Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just when it is going well, we may have hit a major hiccup. The one store that had her rabbit and pumpkin pate ran out. I gave my info for a special order but who knows how long that’s going to take? I can check in with the other stores tomorrow. One of them may be able to give me a date they can get it in. One of them may even have it since the last time I checked.

Until then, we’re going to have to improvise. I have rabbit and I have pumpkin. We’re going to have to cut the last can and half I have left with rabbit pate and eventually add in pumpkin when I run out of the rabbit and pumpkin. But I also think it is a texture thing. The pumpkin and rabbit pate is smoother than the rabbit pate.

We’ll figure something out. We have no choice but to do so.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel like I may have scooped her last good poop until we sort out the rabbit and pumpkin pate supply issue once more.

It was another good solid poop though.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And then we had the soft poop just now, a butt scoot, and a thwarted carpet bombing.

I ordered two cases of the Rawz Rabbit and Pumpkin Pate from one online retailer and then found one even closer. So I ordered a case from them. And then they tell me that it may be several days before they even process my order.

Well shoot! Do I want to drive four hours (two each way) to pick them up from the store? I still might....

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday: 7 oz and 243 calories.

Good poop this morning.

Then she's back in the box. Uh oh...

Phew! Just a pee. Against the back wall of the litter enclosure. Doh!

She usually just walks in, squats, swishes the tail a couple of times and starts peeing. I don't know why she turned around this time. Don't make this a habit!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gah! The more promising of the two orders I placed last night is out of stock. This makes me think the other one may also come up empty. The former says the earliest they can get new stock would be next Monday plus shipping time on top of that. They are also the one that's a two hour drive away. So there will be no four hour food runs. I guess we're going to have to improvise for a couple of weeks.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nobody local has the rabbit and pumpkin pate. I picked up some rabbit pate and some pumpkin purée. I put a 3 oz can in with half a pouch of the pumpkin. I was trying to tune the recipe by calories per gram. Unfortunately, I made that first batch a little too pumpkin-y. Krista ate it just the same. Most of it anyway.

I gave her the remainder of her Selects medallion from breakfast. She gets through half a medallion if I’m lucky. I’m tempted to put the medallions through my grinder and see if I can come up with a more manageable texture for her. At least one of the local stores carries these. I don’t feel completely food insecure here.

In a week or two, I will have more cases of rabbit and pumpkin than I’ll have places to put them. I got a little carried away with online and local special orders. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday: 7.5 ounces! 270 calories!

She did barf some of that between dinners. I'm guessing growing pains over a quick transition to rabbit without pumpkin. We're out of the rabbit and pumpkin pate until next week.

I added some pumpkin to the rabbit pate this morning. 5% to start. I have to wait for her to emerge from the bookcase to see what she really thinks as she ate 10 g of Selects and the 10 g of Rawz turkey I plated next to the Rabbit Pate with added pumpkin. Frankenpumpkin. She had options. Next pass, we'll see how she does with our frankenpumpkin.

Hang in there, Krista. We're about to be flush with the good stuff soon.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was the first day with the frankenpumpkin (Rabbit Pate with 5% pumpkin added--5 g added to 85g can is approximately 5%.) She clearly prefers her turkey. But she still finished first breakfast.

When I left her this morning, the tiny turkey portion of her second breakfast was cleared (or so I thought.) When I tuned into the camera this afternoon according to the notification, she was picking the turkey portion super-clean. I was getting worried that she didn't like the same frankenpumpkin she cleaned earlier.

An hour later, I get the notification again. Okay, finally she is eating the frankenrabbit! I'll leave her to it then.

20 minutes later, I get another notification that she's moved from her feeding spot. Check the camera. Wow! She's nearly cleared that frankenrabbit portion!

I hope I left her enough food in the feeders to get her to the dinners.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m not sure we’ve seen a frankenrabbit poop yet. She had another good poop at 6am I think? But she was still eating the Rawz rabbitkin in that one.

We’re not in the clear yet. But this is going better than I expected.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She poops so nice she pooped it twice. 🤦🏼‍♂️💩💩

I came home to a carpet gift. I deserved that. Her diet changed literally overnight. But even for a carpet poop, it wasn’t that bad. I think I prefer this to last night’s barf. Smaller blast radius. Less surface penetration. And a good chance to put my new Spot Bot to the task.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to plate her food and load the feeders so I could go to sleep.

I delayed an hour. She was asleep when I started.

She was expectantly crouching when I finished.

She plowed at least 75% of the way through it. I hope she doesn’t pop or squirt. 🤦🏼‍♂️

I figured she might overeat. I reduced her plated portion and added a little extra to the feeders. If she ate too much or if she ate too little, I’m sure she’ll let me know. 😹

68AFDCEE-CFE7-4B13-8E0B-3E4ED810111F.jpeg
That’ll do, fur pig! 🐷

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score: 7 oz and 260 calories.

No poop since yesterday’s carpet bombing. I expect that was 4 pm from the notifications but the Poopcam only recorded her leaving the box. The other cameras did not cloud record the carpet bombing itself.

Dosing day. Went well enough.

My first two cases of the rabbit pumpkin are expected Sunday. I should cancel the other online order. And then there will be two more cases from local shops. She better like the rabbit and pumpkin for a long time.

I got a mirtzing love bug to entertain on my belly. Rough life taking care of this one.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score: 7 oz and 260 calories.

No poop since yesterday’s carpet bombing. I expect that was 4 pm from the notifications but the Poopcam only recorded her leaving the box. The other cameras did not cloud record the carpet bombing itself.

Dosing day. Went well enough.

My first two cases of the rabbit pumpkin are expected Sunday. I should cancel the other online order. And then there will be two more cases from local shops. She better like the rabbit and pumpkin for a long time.

I got a mirtzing love bug to entertain on my belly. Rough life taking care of this one.
IDK why I lost you guys for a couple of days. Anyway, sounds like Krista is eating like a champ! and yes, I hope she likes the windfall of good food you are expecting for her. Congratulations on your SpotBot -- sure to be an essential in your lives and in your home!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IDK why I lost you guys for a couple of days. Anyway, sounds like Krista is eating like a champ! and yes, I hope she likes the windfall of good food you are expecting for her. Congratulations on your SpotBot -- sure to be an essential in your lives and in your home!
I'd be happy if the Spot Bot goes to waste. But it is handy. I feel like it does a better job in six minutes than I do with the handheld in 15 minutes. The hose tool alone is easier than my handheld wet vac. Still, the handheld does travel better.

I contacted the first rabbit and pumpkin seller and asked them to change it to 3 oz cans of the turkey and turkey liver pate. I never see that flavor in the 3 oz size. It makes sense to give the 3 oz cans a try since she gets about 1.5 ounces of the turkey per day now.

Status
Not open for further replies.