Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lamb isn't one of the available flavors. I also don't know that she liked it that much. I think she took a few bites from Ziwi and wasn't impressed. If anything, it was probably the tripe that brought her to the plate. She loves the lamb tripe treats I give her. About the only treats I can give her now that fish flakes are off the menu. They are soft enough for a toothless cat to gum and gnaw on into swallowable bits.

I'm still waiting on today's poop to see where we're at before deciding. But I'm leaning towards trying the bacon flavor instead. I have one pill left. That's four doses. If I can crush those into food and get her off the duck for four days, I could see if it is the duck protein.
*Hoping and praying for success! and for isolating the problem protein*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Hoping and praying for success! and for isolating the problem protein*
I wish I could order a flavor flight for her. We're talking about such a small amount of medicine (0.15 mL) because I get it concentrated that 1 mL in a few different flavors would give us almost a week's worth to try in each flavor until we find one she likes to take and treats her right. If the bacon doesn't work out, I'll ask the doc if we can coordinate with Wedgewood to try several 1 mL prescriptions.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I could order a flavor flight for her. We're talking about such a small amount of medicine (0.15 mL) because I get it concentrated that 1 mL in a few different flavors would give us almost a week's worth to try in each flavor until we find one she likes to take and treats her right. If the bacon doesn't work out, I'll ask the doc if we can coordinate with Wedgewood to try several 1 mL prescriptions.
Yeah. And cats, like people, get tired of the same thing day in, day out. That's why my cats' diet is so varied. Even so, they get tired of stuff sometimes. Like right now. :sigh:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah. And cats, like people, get tired of the same thing day in, day out. That's why my cats' diet is so varied. Even so, they get tired of stuff sometimes. Like right now. :sigh:
Krista doesn't have a choice. We're pretty much down to rabbit pate. If she stops liking that, we're screwed. But she also gets the pred wet willy each day and that keeps her munchies up.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Frankenstein’s cat.
33A8876E-3F2A-49B0-919F-21E8541D1D52.jpeg

As I told her last year after the feeding tube was removed,

“If you want a neck tattoo, now is the time to get one.”

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A puddle of all soup 🍲 and no poop 💩 12 hours earlier than I was expecting 🙀 tells me the little bit of s. boulardii I skipped in her lunch today was doing more than I thought it was.

Sadly, I just put a little more in second dinner instead of giving her butt a chance to catch up by itself. 🤦‍♂️ Maybe I’ll change out the remainder since she didn’t get very far. I think she’s totally sick of the stuff after last year’s clostridium.

On the plus side, I don’t have to wait another day to get feedback on skipping the yeast. I’ll swap out the remainder and we’ll start fresh tomorrow morning with the crushed pill and not have to worry about the yeast effect as well. Also, one soup box with no bonus or remainder. I think I should give her a chance to firm that up.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On the one hand, it would seem she made pretty good progress on that plate. On the other, the big pile of food in front of the plate suggests she may have spit out more than she swallowed. 🤦🏼‍♂️

I gave her a yeast-free half portion to come back to when she’s hungry again. She’s currently in the office in her pillow nest. 😻

This is her enjoying it earlier today.
236A6D82-0C91-4D94-A49C-64AEAA65947D.jpeg

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's making good progress on second breakfast with the pill crushed in. Although she may also be spitting out the bits that don't taste right. I didn't thoroughly watch her. But there is a mess of food before the plate. I'm so glad I bought her a place mat. That's cut down on the carpet food significantly.

Anyway, I'd rather she eat less than a full dose of the crushed pill than a full dose of the inflammatory compounded formula. The antibiotic doesn't matter so much if she's still battling inflammation. Let's see how this goes for a few days. I may have to call the hospital and get a couple more pills until the new formula arrives.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve had this tree for a year and a half. It was supposed to be something she could use while she had Horners and couldn’t get around well.
B0C5E1DC-25D2-4357-89E9-C476324D4217.jpeg
While I prefer she didn’t have a second coming of vestibular disorder, it seems she finally found its merits.
145474D6-4696-459B-8E47-83CAA55CB053.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve had this tree for a year and a half. It was supposed to be something she could use while she had Horners and couldn’t get around well.
View attachment 341421
While I prefer she didn’t have a second coming of vestibular disorder, it seems she finally found its merits.
View attachment 341420
It's nice! And it's always reassuring to have a place to curl up in and feel secure. Does she ever use the puzzle toy? I got two of these a long time ago and they got used mostly by kittens.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's nice! And it's always reassuring to have a place to curl up in and feel secure. Does she ever use the puzzle toy? I got two of these a long time ago and they got used mostly by kittens.
The puzzle box is part of the larger office tree. She never showed any interest in it. Except a couple times when I stuffed a fish flake inside.

