Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning poop has returned.

Stealthy!

If she hadn’t left these perfect Lincoln logs just sitting there on top of the litter without burying, I may not have noticed them. They weren’t announcing themselves by odor. 👍

Except that I watch her on the Poopcam every time I hear her in the box. The first log seemed to have taken so much effort to pinch it off that she stumbled forward into the next litter box where she left the remainder. A little poop ball.

She’s got a new hiding spot. I think I need a new camera. She likes to lay under the media bench now after meals.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning poop has returned.

Stealthy!

If she hadn’t left these perfect Lincoln logs just sitting there on top of the litter without burying, I may not have noticed them. They weren’t announcing themselves by odor. 👍

Except that I watch her on the Poopcam every time I hear her in the box. The first log seemed to have taken so much effort to pinch it off that she stumbled forward into the next litter box where she left the remainder. A little poop ball.

She’s got a new hiding spot. I think I need a new camera. She likes to lay under the media bench now after meals.
Sounds like another good day, all things considered! Keep it up, Krista! Show us how it's done! :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob: :yess:;)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She’s lost a step to chemo. I think now that I’m actually giving her the correct dose instead of the wrong marking on the syringe, it’s been effective. But there are things that have slowed down or disappeared. Her play drive seems to be nil. She also seems less interested in joining me on the kitchen counter for meal prep. She’s also “meh” on her raw these days. She still eats the canned though.

Thankfully the recent inclusion of fish flakes to get her to take her medicine doesn’t seem to be having an effect in the litter box. And I don’t see her shaking her head like or scratching her ear as much as before when she was getting them all the time.

I would like a week without bonus poops (whether box or carpet) and poop pukes first before I worry too much about the rest. She wasn’t quite this skinny last summer during pancreatitis. But she was about this mopey and lethargic.

It took a couple of months of treatment from diagnosis last year to get her gaining weight again. I think we’re on week three of the chemo. At least at the correct dose.

And she’s tough. I never imagined a cat would be this resilient. There’s been so many times where I thought she wasn’t going to last another month. And she keeps going. I’m nearly spent on worrying about her. These days I figure she’ll tell me when it’s time. And until then, we keep going. Whatever that looks like. As long as she wants to!

Of course, camping out behind my rocking chair might shorten that. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹
78C34DDE-0BBA-4DA3-9A4C-33EF8D043674.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She’s lost a step to chemo. I think now that I’m actually giving her the correct dose instead of the wrong marking on the syringe, it’s been effective. But there are things that have slowed down or disappeared. Her play drive seems to be nil. She also seems less interested in joining me on the kitchen counter for meal prep. She’s also “meh” on her raw these days. She still eats the canned though.

Thankfully the recent inclusion of fish flakes to get her to take her medicine doesn’t seem to be having an effect in the litter box. And I don’t see her shaking her head like or scratching her ear as much as before when she was getting them all the time.

I would like a week without bonus poops (whether box or carpet) and poop pukes first before I worry too much about the rest. She wasn’t quite this skinny last summer during pancreatitis. But she was about this mopey and lethargic.

It took a couple of months of treatment from diagnosis last year to get her gaining weight again. I think we’re on week three of the chemo. At least at the correct dose.

And she’s tough. I never imagined a cat would be this resilient. There’s been so many times where I thought she wasn’t going to last another month. And she keeps going. I’m nearly spent on worrying about her. These days I figure she’ll tell me when it’s time. And until then, we keep going. Whatever that looks like. As long as she wants to!

Of course, camping out behind my rocking chair might shorten that. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹
View attachment 327379
Cats are some of the toughest and most resilient beings on earth. Krista gets so much love and good care from you that she's bound to be the best she can be for as long as she can. Sure agree on the digestive issues.
She is so pretty and sweet. :vibes::hearthrob::kneading::hearthrob: And all in all, she's doing great, don't you agree?:hangin::cheerleader::goldstar: Try not to "worry" but just keep up the good work and be sure to take time for you, too. Gotta be strong to be there for her.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another perfect 💩!

I got up to pee. She got up to pee. She was turning around to leave the litter area without a poop. But it's poop time. I employed the fresh litter, fresh poop trick. I added litter to one of the boxes and she turns back around. "Fresh litter? Well, that makes all the difference. Don't mind if I do!" 😻

Looks like we made it through without a dosing day disaster. 👍

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another perfect 💩!

I got up to pee. She got up to pee. She was turning around to leave the litter area without a poop. But it's poop time. I employed the fresh litter, fresh poop trick. I added litter to one of the boxes and she turns back around. "Fresh litter? Well, that makes all the difference. Don't mind if I do!" 😻

Looks like we made it through without a dosing day disaster. 👍
I've yet to meet a cat who could resist clean litter. It's like a sign saying: "Christen this! Right away!":flail:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another perfect 💩

These are so much better than before. They are sitting in baggies waiting for this lazy weather wimp to brave the path to the dumpster. And they aren't stinking up the place. 👍

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
😿
I processed all four rabbit legs for her next batch of raw. And she didn’t try to inspect or supurrvise at all.

She did show up at the end when I was finished and cleaning up.

“Don’t worry. I saved you a small piece of sashimi.”
😻

I baggied the individual chunks so that I won’t have to partially thaw to break up the frozen chunk of rabbit meat. It’s those partially thawed pieces that turn to pink slime in the grinder. All the meat goes back in the freezer. I will probably grind and mix the next batch tomorrow.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
65DC3528-EFFF-475F-967C-58F8EA0BCA82.jpeg
I’m getting the ear stare for the last 20 minutes. 😹

No eyes. Just ears.

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
🐈💩

I think that’s to scale. 😹

There seems to be more poop than cat. She’s so small and skinny that it’s no wonder she looks so hurting this afternoon.
880CEA65-6631-4BCE-A7DB-4CB58E2A83C9.jpeg
I did taper her psyllium from a dash (1/8 tsp) to a pinch (1/16.). Let’s see if she can make it a week without blowouts and maybe we’ll taper again to a “smelly pidgeon”. That’s what I call the smidgen spoon (1/32.)

Attachments

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
🐈💩

I think that’s to scale. 😹

There seems to be more poop than cat. She’s so small and skinny that it’s no wonder she looks so hurting this afternoon.
View attachment 327567
I did taper her psyllium from a dash (1/8 tsp) to a pinch (1/16.). Let’s see if she can make it a week without blowouts and maybe we’ll taper again to a “smelly pidgeon”. That’s what I call the smidgen spoon (1/32.)
Little precious warrior Krista! :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob:

Status
Not open for further replies.