Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Mrrrrrowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!*:runningcat:
My two favorite 'things' are cats and IT, in that order of course, and one is as distracting as the other IMHO. :bliss:
Add craft beer and that’s my top three.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just about ready to leave for work. And she leaps into my lap. I call her IPA because she’s got all the hops. So I’m stuck here until she’s had her fill. 🤦🏼‍♂️😔😻😹

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday was 6.7 ounces! And three pudding poops. But no carpet bombings. And this is why I don't lay down poopy pads. It's not an everyday or every poop occurrence.

Understandably, between the extra ounce of food yesterday (I plated the same but she ate more of the feeders), and the morning pudding poop, she was a little slower on the first breakfast uptake. She still managed all but 4 grams of it. She did get a 6 gram "medicine meal" last night. It all works out. She also got a couple spoonfuls of stock. Hopefully those treat her better than "the dirt". We can try rabbit in the feeder portions on Friday.

Second breakfast is laid out and she's already laid out under the bookcase after her final push on first breakfast. She's got all day to finish second breakfast.
Krista is very glad that "he" knows about Second Breakfast :cutecat:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She should be but she's being very slow on the uptake. She does have five more hours and two feeders to remind her that there's still a lot of food on the plate.

The old gal is still full of hops and mischief having waited til I was on the throne for her to jump on the stove. I got a little complacent cleaning up after myself on that counter thinking she wasn't jumping there anymore. The little booger is probably full of stomach upset if she licked a pan or utensil from my breakfast this morning.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She should be but she's being very slow on the uptake. She does have five more hours and two feeders to remind her that there's still a lot of food on the plate.

The old gal is still full of hops and mischief having waited til I was on the throne for her to jump on the stove. I got a little complacent cleaning up after myself on that counter thinking she wasn't jumping there anymore. The little booger is probably full of stomach upset if she licked a pan or utensil from my breakfast this morning.
Uh-oh!!! *Bad cat* :devilcat::devilcat2::catrub:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uh-oh!!! *Bad cat* :devilcat::devilcat2::catrub:
I’d been warned. This was her just a few weeks ago (in the hotel before her dental procedure.)
E7EA463C-D027-4D1A-99E2-52A758B7FA71.jpeg
It’s my fault for getting lax.

It’s a good thing she’s been nibbling. First feeder is taking its sweet time opening. I thought it would open at 1:30. Maybe it’s not going to open until 2:30. At least she’s spending the afternoon in the tree rather than under the bookcase.

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like she’s nearly caught up on the eating. The plate is looking nearly empty and she’s been eating from each feeder. Now the big question is whether the boxes will hold until I get home. I may have to deploy a third box (with the other two, not in my living room) until she becomes a more infrequent pooper again.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’d been warned. This was her just a few weeks ago (in the hotel before her dental procedure.)
View attachment 308660
It’s my fault for getting lax.

It’s a good thing she’s been nibbling. First feeder is taking its sweet time opening. I thought it would open at 1:30. Maybe it’s not going to open until 2:30. At least she’s spending the afternoon in the tree rather than under the bookcase.
So, a nice surprise for you both (hopefully) :cutecat::catlove:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s like some kind of math problem to solve where the rules and variables keep changing.

Given,
Calories per gram of food,
Target calories (if I ask four vets, I’ll probably get five numbers),
Grams Krista can eat in a serving (and keep down),

I crunch these numbers and get the number of meals I need to feed her. I have found that although she can eat every two hours, it’s best to have four scheduled meals and use the feeders to fill in the gaps. I plan her calories around the four scheduled meals and allow her to eat more with the feeder portions.

Right now, her four scheduled meals are 6am, 9am, 6pm and 10pm. Often these are as much as a thirty minutes earlier than that with as much as an hour delay between first and second breakfast depending on how hard I am trying to get into office before 11am.

As for amounts, I am plating 30 grams for each scheduled meal. And each feeder gets 16 g. I know she likes to leave a gram or two on the plate or share it with the carpet. So I plate a little extra. Basically she’s scheduled for four ounces and can burst to six if she’s hungry enough.

