Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve never seen an animal so eager to take chemotherapy!

She was so pushy and climbing all over me while I’m trying to prep her food and medicine this morning. Then when I finally get it ready, it’s a two or three bites of food, just enough to hold the medicine. And she eats it all and leaves a clean plate. Then I plate the rest of her breakfast on another plate and “I’ll race you!” to her meal spot.

I’m so relieved and grateful that between her steroids and chemo, she just loves taking her medicine. 😻 That makes having to give her something every day in the case of her steroids and every third day for chemo so much easier!

Except for last night’s pre-dinner barf, last dosing period (from one chemo dose to the next) was nearly perfect. No bonus poops unless you count last night’s 9 pm special. But all her poops were one and done. No carpet bombs or barf inducing toothpaste squiggles.

Let’s see if we can extend that streak to next dose (and beyond.).

Tomorrow she gets another B-12 shot. That’s the only medicine she’s not eager to take. 😿

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve never seen an animal so eager to take chemotherapy!

She was so pushy and climbing all over me while I’m trying to prep her food and medicine this morning. Then when I finally get it ready, it’s a two or three bites of food, just enough to hold the medicine. And she eats it all and leaves a clean plate. Then I plate the rest of her breakfast on another plate and “I’ll race you!” to her meal spot.

I’m so relieved and grateful that between her steroids and chemo, she just loves taking her medicine. 😻 That makes having to give her something every day in the case of her steroids and every third day for chemo so much easier!

Except for last night’s pre-dinner barf, last dosing period (from one chemo dose to the next) was nearly perfect. No bonus poops unless you count last night’s 9 pm special. But all her poops were one and done. No carpet bombs or barf inducing toothpaste squiggles.

Let’s see if we can extend that streak to next dose (and beyond.).

Tomorrow she gets another B-12 shot. That’s the only medicine she’s not eager to take. 😿
It's 99% good -- we'll take it, won't we?!! :yess: :kneading::clap2::cheerleader:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
💩👍

She's been patiently waiting for lunch for nearly 2 hours now. I've been waiting for her poop. I wanted to make sure she didn't scarf down lunch and then promptly barf it back up after she pooped. Well, now she's pooped and it doesn't look like there will be any bonuses or aftershocks. She did her booty duty, a light grooming session, and retired to her tree. I think she's given up on me feeding her. 😿

I'll show her!
🍔🌭🍟🍕
🐷🐷🐷🐷

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
💩👍

She's been patiently waiting for lunch for nearly 2 hours now. I've been waiting for her poop. I wanted to make sure she didn't scarf down lunch and then promptly barf it back up after she pooped. Well, now she's pooped and it doesn't look like there will be any bonuses or aftershocks. She did her booty duty, a light grooming session, and retired to her tree. I think she's given up on me feeding her. 😿

I'll show her!
🍔🌭🍟🍕
🐷🐷🐷🐷
🍤🍗🥩🍖🍥🧀🥚🥘 Tarifa does that, too. Yells at supersonic levels and then gives up. Starts up again when she actually SEES the food coming toward her. *It works!*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
🍤🍗🥩🍖🍥🧀🥚🥘 Tarifa does that, too. Yells at supersonic levels and then gives up. Starts up again when she actually SEES the food coming toward her. *It works!*
It depends on the hour and what I'm doing. If I'm in bed, she'll either walk laps across my chest (this is more a midnight meal behavior) or she'll sit on my belly/chest (this is a morning behavior. Best alarm clock ever!) If I'm working, she'll camp at the office door at first. Eventually she'll make her way to the filling station if I haven't taken her hint yet. She's supposed to get her afternoon snack at 3pm. She's camped just outside the door right now at 2:45. I have a 3:30 meeting so I'll humor her and we'll get this going a little early.
:clapcat:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on the hour and what I'm doing. If I'm in bed, she'll either walk laps across my chest (this is more a midnight meal behavior) or she'll sit on my belly/chest (this is a morning behavior. Best alarm clock ever!) If I'm working, she'll camp at the office door at first. Eventually she'll make her way to the filling station if I haven't taken her hint yet. She's supposed to get her afternoon snack at 3pm. She's camped just outside the door right now at 2:45. I have a 3:30 meeting so I'll humor her and we'll get this going a little early.
:clapcat:
*Wise decision!* Does she yell if she's not fed quickly? Tarifa is SO loud!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Wise decision!* Does she yell if she's not fed quickly? Tarifa is SO loud!
Depends on the hour. She'll sing in the morning and at "midnight" meal (which I'm trying to push to 1am these days.) There was a long stretch last year where her meow practically disappeared because she wasn't feeling too well. The year before too during her pancreatitis. So hearing her sing her feed me song is now more welcome than it's not.

