Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Prayers*, fingers crossed, and good thoughts for this to continue!!!
We had another solid poop.

And then a little soup.

And just when I thought it was safe to release her from poop jail, she left a chocolate chip on the carpet while I was taking out her pudding poop to the dumpster.

We were making solid progress so I’m going to stick to the plan. She seems to really go for the rabbit and pumpkin. I may slowly replace the feeder portions with the rabbit and pumpkin pate.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday: 6.89 oz. 3 grams shy of 7 oz.

From the remainders, it seems like she may prefer the rabbit and pumpkin. I’m going to shift the composition of her diet to 50/50 rabbit with pumpkin to turkey. The rabbit pate is denser and yet also a fluffier texture. Win-win for the toothless one!

It’s making me nervous that I may leave this morning before her poop. I may have to come back over lunch for cleanup. 🤦🏼‍♂️🙈

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday: 6.89 oz. 3 grams shy of 7 oz.

From the remainders, it seems like she may prefer the rabbit and pumpkin. I’m going to shift the composition of her diet to 50/50 rabbit with pumpkin to turkey. The rabbit pate is denser and yet also a fluffier texture. Win-win for the toothless one!

It’s making me nervous that I may leave this morning before her poop. I may have to come back over lunch for cleanup. 🤦🏼‍♂️🙈
Hoping there's no reason to do that, and it sounds like overall, Krista is doing pretty well!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sleeping with her head against the radiator. I’ve had both for nearly as long. They cuddle every winter. Neither has caught fire yet.
View attachment 309492
Cats are warmth freakies! Tarifa likes to laze in the bay window in the living room, where it gets very toasty in the hot seasons (which is almost all the time here in la-la land). I love cool weather. But hey, to each her own, right?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would spoon beside her hugging the radiator all day if I could.

Eh, who am I kidding?! I'd be bored of it in five minutes and my back would start hurting in two. It's a labor of love sometimes to remain on my back so Krista can get an oxy fix on my chest. Probably her third of the night.

It might be time to set the radiator to the next notch up, though. I'm not ready for November to finally start acting like November. 🥶"Bomb cyclone" is not a weather term that belongs in a California forecast. :doh:

I wish the radiator was smart-home capable. But I just love that radiator so much (and so does Krista!) that I don't think I could trust another like we do this one.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would spoon beside her hugging the radiator all day if I could.

Eh, who am I kidding?! I'd be bored of it in five minutes and my back would start hurting in two. It's a labor of love sometimes to remain on my back so Krista can get an oxy fix on my chest. Probably her third of the night.

It might be time to set the radiator to the next notch up, though. I'm not ready for November to finally start acting like November. 🥶"Bomb cyclone" is not a weather term that belongs in a California forecast. :doh:

I wish the radiator was smart-home capable. But I just love that radiator so much (and so does Krista!) that I don't think I could trust another like we do this one.
We have HVAC here, but it's too expensive for me to use. Fortunately, I'm getting roomies soon, and they will pay for that. I also have a portable electric radiator that they are going to use at times.
Yeah, "bomb" ANYTHING and "cyclone" ANYTHING are not terms I even want to think about. :sigh:
Have you ever tried a back brace? My chiro sold me one and I still use it when I'm REALLY sore. One of my vertebra is tipped and when it decides to make war on my spinal nerve(s) it's excruciating. The brace really helps. You can get them in drug stores.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have HVAC here, but it's too expensive for me to use. Fortunately, I'm getting roomies soon, and they will pay for that. I also have a portable electric radiator that they are going to use at times.
Yeah, "bomb" ANYTHING and "cyclone" ANYTHING are not terms I even want to think about. :sigh:
Have you ever tried a back brace? My chiro sold me one and I still use it when I'm REALLY sore. One of my vertebra is tipped and when it decides to make war on my spinal nerve(s) it's excruciating. The brace really helps. You can get them in drug stores.
My back pain is almost entirely postural. If I sit and stand correctly, my back doesn't hurt. And if I ate correctly, I wouldn't have the extra belly pounds tugging on my back. My parents keep asking me when I'm going to get a back surgery to relieve my pain. "When my pain is caused by something a surgery can fix." Surgery can't fix bad posture. I mean I suppose it could if they wanted to fuse my vertebrae or insert a rod or something. But as long as I'm still capable of yoga, running, stretching, and other exercise, that's what I'd prefer over a surgical "fix".