That’s how I meal plan for her. A lot more time and thought goes into her meals than my own. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s like some kind of math problem to solve where the rules and variables keep changing.

Given,
Calories per gram of food,
Target calories (if I ask four vets, I’ll probably get five numbers),
Grams Krista can eat in a serving (and keep down),

I crunch these numbers and get the number of meals I need to feed her. I have found that although she can eat every two hours, it’s best to have four scheduled meals and use the feeders to fill in the gaps. I plan her calories around the four scheduled meals and allow her to eat more with the feeder portions.

Right now, her four scheduled meals are 6am, 9am, 6pm and 10pm. Often these are as much as a thirty minutes earlier than that with as much as an hour delay between first and second breakfast depending on how hard I am trying to get into office before 11am.

As for amounts, I am plating 30 grams for each scheduled meal. And each feeder gets 16 g. I know she likes to leave a gram or two on the plate or share it with the carpet. So I plate a little extra. Basically she’s scheduled for four ounces and can burst to six if she’s hungry enough.

That’s how I meal plan for her. A lot more time and thought goes into her meals than my own. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹
Yeah, that's the thing with vets. They're a lot like...other people. YOU know Krista best (besides Krista, of course!) and as for the planning, *she's WORTH IT* right? Right! :catlove: She's just adorable! And never a dull moment with her...add in unconditional loyalty and love, and she's the BEST!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I didn’t stick around quite long enough time. Still glad I stopped home first though. I needed to clear out this afternoon’s cow pie so she could leave a puddle poop not ten minutes after I finished up first dinner duties with her and left for my own dinner. 🐈💩😹

She’ll get more stock and a medicine meal with yeast and no dirt when I get home again. Sooner than later now. 🤦🏼‍♂️

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t know why I even try with the grooming wipes. She’d rather climb into my lap with her barf paws and stand on one in my lap while she cleans the other. Then switch. Then she goes back to sitting on my laptop and I have barf crumbs to pick out of my lap. So this is love? 😻🤦🏼‍♂️

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2am puddle poop. It was 6:30pm since the last. 7.5 hours. I’d like twelve hours between them at least. I’d also like her to not have them at all. And to not eat grease off the stove. I’m trying not to put too much worry in today’s litter boxes in light of her counter surfing yesterday morning.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday was 5.25 oz. I'll take that.

Mirtaz dose given. Next dose is Saturday. I need a wall calendar or something easier to maintain that reminds me dose days and off days.

I tried mixing rabbit with the turkey portion in the feeders last night. She ate most of a feeder like that but didn't touch the second one. Still, I know Krista conducts her own slow introductions. That she ate most of that first portion is enough to tell me to try it again. I trust the rabbit portions in the feeders because they aren't as moist.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Final score yesterday was 5.25 oz. I'll take that.

Mirtaz dose given. Next dose is Saturday. I need a wall calendar or something easier to maintain that reminds me dose days and off days.

