Kitty in the road...

8furballs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So...I was driving home on this one windy road. I saw an animal sitting on the road. The road was wet so I slowed down in case it ran in front of me. First glance it looked like a possum but then I saw it was a cat. She was a beautiful gray calico. She might not have looked beautiful at the time but I saw past everything. She was damp from the rain, dirty, had flies around her, a few engorged ticks, and when she walked she had a bad limp in two legs. She didn't run from the car when I stopped beside her. I rolled down the window and tried to call her closer. She looked at me with sorrowful eyes. I attempted to pull into a driveway but there was 2 big Dobermans and a German Pointer whom were running loose. I pulled back out and tried to park as close to the shoulder as I could and put my 4 ways on. I knew the dogs saw me but I got out anyways. I got really close the cat...but when I reached for her...she "ran" a little away. I tried again but she ran to the side where there was a drain pipe and I couldn't get her. The dogs started to come closer...so I got back in the car and drove away. My heart feels sad for this precious kitty. Even if I could have gotten a hold of her and taken her to a vet...I didn't have a carrier or anything to hold her in. I wish she would've let me get her. I hope this beautiful cat gets the help she needs. I probably could have done more...

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh dear.... that poor little one. :shame: Is there anyway you could go back with a crate? Put a can of food in the crate near the drain pipe. The dogs are a concern though if they are running loose but you could bring some maze if they come near you. Was there a barn nearby, a home? I wonder if someone else could help contain the dogs so you can rescue the kitten? I assume since there was one kitty there are others in need in that area. Or maybe contact your local rescue group or TNR organization. Sometimes they will assist and help to relocate these kittens to a safer place. There is such a need and all it takes is one person to get the ball rolling to help this cat or cats'. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

8furballs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Setting the trap would be on someone's property so that is concerning. I think i'm going to keep a crate in the back of my car and hope I see her again. :dk: