Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinniesMomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hope her barfs lessen and you can keep what's left of your bonus!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! This was a three litterbox night! I only have two. We made it though. Carpet and walls are still clean.

She pooped the first box and I burgled that quick! Then she went back and peed the other. Then she went back and pooped the first again. A little softer than the first. Is it weird that I know her poops from her pees by how much time she spends diggging after?

We made it through the three litterbox night and she didn’t get a poopfoot!
:yess::petcat:

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it weird that I know her poops from her pees by how much time she spends diggging after?
Nope! I know when all three of mine are pooping because they go digdigdig...digdig...DIGDIGDIGDIG...dig...dig....dig...and finally poop. Pee is just in and out. Lol!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh! I can’t tell if that dark spot on the camera is a new barf puddle. I don’t want to come home to that. :(

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To be fair, it’s more that this would be third barf in as many days that concerns me than having to clean another barf off the carpet. Then again...if this is regurg. like this morning, maybe I write off the remainder of the can and start her with a new can when I get home tonight. Maybe I do that anyway and start her with a half portion when I get home. Maybe I finish my beer and not worry about it until I get home.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was a barf. A barf and an aftershock. :(

We’ll give turkey a rest. She tore into rabbit for several bites and then pulled up woefully early. Better not push it. I’ll let her decide how much she wants to eat tonight. Maybe let hunger play in our favor. Anyway, she’s only getting half servings tonight since a rabbit serving every couple of weeks does not make a rotation.

And she’s back nibbling for more. :)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess she was self-regulating. After that first half ounce, she’s convinced. She nearly polished off a 3/4 oz serving in one go. That’s the best first pass I’ve seen from her in a not-the-start-of-the-can portion in a long time. Maybe we’ll actually make it through the rabbit can. I’d better go pick up some more tomorrow.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Judging from the clean plates, I think she has a new favorite!
:clapcat:

I also found her counter surfing.

"Congratulations! You get to ride the furry forklift to an early weigh-in."

Furry forklift is when I put one arm in front of her and one behind her and press gently. The mild compression gives her good enough support without being uncomfortable. I can carry her like this all day long without objection. It works really well for lifting her off counters because she's already at the perfect height for this.

As for the weigh-in, stable @ 7.7. What's it going to take to gain?

At least another b-12 shot, I'm sure. She's due again this weekend. If she's done barfing, I will have to do it. But if she's determined to get herself a Kwikvet, then they can be the villain. The next time we need to a simple exam visit, I'm going to try to bring a Kwikvet to the home rather than taking the traveling hissy poopy pants show on the road.

Clean plate, fish flakes, counter surf, furry forklift, her feedngs are always a flurry of activity and then she's settled in under the bookcase for the morning.
:dizzycat:

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We finished the can! When did we start? About 8 pm yesterday? So she’ll be at about six, six and a half ounces today when I start the new can for dinner. But the rabbit is fewer calories. But she’s eating it more readily. First things first. Let’s make sure no barf or poop issues. Still waiting on the poop.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We started the last can at 7 or 8 last night? She's already finished it. I'll start a new can for her in an hour or so. She wants it now. It's like she can read what I'm typing from across the room.

"Krista, why is your paw wet? Do I have to go looking for a puddle or pile?"

Grooming likely because I don't see any new puddles or piles.

Yesterday was intense. She loved the rabbit but she was having a terrible time scratching her ear and head shaking. I dreaded and feared that she might be allergic to rabbit. But aside from the head shaking and ear scratching, she was acting better on rabbit than turkey. So I decided to press on into the next can. And I'm glad I did. Whatever that was yesterday seems to have resolved itself. I don't see any of that head shaking and ear scratching. She seems more relaxed and actually wants to sleep in the sun instead of under the bookcase. And she's cleaning the plate much quicker. Maybe we try larger portions later this week.

The challenge this week, I want to reduce how much tuna flakes I give her. I suspect these are causing her bonus poops. Since she is eating rabbit more readily, I don't need the mid-meal hunt that's included a dusting of flakes on the remaining food. I also think she might enjoy or rather, I hope she enjoys fewer locations with flakes after meals but one or two daily jackpots to keep the hunt worth it.

She's sitting just outside the office right now waiting for me to feed her again. Yes, my little fur pig. As you wish!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista's checks from Trupanion came yesterday. I deposited them this morning. I receive a new box spring I purchased on Sunday today. Tonight I will order the new bed.

Tried a homeopathic (T-Relief for arthritis) with Krista and I think maybe I tried too much too soon. I didn't think homeopathics would be strong enough to cause a reaction. But she got bonus poops and a couple of barfs last night. Just when I thought her rabbit grudge was clearing up because she finally finished her portion from earlier this morning, she gave it back just now. :( So she gets the day to eat or not eat as she pleases. I won't offer any more food until she comes singing for it. And I think we'll try a half portion of duck rather than asking her to eat the food she's barfed twice in 24 hours.

I also think she has a tuna sensitivity. I've reduced how much tuna flakes I offer her and she doesn't have as much head shaking, ear scratching, less stink face, and even seems to have more energy again. So maybe a bunch of her discomfort has been the tuna flakes. Sad because she really enjoys them. But if cutting them out or reducing them makes her feel better overall, we'll just have to figure out how to reduce or replace them.

I don't get it. She just barfed and she's sitting there like, "I could eat again." Convince me harder!

Besides, I haven't even finished cleaning up your barf as I wait for the cleaner to soak....

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Convince me harder, you say?"

She just jumped in my lap.
:dancingblackcat:
"I still haven't cleaned your barf"

:purr:
"Okay, maybe some cuddles, then I clean, then we feed."

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL I had that the other day, he returned some fancy feast, I'd barely gotten it cleaned up and he said ok mom, what's on the menu?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, that's a relief!

She just demolished a half ounce of Rawz duck like I never feed her. So maybe duck is her new favorite.
:clapcat:

If it stays with her... That's why she only gets a half portion.

And now we wait...

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a casserole dish of failed fish flakes. Those that are too small or the powder and dust that I wouldn’t put in her trees. Not unless I want her to literally inhale them. *snorgle* *sneeze!*
FF9383FE-F10F-48A1-A189-82947140AA44.jpeg

I consolidated my collection of aborted bags (when all the good flakes have been set out and eaten.). I save this to powder over food when I need the extra bribe punch.

And this is a dejected Krista who couldn’t cute enough flakes out of me. I’m trying to put her on a flake diet to test my sensitivity theory.
0357F4C5-DD1A-4648-9D74-1CADCF0CDF4E.jpeg

Except she did get a few more flakes than I should have given her. And now she’s stink-faced or squint sleep. It’s possible it’s the switch to duck. But she wasn’t like this earlier when she wasn’t begging for flakes. When the duck was enough.
image.jpg

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's such a booger!

She pulls up 1/2 to 1/4 plate short and sits expectantly at the edge of the kitchen. I'm not even in the kitchen. The kitchen is dark. She gives me a plaintive meow.
:whiskers:
"I'm not even supposed to be doing this because you probably have a sensitivity. That means these flakes cause gut and butt stuff. Oh alright. Here's one. Come up to the top step to get it from me."
:dancingblackcat:
I have cat stairs that lead to nowhere by the front door because she doesn't use them where I put them. But what I did learn is that if I put a flake on the top step, that brings her right into head petting range when I walk through the door.
:petcat:

Having had her one flake, she went back to her food and finished the plate.

Does anyone else insist that every meal be a three course affair with dessert in the middle? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.