Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score: 7 oz!

I didn't expect her to break 6 oz the way her day started. But I added extra rabbit to her feeder and second portions and it all added up.

Mirtaz dose this morning. I prepared the stock plate like above and the dose on my finger. I set the stock down. "What's this?" "Nom nom nom!" And then the wet willy! She ran across the room and gave me such a look of betrayal. I picked up the stock and brought it to her. She got over it quickly enough.

And just like that, her first breakfast is cleared by half!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First breakfast gone! Second breakfast, I decided to change out the rabbit can which was going on day number three. I put down her usual 30 grams of turkey and an extra 10 g of rabbit. Well, fresh rabbit (fresh from the can anyway) beats her favorite—it is already gone! 😻

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First breakfast gone! Second breakfast, I decided to change out the rabbit can which was going on day number three. I put down her usual 30 grams of turkey and an extra 10 g of rabbit. Well, fresh rabbit (fresh from the can anyway) beats her favorite—it is already gone! 😻
*SNORK it up, Krista!*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
D1977770-0FE1-4F62-8370-BCA7FF6147F1.jpeg
Waiting her out in poop jail. 😿

She almost seemed ready. But when she went to crouch, “nope! I have more poop!” 💩😿

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shoot! I feared this might happen. All that straining and she’s given back her dinner. Now she has poopy butt and barf paw. 😿

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess we file that one under "it" happens :sigh:
She put it and the next two or three after in a box. She knows what to do if I take away the carpet option. She’s a good girl. With a tortitude.

Just as she has tells for when she needs to be put in poop jail. She also has tells for when she’s ready to come out. When she can sit or crouch again, that’s fairly safe to release her.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found Rawz Rabbit with Pumpkin. I like it because it’s still a decent amount of calories at 1.07 per gram. But more importantly, Krista likes it. Not only did she devour a half ounce, she came into the kitchen audibly crying for more. Since she probably did give back most of dinner with what seems like constipation poops and barfing from the effort, I decided to give her another half ounce which she reduced by half right away. Hopefully, it treats her as well as she seems to enjoy it. I will also reduce the s boulardii from half capsule 4 times a day to quarter capsule, same frequency.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I gave her some stock because that’s easy hydration right there. We will wait til next dinner in 30 minutes or so. This way we can reset with known portions. I think I overestimated how much dinner she threw up and underestimated the introduction of a new food—even though she’s had Rawz rabbit. And she’s had pumpkin. She just hasn’t had this recipe. We’ll go slower. She’ll get half portions on the overnight and I don’t keep score after she barfs. She will eat what she can or feels like eating tonight and tomorrow. We can resume in earnest on Monday. No sense in rushing this new food if she can’t keep it down.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I gave her some stock because that’s easy hydration right there. We will wait til next dinner in 30 minutes or so. This way we can reset with known portions. I think I overestimated how much dinner she threw up and underestimated the introduction of a new food—even though she’s had Rawz rabbit. And she’s had pumpkin. She just hasn’t had this recipe. We’ll go slower. She’ll get half portions on the overnight and I don’t keep score after she barfs. She will eat what she can or feels like eating tonight and tomorrow. We can resume in earnest on Monday. No sense in rushing this new food if she can’t keep it down.
*Easy and gradually does it*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I performed a successful tree transplant. Cats being cats, she usually doesn’t accept the new tree. But I needed to leave her to an afternoon of sleeping and eating. And I prefer to shut her out of the office while I’m away. Not that I don’t trust her. But I want her sleeping in the same room as the food. I want her to pass the food between trips to the litterbox. Not that I want her taking too many of those. So I scooped a peaceful Krista from the office tree, and placed a wriggling Krista in the front room tree. And it took! Sleep, eat, and poop well while I’m gone. She’ll be due while I’m out. I’ve just resigned myself to cleaning the carpet tonight. 🤦🏼‍♂️😔

Unless perhaps the rabbit and pumpkin pate and yeast reduction changes take like I’m hoping...

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I performed a successful tree transplant. Cats being cats, she usually doesn’t accept the new tree. But I needed to leave her to an afternoon of sleeping and eating. And I prefer to shut her out of the office while I’m away. Not that I don’t trust her. But I want her sleeping in the same room as the food. I want her to pass the food between trips to the litterbox. Not that I want her taking too many of those. So I scooped a peaceful Krista from the office tree, and placed a wriggling Krista in the front room tree. And it took! Sleep, eat, and poop well while I’m gone. She’ll be due while I’m out. I’ve just resigned myself to cleaning the carpet tonight. 🤦🏼‍♂️😔

Unless perhaps the rabbit and pumpkin pate and yeast reduction changes take like I’m hoping...
So you're one of those fellow cat geeks who works 365 days a year, too? I couldn't miss a day, myself. Hoping you do NOT have any carpet surprises upon return!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So you're one of those fellow cat geeks who works 365 days a year, too? I couldn't miss a day, myself. Hoping you do NOT have any carpet surprises upon return!
No, sometimes I can take weekends off. Usually I can. I check my email in the morning to make sure nothing's on fire and nobody is waiting for an answer. I try to leave in the afternoons because that's Krista's sleeping time. And eating between sleeping. If I don't leave in the afternoons (even on the weekends), she finds me a lot more interesting and distracting than food. It's sweet. But sweet doesn't put the pounds back on. If I don't let her sleep during the day, she'll sleep during the night. And nighttime is her peak eating time. I indulge her oxy(tocin) fixes several times a night because I know she'll climb off of me to eat once she's full up. ("That was great, honey, now fix me a sandwich!")

I still plan my schedule around how to maximize her eating.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, sometimes I can take weekends off. Usually I can. I check my email in the morning to make sure nothing's on fire and nobody is waiting for an answer. I try to leave in the afternoons because that's Krista's sleeping time. And eating between sleeping. If I don't leave in the afternoons (even on the weekends), she finds me a lot more interesting and distracting than food. It's sweet. But sweet doesn't put the pounds back on. If I don't let her sleep during the day, she'll sleep during the night. And nighttime is her peak eating time. I indulge her oxy(tocin) fixes several times a night because I know she'll climb off of me to eat once she's full up. ("That was great, honey, now fix me a sandwich!")

I still plan my schedule around how to maximize her eating.
I couldn't get through a day without working. Of course I work at home, so I always get my cat fix. ;)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Monday morning weigh-in: 7.0 or 7.1.

We have found the bottom!

Last week’s goal was a minimum of 4 oz a day with a burst of 6 or more. This week’s goal will be a minimum of 5-6 per day with burst up to 8 or 9. The burst will come from feeder portions and tweener snacks (between meals snack.)

I’m not sure how much of this morning’s Mirtaz she got and how much she squirmed out of at the last moment. I ended up with a small amount on my finger. Not the entire dose but some of it. I can jab her with a B12 tomorrow and do the Mirtaz again in two mornings (Wed.)

Status
Not open for further replies.