It seems silly. But I'd rather suffer until I'm sick of suffering than to use a palliative that will just cover it up. That said, I do like CBD topicals to rub that in and get some relief when it's acute. But I'm also getting sick of these stress pounds. I'll be resuming my diet soon. Maybe sooner than I thought since this is the second time in two weeks that my back has been bothering me like this.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My back pain is almost entirely postural. If I sit and stand correctly, my back doesn't hurt. And if I ate correctly, I wouldn't have the extra belly pounds tugging on my back. My parents keep asking me when I'm going to get a back surgery to relieve my pain. "When my pain is caused by something a surgery can fix." Surgery can't fix bad posture. I mean I suppose it could if they wanted to fuse my vertebrae or insert a rod or something. But as long as I'm still capable of yoga, running, stretching, and other exercise, that's what I'd prefer over a surgical "fix".

It seems silly. But I'd rather suffer until I'm sick of suffering than to use a palliative that will just cover it up. That said, I do like CBD topicals to rub that in and get some relief when it's acute. But I'm also getting sick of these stress pounds. I'll be resuming my diet soon. Maybe sooner than I thought since this is the second time in two weeks that my back has been bothering me like this.
My chiro says NEVER, EVER to get back surgery. Just FYI. Of course, consider the source, but I agree with him and with you on the subject of suffering. Hope you feel better soon! Exercise is such a great help for me for my back, too.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My chiro says NEVER, EVER to get back surgery. Just FYI. Of course, consider the source, but I agree with him and with you on the subject of suffering. Hope you feel better soon! Exercise is such a great help for me for my back, too.
Exercise is usually the best medicine. That’s why I try to keep Krista active too. We get in a couple minutes a few times a day with a wand mouse and the laser pointer. I’m sure it helps break up the monotony of eating, sleeping, and getting loved on. Rough life. 😹

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Solid 💩! 👍

Also now that we’re at 50/50, I can tell the rabbit and pumpkin is clearly preferred. I will continue with the transition for as long as I can keep her portions up. And for as long as the poops remain better than worse.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve been putting the rabbit-kin (rabbit pumpkin) and turkey side by side rather than mixing them together. She clearly prefers the rabbit-kin. She will eat the yeast layer off the turkey as I’m still giving her 1/4 s boulardii capsule 4 times a day. Then she’ll finish the rabbit portion. And when the rabbit is gone, then she’ll eat the turkey. This is over several trips to the plate. I decided I’ll try moving to 2:1 ratio already since I’ve seen a 50/50 poop and it was awesome. And I figure she’s seen plenty of the rabbit and pumpkin by now. If it was going to upset her, it would have already.

She’s scheduled to eat 6.25 oz and can burst up to 7.75 depending on how much of the feeder portions she eats. In other words, I fully expect her to match the 6.75 that she’s been averaging this week.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another solid 💩!

She’s pooping like a pro now. Like she hasn’t had the squirts for a month.

Shoot!

Some pudding followed about 20 minutes later. Almost formed.

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday: 7 oz! Two solid poops and a melting pudding pop. 😹

Before the clostridium this summer, Krista had very few poop problems. I considered us fortunate that her IBD was mainly of the vomit variety.

First breakfast she left all the turkey behind. To be fair though, the rabbit-kin came from a fresh can. But I wasn't going to break open a fresh turkey can for 10 grams. We'll make up the difference on the daytime where her portions are now mainly rabbit-kin.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday: 7 oz! Two solid poops and a melting pudding pop. 😹

Before the clostridium this summer, Krista had very few poop problems. I considered us fortunate that her IBD was mainly of the vomit variety.

First breakfast she left all the turkey behind. To be fair though, the rabbit-kin came from a fresh can. But I wasn't going to break open a fresh turkey can for 10 grams. We'll make up the difference on the daytime where her portions are now mainly rabbit-kin.
Seven ounces! That's excellent, Krista!
Yeah, we hate when that happens. :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.