Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spoke slightly too soon. She perfect pooped about an hour ago. However just a minute or so after I posted that above, she went box to box looking unsettled until she finally settled on one. She dropped a couple cruddite wedges, small but formed. Then a tiny amount of toothpaste after that. I'm hoping this was just a hiccup in her digestion since yesterday was a nibbling day. The A-B-C testing from the daytime reveals that turkey is still clearly her favorite as that was cleaned. Rabbit with pumpkin was her runner-up with half that portion cleaned. Rabbit was nearly untouched. So she'll still eat the pumpkin if we need it. But hopefully as she eats more of the Selects, the raw plus the probiotics within it will make the rabbit and pumpkin less necessary.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up yesterday with the telltale sore throat letting me know I’d be sick this weekend. 🤦🏼‍♂️So glad I didn’t travel this year. My head and body feels like a “bomb cyclone” of sick slammed into me. 🤕🤧I’ve been sweating under every blanket in the house and I still haven’t broken the fever. It’s kinda gross. Like hot yoga in bed. Usually the sweating doesn’t happen until the fever breaks. 🤒🤕

I told Krista, “if I don’t make it, you have my permission to eat me. There’s no reason why this should take us both!”

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday: just shy of 6 oz. But an ounce and a half was the very dense Selects. So the calories were more inline with 7 oz. She will have to wait probably until dinner for Selects today. I don’t have it in me to thaw, serve, and wait for her to finish. Maybe later when the meds kick in. Or the fever breaks.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She ate a Selects medallion at second breakfast. It was 17 grams, worth 25 grams of Rawz turkey or 30 grams of rabbit and pumpkin. She's got all day to work on her second breakfast. But she's basically already banked half the calories.

Rylka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So glad the selects are working out! Here's hoping for a good weigh in Monday 🤞

Also just want to say I'm in awe of your tracking - I'm just starting food trials with my Frida and your work has taught me so much about what to pay attention to.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another solid poop! Pooping like a pro once more. Which is good because her interest in the rabbit and pumpkin seems to have run its course.

She also ate her first whole Stella and Chewy's Selects turkey medallion. After thawing it, it came out to 16 grams. Those 16 grams at 1.88 calories per gram are 30 calories. Those 16 grams are worth 23.5 grams of Rawz turkey. That's over half her dinner portion in one go. If she could eat two medallions in a meal, four times a day, that plus daytime and nighttime nibbles would be enough. I suspect we'll have to keep working some combination of raw and canned for some time. But I'm extremely satisfied with how excited she seems to be with the Selects.
*Excellent!* :goldstar:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rylka Rylka (not to hijack this thread, but...) Welcome!! Can you start a thread about your food trials? There are several things/links I'll post for you with additional help :). Here's how;

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She’s finished her day plate that had plenty of rabbit and pumpkin. I think by her singing now, she’s ready for anything I will plate her. I didn’t pack the feeders since I’m not going anywhere with this sick.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday: 7.4 oz for nearly 240 calories!

Today was a dosing day. I think it went well.

She’s already had most of two Selects medallions. Each medallion is about 18 grams and she gets through anywhere from 11 to 15 grams of that before pulling up. It’s a very meaty food once she licks away the moisture. And that means my toothless one gums at it for awhile before swallowing or flinging it.

No morning poop yet. I’m cooking breakfast right now. As soon as I’m ready to plate it, that’s when Murphy’s pooper will explode. This is why I don’t often cook at home.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Solid poop.

Twenty minutes later...

Another solid poop but a little softer.

She’s not pacing anymore. But there’s still something restless about her.

At least she’s making good progress on her second breakfast plate.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After spending most of yesterday in bed, under every blanket I had, the fever finally broke last night. If I thought I was sweating before...

Krista wasn’t really sleeping today. And she eats better at night. So I want her to sleep more during the day. I need to refresh my medicine and food stash. And also check in with how I’m feeling for returning to work. Need another day at home. 🤕😔 but at least she’s finally napping.

Status
Not open for further replies.