Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like she's doing great!

Is she a bit steadier on her feet now?
She’s getting steadier every day. She walks more normally now. But if she shakes her head (why is she shaking her head? 🧐), she loses her balance. She’s getting better at climbing onto my chest or walking across the pillows. But she still doesn’t have her sea legs yet.

And I just caught her scratching at her chin.

“If you scratch at it, I’ll have to put the cone back on.” I think she understood that.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She’s getting steadier every day. She walks more normally now. But if she shakes her head (why is she shaking her head? 🧐), she loses her balance. She’s getting better at climbing onto my chest or walking across the pillows. But she still doesn’t have her sea legs yet.

And I just caught her scratching at her chin.

“If you scratch at it, I’ll have to put the cone back on.” I think she understood that.
"Not the CONE. ANYTHING but the CONE!" :angrycat:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another Frankenstein’s cat scars picture:
C1C300EB-A078-449B-89AC-F45CB357D7C1.jpeg
I think it still looks good. The flash and her skin makes it look more yellow/orange than it actually is.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Not the CONE. ANYTHING but the CONE!" :angrycat:
She’s far more tolerant of the cone than I would be. It doesn’t preclude her from resting her head on the compress pillow or eating. I think she really only minds it going on and coming off (“make up your mind!)—because it has to go over her ears. She’s understandably touchy about her ears these days.

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she looks great too, especially considering she's just had her bulla chipped open and the contents thereof removed. When you take into account her pre-existing conditions I think she's a bloody marvel!

I'm glad to hear that she getting steadier on her feet. She's not showing any evidence of Horner's Syndrome is she? Also, didn't you order a cone for her that looks like a lion's mane? I keep waiting for that to make an appearance, lol.

I'm sure you've told us before but how did you get Krista?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she looks great too, especially considering she's just had her bulla chipped open and the contents thereof removed. When you take into account her pre-existing conditions I think she's a bloody marvel!

I'm glad to hear that she getting steadier on her feet. She's not showing any evidence of Horner's Syndrome is she? Also, didn't you order a cone for her that looks like a lion's mane? I keep waiting for that to make an appearance, lol.

I'm sure you've told us before but how did you get Krista?
The lion’s mane cone would be huge on her. And it’s not very flexible like the soft cone she has. It will not make an appearance except for a glamor shot or two much further down the road. Maybe a Halloween costume when this is a distant memory for her.

No Horners. Thankfully. She had that last year with a ruptured eardrum. Her senior years have not been easy on her. I’m so glad I don’t have to do the eye drops this time.

I got Krista from the shelter when she was two years old. I missed out on her kitten-est years. But she was still very kitten-ish when I got her. I used to have cover the toilet paper roll with a towel because she liked to run the paper treadmill, and also take big bites out of it. Not to eat but to shred it. She also loved to chew on hard plastic like power cords and adapters. Thankfully she grew out of those behaviors. I have to wonder why she ever ended up at the shelter. She has such a wonderful personality and temperament. She's like a dog cat. Whoever handled her socialization did an excellent job because she's confident, loving, and very trusting. She hasn't met a person she didn't like. In fact, she likes people more than I do. 😹

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The lion’s mane cone would be huge on her. And it’s not very flexible like the soft cone she has. It will not make an appearance except for a glamor shot or two much further down the road. Maybe a Halloween costume when this is a distant memory for her.

No Horners. Thankfully. She had that last year with a ruptured eardrum. Her senior years have not been easy on her. I’m so glad I don’t have to do the eye drops this time.