I tried mixing rabbit with the turkey portion in the feeders last night. She ate most of a feeder like that but didn't touch the second one. Still, I know Krista conducts her own slow introductions. That she ate most of that first portion is enough to tell me to try it again. I trust the rabbit portions in the feeders because they aren't as moist.
When you combine a turkey and a rabbit, what do you get?
A hobbler, of course:crackup:
Hoping Krista's digestion will stabilize soon! That's aggravating for you and undoubtedly uncomfortable for her.:sigh: I always say cats are so loving, loyal, lovely, and close to perfect that they do not deserve ANY problems of ANY kind.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you combine a turkey and a rabbit, what do you get?
A hobbler, of course:crackup:
Hoping Krista's digestion will stabilize soon! That's aggravating for you and undoubtedly uncomfortable for her.:sigh: I always say cats are so loving, loyal, lovely, and close to perfect that they do not deserve ANY problems of ANY kind.
Well, this cat is having an eating problem this morning. She ate half of first breakfast and half of a 10 gram rabbit offering. She tried to do my dishes. I think she got one lick in before I got to her because she did the "get that taste out of my mouth" licking shortly after her head dipped into the sink. She's about 1/4 ounce behind this morning. I added an extra quarter ounce of rabbit to her second breakfast and packed the feeder portions just a touch fatter. I'm assuming/guessing the Mirtaz comes on with a rush and it's after the rush that she feels like eating. I'm going to trust her and the Mirtaz. In any case, less food in means less pudding to poop out later. Maybe a slower day is what her gut and butt require after so much pudding poops the last few days.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, this cat is having an eating problem this morning. She ate half of first breakfast and half of a 10 gram rabbit offering. She tried to do my dishes. I think she got one lick in before I got to her because she did the "get that taste out of my mouth" licking shortly after her head dipped into the sink. She's about 1/4 ounce behind this morning. I added an extra quarter ounce of rabbit to her second breakfast and packed the feeder portions just a touch fatter. I'm assuming/guessing the Mirtaz comes on with a rush and it's after the rush that she feels like eating. I'm going to trust her and the Mirtaz. In any case, less food in means less pudding to poop out later. Maybe a slower day is what her gut and butt require after so much pudding poops the last few days.
*Makes sense to me!*;) Some other information you undoubtedly already know, or if not, FYI:

When your cat turns her nose up at the food you place in front of her, don't feel bad. First of all, you're not alone — cats around the world are picky eaters. In fact, the seemingly snobby behavior may be hardwired into a feline's brain.
And rather than judging food on its smell, taste and feel, cats may be doing some math, albeit instinctually, in their heads. That's because they need foods with a 1 to 0.4 ratio of protein to fat, according to a study published in June 2016 in the journal Royal Society Open Science. "Given that the foods contained negligible energy from carbohydrate, this would equate to approximately 50 percent of total daily energy intake from protein and 50 percent from fat," the researchers wrote in the paper. How your cat can detect this nutrient ratio remains a mystery … for now.

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Makes sense to me!*;) Some other information you undoubtedly already know, or if not, FYI:

When your cat turns her nose up at the food you place in front of her, don't feel bad. First of all, you're not alone — cats around the world are picky eaters. In fact, the seemingly snobby behavior may be hardwired into a feline's brain.
And rather than judging food on its smell, taste and feel, cats may be doing some math, albeit instinctually, in their heads. That's because they need foods with a 1 to 0.4 ratio of protein to fat, according to a study published in June 2016 in the journal Royal Society Open Science. "Given that the foods contained negligible energy from carbohydrate, this would equate to approximately 50 percent of total daily energy intake from protein and 50 percent from fat," the researchers wrote in the paper. How your cat can detect this nutrient ratio remains a mystery … for now.
The turkey is nearly 60% fat by calories. That's kinda the reason I'm trying to mix in some rabbit. But she's having little of it. She may be a fussy eater sometimes but she still loves her turkey best.

She cleared the second breakfast turkey portion by half just before I left. So she has all day to finish that plate, plus the bonus rabbit 1/3 portion and the feeders.

She once again waited until I was "indisposed" before she went on a raiding mission on the stovetop counter. Smart girl! I had already cleared that counter of any dishes, trivets, utensils, or grease from my breakfast. Smarter guardian!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The turkey is nearly 60% fat by calories. That's kinda the reason I'm trying to mix in some rabbit. But she's having little of it. She may be a fussy eater sometimes but she still loves her turkey best.

She cleared the second breakfast turkey portion by half just before I left. So she has all day to finish that plate, plus the bonus rabbit 1/3 portion and the feeders.

She once again waited until I was "indisposed" before she went on a raiding mission on the stovetop counter. Smart girl! I had already cleared that counter of any dishes, trivets, utensils, or grease from my breakfast. Smarter guardian!
*Don't believe it. She'll wait until your defenses are down again, and when you least expect it, she'll get ya.*:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.