Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
5:45: 💩👍

A couple of baby carrot remainders that didn’t squeeze out the first time. Just as perfect as the first round.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's getting around SO much better!

That's really awesome to see.

That's one tough cat you got there!
She's still not jumping except to the bed. Half the time, she makes it about halfway up and climbs the rest. Aside from that one time yesterday, she's not jumping into my lap anymore or coming up to the desk or kitchen counter. She can still shake herself off her feet. But yes, she is moving a lot better these days.

She sure is tough! With everything she's been through, she may be immortal. She may outlive us all.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
7:30 am: 💩👍

At least that's when I found it. It may have been there from anytime after my last poop hunt at 5am. Looked great. Seems a little small though. We may have a remainder round. Probably right before my 11am call. 😸

This is going to be a long stretch until lunch. Thursdays start earlier for me which means her second breakfast comes earlier. And she has to wait longer until lunch. Good thing she left a few crumbs on her plate to come back to later. 😼

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She licked the back of my leg while I was prepping her afternoon snack just now. Clearly I'm just following her lead for the love and care of this kitty. 😻
That's a true show of affection and gratitude! Baby Su did that to me when I woke up this morning, protractedly. I thought, "What did I do, before I even feed you, to deserve this?" :hearthrob: :bicolorcat::hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I spoke with Krista's doc and we're going to try tapering her pred. If she still seems like she's losing weight or not gaining weight, I will bring her in. But I would love to see her taking naps during the day again and not spending most of her days trying to make it from one meal to the next.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I spoke with Krista's doc and we're going to try tapering her pred. If she still seems like she's losing weight or not gaining weight, I will bring her in. But I would love to see her taking naps during the day again and not spending most of her days trying to make it from one meal to the next.
Heartfelt *PRAYERS* for success (and weight gain!) :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heartfelt *PRAYERS* for success (and weight gain!) :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob:
I would love weight gain. At this point, though, I just want her to cool it with the wanting to eat all the time and not sleeping anymore during the day. She spends all day either sitting sentry in front of the food dish, sitting sentry in the office passively implying, "I could eat", or actively pestering me for her next meal. It seems like she only gets two hours of satiety and then spends the next hour before her next meal pestering me. I just want her to act like a senior cat again and sleep to her cat rock most of the day and then eat between naps. Cats are supposed to sleep after they eat. But she only sleeps at night now and even then, I'm not certain she's sleeping all that much given how much sooner each feed me song and dance comes around.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love weight gain. At this point, though, I just want her to cool it with the wanting to eat all the time and not sleeping anymore during the day. She spends all day either sitting sentry in front of the food dish, sitting sentry in the office passively implying, "I could eat", or actively pestering me for her next meal. It seems like she only gets two hours of satiety and then spends the next hour before her next meal pestering me. I just want her to act like a senior cat again and sleep to her cat rock most of the day and then eat between naps. Cats are supposed to sleep after they eat. But she only sleeps at night now and even then, I'm not certain she's sleeping all that much given how much sooner each feed me song and dance comes around.
Yeah, it's been a tough row to hoe for her. So it's high time she has some really good times, in comfort and happiness. Cat rock sounds great, and some drowsies!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
5:30 pm: 💩👍

Her evening poops are the best! And I’m loving how she’s more or less pooping predictably perfect and polite poops. Even when the aroma wafts through the apartment, it’s a very mild odor. Like, “when you get a chance, no rush, but there’s a poop waiting to be burgled here. Please and thank you!” 😹

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
10 am: 💩👍

She buried it this time! She's been doing bomb-and-go runs the last month or so. It's a big deal to me that she took the time to bury it this time. That's pretty much the last missing criteria to being able to leave her unpoopervised. Not that I intend to return to the physical office anytime soon.

I understand that twelve hours is not enough to judge. But so far so good on the tapered dose. Still eating and pooping like a champ but she may even take a nap today. Probably not though. Fridays the landscapers come and make horrible noises for most of the day. 😡

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
10 am: 💩👍

She buried it this time! She's been doing bomb-and-go runs the last month or so. It's a big deal to me that she took the time to bury it this time. That's pretty much the last missing criteria to being able to leave her unpoopervised. Not that I intend to return to the physical office anytime soon.

I understand that twelve hours is not enough to judge. But so far so good on the tapered dose. Still eating and pooping like a champ but she may even take a nap today. Probably not though. Fridays the landscapers come and make horrible noises for most of the day. 😡
But so far, so good!

Status
Not open for further replies.