Kitty's Favorite Toy

juliek1975

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does anyone else have a cat that is obsessed with a certain toy? I mean all my other cats have their favorites, but our newest addition since last November, Twilight has this braided rope toy that she is obsessed with. She is almost 6 months old and ever since we got that rope she has claimed it, the funny thing is that she doesn't seem to enjoy playing with it alone like she does the other toys.  This is her "mommy and me" toy, when she wants to play she'll bring it to me and if I'm not paying attention she'll sit staring at me trilling, and if I stop before she thinks I should she starts all over, it is super adorable...most of the time. However recently she's decided that bedtime is the perfect time to play with me, not so bad if it's just as I crawl into bed, which is how it started. She'd bring the toy up and trill at me, I'd play with her 5-10 minutes to wear her down enough that she was ready to lay down next to me. Now however she's started waking me up at night, last night she woke me from a deep sleep with her trilling. I tried ignoring her and pretending to still be sleeping, but next thing I know she drops the toy on my face and I opened my eyes and there she is giving me that stare that says "Won't you play with me, Mommy?". Now I know that by giving in that I'm only encouraging the behaviour, but I have a hard time resisting that look. When I remember I put the toy away after the first play session at night, but usually I tire myself out too...lol. Anyhow as I'm typing this she just came up to me so enjoy this little video of her. Note that usually I play much longer and harder with her.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh she's cute!

Mooch likes a catnip chili pepper; but we haven't had it for too long.  One of my Mom's cats came with a little pink toy that she loved and would carry around.  She was about 2 when my Mom adopted her and it came with her from her previous home.  Mom had to keep an eye on it and put it up sometimes thanks to the dogs; but Bunny liked her little pink heart-shaped toy. 

hatchytt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hades has several favorites. The chirpy bird ball in a tunnel toy, the pom poms for playing fetch, and wands with Rune. He just got done with a wands session and he's now wrestling with the wand on the kitchen floor. That's where he goes to cool down after a play session that ends in panting.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Just reminding everyone that you can review your cat's favorite toys right here on the TCS Reviews Section! It can really help other members find out more about a product, plus you can win a $30 Amazon gift card! 

psiangelic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Heath loves balls. He loves them so much that they are all under the couch all the time.