Good thoughts and potentially a good plan. Agree about the new vets matter. But can see validity to last thought. *GRRRRRRRRRRRRR* on first paragraph, but again, you're right. *They'd just better not do that again.*The plot thickens!
I see in the lab report emailed to me yesterday that it was received via fax on Friday evening. That means instead of calling me in the morning when I could have come down to pick up medicine, my vet waited until after hours on Saturday when Krista would have until Monday. I don't know why she did that. But let's get through this first before we point fingers or pick fights.
I've been reading about iatrogenic hyperadrenocorticism (drug-induced Cushing's disease) and that sounds like when it looks like diabetes, but it's not. So that's another thing to ask the doctor about today or tonight. This is the reason why I wanted to get her off the steroids in the first place. It's causing more problems than it's fixing now. But we need a path from here to there and daily steroids even at a lower dose isn't it.
I don't want to start over with new vets. Especially in this Covid age where I wouldn't even meet a new doctor. It would be a drop off, phone call, and a pickup. However, when she gets through this infection business, I will look into getting her a specialist for her long-term IBD/lymphoma/steroids management.
Doc said my antibiotic substitution is good. I’m grateful to have this stuff compounded already. And so far, I’m not seeing the same reaction she had to the duck flavor.Oh baby Krista!
Did the vet say anything about the antibiotics? Are you giving the one they recommended? (Sorry tried fully following and got lost)
How long before the antibiotics start to kick in and kill infection? Can they do any injectable antibiotics for her... IM or IV is always faster acting than oral.
Sending you and Krista strength!!Doc said my antibiotic substitution is good. I’m grateful to have this stuff compounded already. And so far, I’m not seeing the same reaction she had to the duck flavor.
I don’t know that we should try to rush the antibiotics right now. The doc said her dehydration is more important. Her compounded antibiotic is a bit stronger dose already than what they gave me.
I may have to syringe feed her though if she’s not going to get up to eat. I do have transdermal mirtazapine too.
In the encouraging signs department, she managed to get into the box twice last night to poop rather pooping in a corner or where she lay. For what little balance and mobility she has right now, that remains worth the effort to her. We’re only two doses into her treatment. But her poops remain a good quality. Hopefully she’ll still want to put them in a box if and when the softer antibiotic poops show up.
I just dropped her off. The doc isn’t very hopeful. She called me to tell me that she’s suffering and probably dying. I told her I already spent my time with her in the car. Now if there’s a chance she can recover, do what needs to be done.Doesn't the vet have any idea as to what might be going on? Do you have her hospitalized?
My heartfelt *PRAYERS* go up for her, and for you. You are both in my thoughts.I just dropped her off. The doc isn’t very hopeful. She called me to tell me that she’s suffering and probably dying. I told her I already spent my time with her in the car. Now if there’s a chance she can recover, do what needs to be done.
I’m not ready to say goodbye. But I think I just did.