kitty pneumonia?<respitory infection=lack of o2

brian

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello my kittys name is Esmerelda and she is my little princess. I recently moved in with my girlfriend and my kitty started coughing. I thought it was "hairball cough" but my girlfriend assured me that it wasn't. She took her to the vet and Esmerelda stressed out and this is what she told me. " Esmerelda started freaking out and her tounge turned blue, and her nose lost all color. The vet told me that she would most likely die today, he put her in a O2 tent and she relaxed and recovered." The vet took an X ray and said that her lunges were screwed up and gave her a shot of antibiotics, and a week supply of oral drops (antibotics). In addition to this he said that the x-ray showed that she had a "pinched" Trakei (can't spell). I don't understand that one but the X-ray did give that impression. She seems to be getting better but the coughing doesn't stop. Especially at night sounds like me when I had Bronchidus. Any advise honestly I love her but I can't afford kitty surgery. Especialy when sick animals tend to form a pattern of illnesses.

meghan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello Brian,

This happened to my Fergus in December (except he didn't have a pinched trachea). Fergus is happy and healthy now after 2 complete rounds of antibiotics. I really think that the stress of the vet's office caused him to get worse, so I always have him wait in the car until the vet calls him in.

Keep a positive outlook and pray for your cat. I will do the same for you.

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would hate to see an innocent kitty get put down because of lack of money. You may want to see if there is another vet and get another oppinion. Then see if theres a low cost animal hospitol in the area. Some of the larger ones sometimes will work out payments.