Kitty Poo Club

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've never heard of it before. Just Googled, though, and found this YouTube video review.

dburts95

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A Disposable, Odor-Free Litter Box Every Month | Kitty Poo Club

Has anybody tried this subscription service? I wonder how much litter they give you and if the cats would take to it? My cats never liked crystal litter but they said this is shaped and feels different. Idk...

Would like to hear your reviews if anyone has tried it.
Unfortunately, this litter box did not work for my kitty. It's a great idea and I wish my kitty would have taken to it, but first she just tried to eat it and also went outside the box... so I did as the instructions said and added regular litter on top, but not until I had all the kitty poo litter covered with a good 2 inches did she get in and go, but as soon as she tried to cover it up and got to the kitty poo litter she again, refused to go in the box. So,not worth it for us, but it seems like a lot of others like it.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The price isn't too bad, considering. Crystal litter runs about $13-$15 for 7-8 pounds, so with the new box and home delivery that isn't terrible. My cats don't mind crystal litter. If your cats will use regular non-clumping litter they'll probably use crystal litter too.

Their information says the box comes with 7.5 pounds of crystal litter. That's the right amount for a nice deep layer in a nice big litterbox.

Konchok

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat hated it. We tried two boxes. With the first box we had to mix the litter with his old litter, because otherwise he wouldn't go near it. Even then he peed on the bathroom rug a couple of times (which he had never done before!). When the second box arrived, it seemed to be going a little better. Kitty still didn't like it, but he seemed to tolerate it. However, after about two weeks the litter was almost useless, all yellow and the crystals were disintegrating into powder (so we would have needed two boxes per month and that's 40 dollars). After kitty peed on our shoes one day, I took the litter out, cancelled my subscription and switched back to the old clumping stuff. Kitty was visibly relieved.

A disastrous experiment for both us and the poor cat. :(

kristenann

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I haven't tried that but I do use disposable litter boxes with regular clay clumping litter. Pretty affordable and they make my life a heck of a lot easier!
Screenshot_20181004-211629_Chrome.jpg

kristenann

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How often do you replace/throw the disposable boxes out? Thanks!
For reference I have 4 boxes for 4 cats and keep the litter 3-4inches deep. I scoop boxes 2x daily and I use whatever is the cheapest brand of clumping litter. I usually change the 2 boxes they most frequently use every 4 to 5 weeks and less used boxes every 6 to 8 weeks. If the boxes get gross (aka poop stains on the side) I may switch a box out sooner. I haven't had any problems with the boxes leaking or anythinf.

KittyTalk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I tried it for 2 months. This does not work as advertised. It smells horrible, and completely gross within 2 weeks of using it and I only have one cat. It tracks just as much as normal litter, if not worse. It hurts when you step on it, or lay on it when we find it all the way in our bedroom. Gave it a shot, but definitely not worth saving a few dollars.

Lynae

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had a terrible experience. I have one cat and the kitty litter box looked like pee soup after two weeks. The urine didn’t evaporate as promised. They told me I needed to get new box every 3 weeks instead of once a month.

Suru

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What are your current cats using?

I'm using pine pellets and breeze box. I don't spend more than 30seconds at the litter box everyday and clean out the bottom catch tray every 4-5 days. I probably don't even need to scoop every day since the little absorbs moisture and odors. It's so easy.

bethytresgatos

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I love it- we used to try to remember to dump the plastic litter boxes every month or so and hose them out- but it's such a hassle it got procrastinated a lot. We have ours delivered every 3 weeks (3 cats, one is young and going through a lot of litter!) I prefer to scoop the urine stained litter out and top it off with fresh crystal litter instead of just stirring. I think the cost is probably a wash but it is definitely a way better situation than dragging litter boxes outside to hose off every so often (or forgetting to, and getting a gross box).

bethytresgatos

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A Disposable, Odor-Free Litter Box Every Month | Kitty Poo Club

Has anybody tried this subscription service? I wonder how much litter they give you and if the cats would take to it? My cats never liked crystal litter but they said this is shaped and feels different. Idk...

Would like to hear your reviews if anyone has tried it.
Oh one other thing. I would try your cats on crystal litter first. Mine were on crystal litter originally, so if they're used to something else, don't throw away your old boxes just yet.

kristenann

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Boo I know. I just ordered my most recent shipment from chewy. Petsmart has then as well though they charge 3x as much in store so I usually order online for pickup.
They don’t sell these anymore on amazon lately. Grr.

lakeriedog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So I haven't tried that but I do use disposable litter boxes with regular clay clumping litter. Pretty affordable and they make my life a heck of a lot easier!
View attachment 255665
I use that one also, and by putting a litter liner under it it I have a way to put the whole thing in the trash when it's time to change it out, and I do not have to scrub out the cat pans.