KOHA Limited Ingredient Shredded Duck in Canada?

cylon.descendant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm wondering if anyone has managed to get their hands on any Koha Limited Ingredient Shredded Duck Entree in Canada? It's the Shredded formula that I want in particular, as opposed to the LID Duck pate. My IBD/pancreatitis/allergies cat was doing really well on the Shredded Duck, and they stopped making it in their Canadian facility :(.

Ever since, I have tried a number of other LID Duck diets. It's really hard to find one that he actually likes eating. And the other benefit to the Shredded was that it was relatively low in fat, which is ideal for his chronic pancreatitis. (I know there seems to be some mixed info out there on whether or not cats need a moderate-to-low fat diet for pancreatitis like dogs do; some places say no, some say yes, so I prefer to err on the side of caution).

I've had him on the Rawz Duck and Duck Liver Pate for a while now, which is okay in terms of ingredients, and the fat levels aren't as high as some other brands. But at this point, he's just not crazy about it, and it's getting tougher to get him to eat it. I find myself longing for the days of the Koha Shredded Duck, because that seemed to be his goldilocks food. It's a long shot, but I'm curious if anyone has been able to procure it in Canada? Like, are there any US sites that ship it here? TIA

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Try contacting Koha to ask: Contact Us

Koha doesn't ship outside the US. I wonder if rubysmama rubysmama know where you might be able to buy the food from. She feeds limited ingredient type diets, too.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
cylon.descendant cylon.descendant : I feel for you, with having a cat food that agrees with your cat discontinued. It's happened to me, but luckily I was able to find a food that's working with Ruby's system, for now.

As for importing US cat food into Canada, I don't know anything about that, unfortunately.

I have looked for online pet food websites, and though I've not used it, one that seems to have a lot of various food brands, including KOHA, is Canadian Pet Connection. They don't seem to have the one you want, though, probably since it's no longer produced in Canada. :sigh:
You searched for koha cat food | Canadian Pet Connection

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cylon.descendant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for sharing your experience! I guess I may have to do some further trial and error. It is so tough finding something that this guy will eat and that doesn't cause a flare-up for him! He doesn't make my life easy, but I love him lol