Koga The [i Think] Nebelung

anonymousbonelord

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Meet Koga!

I just adopted her a month and a half ago from the vet. I went in for a kitten and she chose me instead. She's a year old. Here's another picture of her, and also why I think she may not be pure nebelung

She sure is cute though. Very vocal. Follows me everywhere. Gets along with everyone, even other cats. Loving and friendly.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She is a pretty good Nebelung lookalike! Without papers, though, she would be called a blue Domestic Longhair, with a locket (the technical term for that little white spot on her chest). Blue cats of unknown breed can also be called Maltese cats. She is beautiful!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Koga is absolutely adorable, but in accuracy's interest, not a Nebelung. The Nebelung is a semi-longhaired Russian Blue, with matching Markers, save for being I rather than i. Both are dd (that is double recessive, Maltese Dilution), meaning that both Russian Blues and Nebelungs are actually solid black cats who carry and express the dilution gene, making them appear Blue. Neither can be locketed since the dd disables Epistatic White.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So...we'll say Nebelungish. It's shorter than "domestic long-haired." Whatever her parentage, they made PRETTY KITTIES! Welcome to both of you!

BTW, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , I did not know that. I find cat genetics fascinating, although I have only the most rudimentary understanding of them.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
What a beautiful kitty with those gorgeous green eyes. Welcome to TCS! :wave3: