Kitty Has Suddenly (in The Past 2 Hours) Undergone Radical, Violent Personality Change

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We had a stray cat like that at the shelter. We suspected that he could have been abused at some point, had a brain tumor, or was bipolar. He was so aggressive at times that we limited the number of people who had contact with him, put him in the feral enclosure, and wore leg guards and jackets around him. More than one person (including me) ended up at the ER after an unprovoked attack.

He started showing signs of illness after about a year. It turned out that poor Panther had cancer. He got palliative care and was incredibly loving during the last weeks of his life.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
If it turns out you try prozac with her, as long as she eats her food regularly, you can crush the pill up and sprinkle it in with wet food. When I first got Luciano he was on prozac & the pill crumbles very easily by rolling the side of a cat food can on it. I had to give him 1/2 pill and it was easily halved with my fingernail. Good luck.

Mickpest

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have had her 4 1/2 years; she was a rescue kitten too young to be properly away from her mother.

This didn't seem like redirected aggression, I've dealt with cats and that before. We live on the second floor and her favorite pastime is staring out the window. She'll frequently chitter at squirrels and birds. And she wasn't near a window or anything when this happened. It was just like a switch got flipped and her personality completely changed.
So distressing. Keeping fingers crossed for you and a good outcome!

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
It's also possible she's had a stroke.I'd certainly have her checked for it. Our Mouse had one and had a definite personality change. He wouldn't let the others near the litter pan or the food. Streaker also had one, but it didn't affect his personality.

I urge you to have this checked. If it is a stroke, it may well be fixable.

I wish both of you the best and will keep you in my thoughts.