Kitty just ate scotch tape

syzygycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat just at a five inch inch strip of scotch tape. Is this a wait and see situation or emergency vet visit or ... ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

syzygycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
vet said it will probably pass on its own, come back if she's constipated, It's been days I'm probably in the clear. I haven't found any tape in her stools but she does chew it a lot.and there are 4 cats, could have missed it.

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
vet said it will probably pass on its own, come back if she's constipated, It's been days I'm probably in the clear. I haven't found any tape in her stools but she does chew it a lot.and there are 4 cats, could have missed it.
That's good. Still keep an eye on her. Anything a cat swallows that is string-like in nature can cause blockages or get wrapped around internal organs, and both can be extremely serious and costly to take care of.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Once you hit a full week, you can pretty much stop worrying, although I'd continue to be aware of bowel movements for a full two weeks, just to be sure!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

syzygycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's good. Still keep an eye on her. Anything a cat swallows that is string-like in nature can cause blockages or get wrapped around internal organs, and both can be extremely serious and costly to take care of.
Once you hit a full week, you can pretty much stop worrying, although I'd continue to be aware of bowel movements for a full two weeks, just to be sure!
she chews on any kind of tape and static cling plastic wrap. Literally peels it off packaging/gift wrapping, if she thinks Im going to take it away she'll try to swallow it before I get to it. Adorable, annoying, and nerve wracking at the same time.

Anyway, I sifted cat poop for 9 days, no cant find any tape. Hopefully it was chewed up or smaller than I feared