kitty seems to be tired of the food

dmfeng

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone,

My kitty has me really really confused. He currently eats, Nutro Natural Choice canned with some Missing Links vitamins sprinkled on top and IAMs dry food. Now a days, when I feed him canned he takes a few bites and then walks away. Sometimes I can get him to eat the rest 5 or 10 minutes later but not always. I get the feeling he's bored with the food since he only gets one flavor of the canned food. Last night, while feeding him canned food, he opted to munch on thd dry kibble that I left next to it instead. He behaves normally and isn't lethargic or anything I'm just a little curious if he is bored with the food and does that mean I should try to bring in a new flavor or a new brand of canned food. Any suggestions??

Thank you for your advice and input.

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually the same happened with my cat Nakita. The breeder was feeding her a little canned food twice a day and free feeding the rest of the day. When I brought her home, she didn't seem to want the wet. Now I only give it to her occasionally.

Cat's are finicky to begin with but some just prefer one type over the other. You could try another brand or flavour of canned food, it won't hurt.

Also to make sure Nakita is getting enough water daily because she won't eat the canned food, I will mix a little water with her dry food for breakfast. This results in a little broth which she loves. So if your cat refuses the canned variety you could do this.

angelzoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I prefer a dry food for my current cats, as their main meal anyway. They get a little wet food every other day.

Sure go ahead and get them another flavor, or brand, she might enjoy it.