Kitty Got Into Some Chicken Salad

brdwybaby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The canned chicken was sitting in a bowl being prepared. Nothing was added yet. It was just canned chicken and the salt that comes in it. She didn’t get much, but I didn’t see the exact amount. I was told she was seen jumping off the counter and licking her lips. Should be okay, right?

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it should be fine. I'd watch her a bit more closely than usual, though, just to be sure. We have a cat who used to steal food fairly regularly and she rarely vomited but occasionally there were some really obvious ones, like pine nuts!

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont think it will hurt her at all. Its a bit salty to feed a cat, but i have given mine a pinch or two as a treat when i am making chicken salad.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont think it will hurt her at all. Its a bit salty to feed a cat, but i have given mine a pinch or two as a treat when i am making chicken salad.
Exactly. And I think they sometimes just lick the food but don't eat it. On the other hand, we've had cheese disappear...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brdwybaby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Exactly. And I think they sometimes just lick the food but don't eat it. On the other hand, we've had cheese disappear...
I’m laughing at the cheese! lol thanks, everyone!!

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m laughing at the cheese! lol thanks, everyone!!
Yes, we have one cat we call Cheese Shark. Grated Parmesan is her specialty.

I think your cat is probably fine after the chicken, right?