She's not too loud. She's about the right volume. Insistent, but screaming child.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends on the hour. She'll sing in the morning and at "midnight" meal (which I'm trying to push to 1am these days.) There was a long stretch last year where her meow practically disappeared because she wasn't feeling too well. The year before too during her pancreatitis. So hearing her sing her feed me song is now more welcome than it's not.

She's not too loud. She's about the right volume. Insistent, but screaming child.
*NEVER deny a cat her food!*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*NEVER deny a cat her food!*
She gets fed on a schedule and within her food budget. Feeding her too much or too often is how we get the bonus poops and double-ended blowouts.

Now as she puts in more incident-free days and shows me her butt and gut are healing, we can increase portion size. But at the expense of meal frequency. My hope is that we can eventually taper the pred so she won't have the munchies all the time.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some carpet bomber is in poop jail! B6B3A3EE-5D4A-44DB-91A6-A90B965F813E.jpeg
But we may have escaped the poop pukes. I’m waiting her out for a bit longer.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As long as I had her poop jailed, I fixed her second dinner. Then I prepared her B12 shot. Why wait until tomorrow? I already had her captive. Why stress her a second time?

So I started by lowering myself onto her tail. 🤦🏼‍♂️ I was wondering why she was making such a racket before I even poked her. It took three separate pokes 🤺🤺🤺 to finally get one that stuck that she didn’t jerk out of. She finally gave in and we got another good shot in her. 💉 No wet spots.

“And you’re done! Go eat your second dinner!”

I disposed of the needle and syringe, and came back out.

She gave me a wassup trill while eating. 😺 I jailed her, sat on her tail, and poked her several times. And she still doesn’t hold a grudge. 😻

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As long as I had her poop jailed, I fixed her second dinner. Then I prepared her B12 shot. Why wait until tomorrow? I already had her captive. Why stress her a second time?

So I started by lowering myself onto her tail. 🤦🏼‍♂️ I was wondering why she was making such a racket before I even poked her. It took three separate pokes 🤺🤺🤺 to finally get one that stuck that she didn’t jerk out of. She finally gave in and we got another good shot in her. 💉 No wet spots.

“And you’re done! Go eat your second dinner!”

I disposed of the needle and syringe, and came back out.

She gave me a wassup trill while eating. 😺 I jailed her, sat on her tail, and poked her several times. And she still doesn’t hold a grudge. 😻
UNCONDITIONAL loyalty and love. Cats give it like nobody's business.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UNCONDITIONAL loyalty and love. Cats give it like nobody's business.
I've read so many accounts of skittish cats and cats who hold grudges. But this goof ball, this love nugget, even when I really piss her off (which happens very infrequently), she'll give a nip and then follow that up immediately with a lick. "I'm sorry it came to that. I still love you."

Even with all the drama last night, I woke to a cat laying on my chest this morning. 😻

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've read so many accounts of skittish cats and cats who hold grudges. But this goof ball, this love nugget, even when I really piss her off (which happens very infrequently), she'll give a nip and then follow that up immediately with a lick. "I'm sorry it came to that. I still love you."

Even with all the drama last night, I woke to a cat laying on my chest this morning. 😻
Exactly. I don't believe cats hold "grudges" -- they can be hurt, physically or emotionally, but given half a chance, they are the most loving of living beings.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"When you gonna poop?" 🐈🧐

Hopefully she'll break up a day's worth of poop over two sessions rather than trying to get it all out at once.

And here she comes into the filling station....

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
💩👍

Impressive poop leg! Is it enough? I guess it was for now. But I would not be surprised if we have another poop tonight. Hopefully no carpet bombing or poop pukes. 🤞

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rawz is having supply issues again. 🤦🏼‍♂️😿
I will finish the current case this weekend. I have another case that will last me 12 days. I went through five different online retailers and found one that had a case. Let’s see if they really do or if I get an email next week saying, “Just kidding. Our website and inventory are out of sync.” I found another retailer who says they’re out of stock but they let me purchase it anyway. I think maybe the webmaster has forgot to update the product title when they got stock back in. Or they really are out of stock and they should fix their website. Either way, I’ll let them correct their mistake if it is one. And if I do end up with two cases, it’s not like Krista won’t eat through them both. 🐽🐽🐽

I may take a drive to SF this weekend if that one retailer who seems immune to these supply issues has a case. I’ll call tomorrow and see if I can purchase it over the phone and come pick it up on Saturday.

If I could switch brands, I probably would. This is so frustrating.

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3am 💩👍

At least I have KBO to watch while I make sure she’s one and done. 🤞

Status
Not open for further replies.