whereas I can suspect an input exceeding output problem for her barfing last night, I really don't know why she regurgitated this morning. I opened a new can of Rawz turkey and the raw came from the freezer yesterday so it has at least another fridge day of freshness. Just in case, I'll dump the last six grams of yesterday's freezer portion and pull a new freezer portion into the fridge. These freezer portions should be about an ounce and a half. They should last us about a day and a half at her current raw portion size (about an ounce a day split over three of her four meals--no raw before second dinner.)

I need to make a new batch of raw. I will run out of this current batch this weekend.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday: 8.7 ounces for 291 calories

That's excessive.

I will try to keep her in the 7 to 7.5 ounces range.

I plate 6 ounces in her scheduled meals. But she can eat up to 8 ounces if she finishes her feeder portions. She so rarely does because it's hard to get the last few grams out of the feeders.

But even if she ate all of the plates and the feeders, that's 8 ounces. I gave her an extra 10 grams of raw yesterday for approximately .3 to .4 more ounces.

So where did the other .3 to .4 come from? I must be adding a little extra here and there like a Jewish cat grandma. "Are you eating enough? You look skinny! Here, have more! It won't kill you."

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When it looked like she wasn't going to go directly to her second breakfast after her raw portion, I took that opportunity to run the Spot Bot. And the Pet Stain Eraser (handheld wet vac) since there were considerably more spots than bots. I discovered carpet-facing pee pads work great for blotting up the extra moisture.

Krista is still making a compelling case for an evacuation staycation so that I can deep clean the apartment once more. The problem, though, I also want to redo the flea premise spray. But as I discovered last time, it may take more than 24 hours for the Deep Clean setting to dry. So it would be better to Express Clean with Krista sequestered in the home office some day this weekend and then make a call about taking her out for a couple of days to re-do the flea spray. I think if I want to do Fleabusters again (the boric acid powder), I'll call in the professional service to apply it. We had the dust in the air for days and several vacuums when I did it myself.

No further regurgitation and she's about halfway through second breakfast already. She's lap sitting just when I wanted to get up. 🤦‍♂️ 😹

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No further incidents since the morning regurgitation.

She just had a pumpkin perfect 💩, first dinner, a little play, and now she’s taking a bookcase nap. I am enjoying a Lucky Day IPA from Central Coast Brewing (SLO) while watching The Mandalorian on Disney+.

After this, I watch Star Wars 8 before plating second dinner and packing it in for the night.

Also belly rides. I’m sure I will be giving belly rides on the overnight. 😹😻

Tomorrow I see Star Wars 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.