I got Krista from the shelter when she was two years old. I missed out on her kitten-est years. But she was still very kitten-ish when I got her. I used to have cover the toilet paper roll with a towel because she liked to run the paper treadmill, and also take big bites out of it. Not to eat but to shred it. She also loved to chew on hard plastic like power cords and adapters. Thankfully she grew out of those behaviors. I have to wonder why she ever ended up at the shelter. She has such a wonderful personality and temperament. She's like a dog cat. Whoever handled her socialization did an excellent job because she's confident, loving, and very trusting. She hasn't met a person she didn't like. In fact, she likes people more than I do. 😹
I adopted Tarifa as an 11-months kitten from a friend who did rescue and adoption, on her recommendation when I told her I needed a kitten who loved cats. Right away, her name came up. She was a little old at 11 months (we had just lost a beloved rescue kitten at less than 3 months and so I was thinking of a young kitten) but I knew she needed a loving permanent home and came highly recommended by someone I trusted, so I adopted her. I've never been sorry one second. She is the most amiable, sociable, friendly and loving of cats! Beloved Rani angel, who I also adopted as a (younger, rescue) kitten, used to love doing the toilet roll PURRformance art, too. She was very affectionate, loving, and concerned for anyone who was sad or sick. She was a perfect nurse to me at those times.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I should also mention that when we (myself and my girlfriend at the time who was paying the rescue fee as a birthday present) were browsing the cats in the cages, Krista was the first one who looked like she wanted to go. The others looked content with (or resigned to) their imprisonment. Krista, with her perky personality and wide eyes, she chose me. I also had never heard a cat trill before Krista. When Krista was brought to the socialization room where I could meet her, I was like, "what is that noise she's making? Is that a healthy cat sound?" 😸 🤦‍♂️ Now I never want a cat who doesn't trill.

The audio (and video) on this one is rough. But it was recorded with 14 year old technology. This is her shortly after bringing her home (within the first week if not the first weekend):
https://thecatsite.com/media/little-lion-trilling.423447/

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well shoot! She just had her first bonus poops 💩💩💩 and poop pukes 🤮 since cutting out the fish flakes. Luckily I was there to change the boxes out for her as fast as she could dirty them. The barf however was within the pen. But the pen cleans up a lot easier than the carpet. I let her back out so I could clean the pen. And now she’s back in lock up.

Back to basics. Cutting out the salmon oil and the green powder now that her appetite has picked up again. This way if she’s still blowing out, we can point to either the antibiotic or a need to move back to the twice weekly chemo. But let’s operate on the antibiotic theory first. If I can add some s boulardii to her meals, we just may re-achieve poop stability.

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I teach at the University of Central Florida in Orlando and there's an office cat in the physics building who trills just like that. I'll often go by there just to play with her. They've named her Blanche for one of the Golden Girls but to me she's Blanche DuBois. Just like your Krista, she's never met a stranger. But just like Blanche DuBoius she depends upon the kindness of strangers . . . for head rubs, ear scritches, treats, etc., lol.

I'm so glad your lovely girl is doing well. I've said it before but it bears repeating: she's very lucky to have you as a custodian. You take exemplary care of her.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! What a difference a night makes!

I went in this morning at 5:30 am to serve her first breakfast.

A perfect 💩 in the box.

A clean plate from the overnight. 👍

I plated her first breakfast and she tore into it. I fixed myself a bowl of cereal. By the time I finished my cereal, she had finished her first breakfast. Completely. 👍

I guess enticements are no longer needed. And I don’t need to worry about her poop-making abilities.

Her surgeon called last night. Said the biopsy is benign. The culture is a common staph that responds well to the marbofloxacin she’s been getting. Prescription for compounded formula will be called in this morning. I’m going to have that shipped as fast as they ship it. Because I dread pilling her.

Trupanion’s payments posted this morning. 😻👍 I’ll be sending those off to the credit card later this morning.

Time for a little between breakfast snoozing and I’ll be delighted to fix her another in a few hours.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! What a difference a night makes!

I went in this morning at 5:30 am to serve her first breakfast.

A perfect 💩 in the box.

A clean plate from the overnight. 👍

I plated her first breakfast and she tore into it. I fixed myself a bowl of cereal. By the time I finished my cereal, she had finished her first breakfast. Completely. 👍

I guess enticements are no longer needed. And I don’t need to worry about her poop-making abilities.

Her surgeon called last night. Said the biopsy is benign. The culture is a common staph that responds well to the marbofloxacin she’s been getting. Prescription for compounded formula will be called in this morning. I’m going to have that shipped as fast as they ship it. Because I dread pilling her.

Trupanion’s payments posted this morning. 😻👍 I’ll be sending those off to the credit card later this morning.

Time for a little between breakfast snoozing and I’ll be delighted to fix her another in a few hours.
WONDERFUL!!! Especially the biopsy news! Keep up the great work, you two!

Status
Not open for further replies.