I tried to put her Assisi Loop on the platform above her hide hole. I don't know if she just had her fill of the hole or if she really doesn't like the Loop. I'll keep trying the Loop with her to get that inflammation down in her. But maybe I won't try it again with that hole (for awhile) since she finally likes it.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The puzzle box is part of the larger office tree. She never showed any interest in it. Except a couple times when I stuffed a fish flake inside.

I tried to put her Assisi Loop on the platform above her hide hole. I don't know if she just had her fill of the hole or if she really doesn't like the Loop. I'll keep trying the Loop with her to get that inflammation down in her. But maybe I won't try it again with that hole (for awhile) since she finally likes it.
Wow, lucky Krista for having that as a choice in treatment! I'm sure you know that one of those helped Lil BUB a lot.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, lucky Krista for having that as a choice in treatment! I'm sure you know that one of those helped Lil BUB a lot.
Yes, I know. But she doesn't seem to like it. Every time I try to treat her, whether I slip it over her head while she's relaxing or try to keep it on her during a belly ride, it seems the surest way to interrupt her relaxation is to put the Loop on her. I would hope it would be as easy as putting it on top of the hide hole and letting her rest inside. But I don't want her to look at the hole as "that place that makes me feel funny" and not use it anymore. I keep trying to use it with her because the company has assured me that even short sessions can have some benefit.

Of course, now that I have her in my lap--she asked and I picked her up, she's still not jumping up into my lap yet--the Loop is across the room. 🤦‍♂️

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I know. But she doesn't seem to like it. Every time I try to treat her, whether I slip it over her head while she's relaxing or try to keep it on her during a belly ride, it seems the surest way to interrupt her relaxation is to put the Loop on her. I would hope it would be as easy as putting it on top of the hide hole and letting her rest inside. But I don't want her to look at the hole as "that place that makes me feel funny" and not use it anymore. I keep trying to use it with her because the company has assured me that even short sessions can have some benefit.

Of course, now that I have her in my lap--she asked and I picked her up, she's still not jumping up into my lap yet--the Loop is across the room. 🤦‍♂️
Isn't that the way? That's me with finding cats in perfect photo poses, or seeing somthing outside that's beautiful -- no phone or camera on me, it never fails!
Yeah, I absolutely understand. I wouldn't want that to happen, either. Her comfort and happiness has to be top priority.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After being on poop watch all day, she finally 💩 👍. And then souped. And then squirted. Almost a carpet squirt but I got a box under her in time. And finally 🤮.

Disappointing. But not entirely unexpected since yesterday's antibiotic was a 🦆 dose. And she got a smidgen of yeast with second dinner last night.

So tomorrow, I'm expecting things to be better since we skipped the yeast and the antibiotic was back to the pill. Whatever she didn't spit out anyway. 🤦‍♂️ At this point, I'm willing to take some amount of non-compliance over known inflammatory reactions.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After being on poop watch all day, she finally 💩 👍. And then souped. And then squirted. Almost a carpet squirt but I got a box under her in time. And finally 🤮.

Disappointing. But not entirely unexpected since yesterday's antibiotic was a 🦆 dose. And she got a smidgen of yeast with second dinner last night.

So tomorrow, I'm expecting things to be better since we skipped the yeast and the antibiotic was back to the pill. Whatever she didn't spit out anyway. 🤦‍♂️ At this point, I'm willing to take some amount of non-compliance over known inflammatory reactions.
Wishing, hoping, and praying for better quickly!!!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up before second breakfast to a single perfect polite (no mess, low odor) 💩. No bonuses. No distress.

And a perky Krista who wanted to ride my belly for the third or fourth time this morning. She had a few turns before first breakfast.

She even has a spring in her wobbly step again. Clearly we’re on the right track going away from the 🦆biotic. I’ll call the hospital today and see about getting more pills. As long as she’s eating it this way, I don’t know I even want to chance the bacon formula.

Status
Not open for further replies.